Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-15-2017, 09:28 PM)McC Wrote: We get it.  You don't like Andy Dalton.  Say it  thousand more times.  We didn't hear you the first thousand times.  Sheesh.

I like Andy's talent a lot better than several NFL QB's however he is not in the same discussion with ANY of the top guys in the league. 

My issue is that the OP has this twilight zone mentality that if we say it said enough times it will come true. That is exactly how Mike & Marvin and run this organization. 

To get back to the OP topic...do you think that yesterday's game proved that Dalton and Brady are basically the same when they pay the same defense? 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 09:28 PM)McC Wrote: We get it.  You don't like Andy Dalton.  Say it  thousand more times.  We didn't hear you the first thousand times.  Sheesh.

..but you have no issue with a thread comparing Andy to Brady? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 09:39 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: I like Andy's talent a lot better than several NFL QB's however he is not in the same discussion with ANY of the top guys in the league. 

My issue is that the OP has this twilight zone mentality that if we say it said enough times it will come true. That is exactly how Mike & Marvin and run this organization. 

To get back to the OP topic...do you think that yesterday's game proved that Dalton and Brady are basically the same when they pay the same defense? 

We definitely need to have dominant position groups to win in the playoffs. I'm talking Top 5 at a couple position groups. We haven't really had that.

We probably need a dominant line that can run block and a dominant RB also.

So many ways we could go in the draft...but I'd be ok with Williams, Fournette, or Cook. Those guys would make our offense more electric.

Cook lead college football in making guys miss. He can get yards even when blocking isn't great.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 07:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It doesn't matter. The average fan doesn't remember who 'almost' won. Only the champs are remembered.

Most people remember the Bills losing 4 SBs. Few remember they were 4 in a row. A team 'going' to the SB 4 years in a row will probably never happen again.

Most people don't say, "The Great Bills dynasty when they went to 4 SBs in a row!"

It's more like, "The Bills and the Vikings are the only 0-4 SB teams. Big losers"

So, the average fan huh? The average fan would say Andy Dalton does not belong in the same conversation as Brady, not do the Bengals belong in the same discussion with the Patriots. One is a perennial facorite with multiple titles in the past 15 years. The other has been one of the laughingstocks of the league. One has the unanimous best coach in the NFL. The other has the coach with the NFL record for failure in the Playoffs. One has a revered owner in Robert Kraft. The other has a cheapskate who has played GM with laughable results. One team has the "Patriot Way", which demands excellence and values results over everything. The other has "Mike Brown's Way", which values profits, and only considers winning if it's done in a way that also maximizes family profits.

That's the average fan take.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Here's something else. If you take Andy's & Brady's initials and put them together, you get ADTB. And wanna know what that means? Nothing.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..but you have no issue with a thread comparing Andy to Brady? 

No, actually the comparison was two games, one for each.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
LOL, please don't mention Brady and Dalton īn any comparable....one is calm and cool and wins big games all the time, the other has happy feet and has never won a big game.
Reply/Quote
First playoff game:

Andy Dalton: 257 yards, 0 TDs, 3 Ints, 51.5 passer rating

Dak Prescott: 305 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int, 103.2 passer rating

But they both lost, so pretty much even-steven. Just like Andy and Tom
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 09:39 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: I like Andy's talent a lot better than several NFL QB's however he is not in the same discussion with ANY of the top guys in the league. 

I think it proves it's hard for anyone to play QB while getting one brains beat in and it proves Brady is in a much better system and has a coaching staff capable of finding ways to win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 09:50 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: So, the average fan huh?  The average fan would say Andy Dalton does not belong in the same conversation as Brady, not do the Bengals belong in the same discussion with the Patriots.  One is a perennial facorite with multiple titles in the past 15 years.  The other has been one of the laughingstocks of the league.  One has the unanimous best coach in the NFL.  The other has the coach with the NFL record for failure in the Playoffs.  One has a revered owner in Robert Kraft.  The other has a cheapskate who has played GM with laughable results.  One team has the "Patriot Way", which demands excellence and values results over everything.  The other has "Mike  Brown's Way", which values profits, and only considers winning if it's done in a way that also maximizes family profits.

Cool   What are you talking about???  My reply has absolutely nothing to do with Dalton.  My reply was in response to so many fans who live, drink, and breathe football and think that winning a playoff game means something!

Someone made a comment in another thread that what a shame it would be if Sanu retires with a playoff game and Green doesn't get one!!!!    Nervous   Shocked  Unbelievable!!   PLAYOFF GAMES ARE OVERRATED AND POINTLESS UNLESS YOU WIN THE LAST ONE!!!

The point, I believe, the OP was making was, that as great as he is, Brady still has off games and great defenses will make a difference 9 times out of 10!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 09:50 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: So, the average fan huh?  The average fan would say Andy Dalton does not belong in the same conversation as Brady, not do the Bengals belong in the same discussion with the Patriots.  One is a perennial facorite with multiple titles in the past 15 years.  The other has been one of the laughingstocks of the league.  One has the unanimous best coach in the NFL.  The other has the coach with the NFL record for failure in the Playoffs.  One has a revered owner in Robert Kraft.  The other has a cheapskate who has played GM with laughable results.  One team has the "Patriot Way", which demands excellence and values results over everything.  The other has "Mike  Brown's Way", which values profits, and only considers winning if it's done in a way that also maximizes family profits.

A Thousand yup's 

(01-15-2017, 10:08 PM)McC Wrote: No, actually the comparison was two games, one for each.  

Right but you know Fred has taught them well and they take the argument to the extreme edge like the OP was saying Dalton was as good as Brady - overall. You know twist and spin to suit their narrative. 
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton has one head-to-head win against Tom Brady in his career-- but it was a big one in 2013. One of these days Cincinnati will figure out how to make the leap from pretender to contender.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 10:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Cool   What are you talking about???  My reply has absolutely nothing to do with Dalton.  My reply was in response to so many fans who live, drink, and breathe football and think that winning a playoff game means something!

Someone made a comment in another thread that what a shame it would be if Sanu retires with a playoff game and Green doesn't get one!!!!    Nervous   Shocked  Unbelievable!!   PLAYOFF GAMES ARE OVERRATED AND POINTLESS UNLESS YOU WIN THE LAST ONE!!!

The point, I believe, the OP was making was, that as great as he is, Brady still has off games and great defenses will make a difference 9 times out of 10!

My response was in reply to your "average fan" assertion, and how somehow the success of the Pats and other perennial contenders is somehow lessened because they didn't win "the last game". The fact is, there are the perennial contenders in the NFL, and the average fan recognizes that. The average fan also realizes that the Bengals shoot themselves in the foot with inept coaching and poor management. Only one team is happy at the end of the year. However, it's laughable to minimize the stability of teams who are constantly among the last teams playing. Playoff games are not overrated, because you have to win them to win a title. Playoff games, as such, are far more significant than regular season games. Once a team gets in, they absolutely have to win.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 10:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton has one head-to-head win against Tom Brady in his career-- but it was a big one in 2013.  One of these days Cincinnati will figure out how to make the leap from pretender to contender.

Only if the next man, in this case, probably woman (Katie B), up breaks family and friends ties, cleans house, and hires football minds from GM to position coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 10:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: My response was in reply to your "average fan" assertion, and how somehow the success of the Pats and other perennial contenders is somehow lessened because they didn't win "the last game".  The fact is, there are the perennial contenders in the NFL, and the average fan recognizes that.  The average fan also realizes that the Bengals shoot themselves in the foot with inept coaching and poor management.  Only one team is happy at the end of the year.  However, it's laughable to minimize the stability of teams who are constantly among the last teams playing.  Playoff games are not overrated, because you have to win them to win a title.  Playoff games, as such, are far more significant than regular season games.  Once a team gets in, they absolutely have to win.

You are talking to someone who knows the history of this franchise so save your breath.  I also know what the problem with this franchise is, and his name is Mike Brown.  I've been down this road and given all the stats and examples to support this and I'm not going there again just because you weren't paying attention.

Until he passes the baton, which will probably be to Katie B., until/unless that happens, nothing will change about this franchise.and even then it's no guarantee that she will cut family and friend ties, clean house, hire football minds, and let them run the show.

His father had a football mind and wanted to win, regardless of family and friends, but still couldn't win the last game of the playoffs before he died.

BTW, you can't win the last game of the playoffs, unless you 'make' the playoffs.  Twenty teams out of 32 sit at home this time of year!
Reply/Quote
Stats are overrated. If tannahill and romo can put up 4000 yards, I guess they can be up there with Brady too.
Reply/Quote
stat wise Dalton is right there with brady while Dalton played 3 less games through first 6 years.
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady actually wins playoff games and also has rings...Get back to me when Dalton does
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First playoff game:

Andy Dalton: 257 yards, 0 TDs, 3 Ints, 51.5 passer rating

Dak Prescott: 305 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int, 103.2 passer rating

But they both lost, so pretty much even-steven. Just like Andy and Tom

Great example.  You are actually making my point for me...

One had Zeke Elliot, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, the best oline in football, and was going against one of the worst defenses in the league at home.  

The other had AJ Green, and was going against the #1 defense in the league on the road.  

Yep, with all those other things being so similar, it is easy to say why each QB fared so similarly.

Why not just have the QBs face off in a cage match, since it is clearly only the QB that matters.  
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great example.  You are actually making my point for me...

One had Zeke Elliot, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, the best oline in football, and was going against one of the worst defenses in the league at home.  

The other had AJ Green, and was going against the #1 defense in the league on the road.  

Yep, with all those other things being so similar, it is easy to say why each QB fared so similarly.

Why not just have the QBs face off in a cage match, since it is clearly only the QB that matters.  

Not to mention that 1 of Daltons INTs was basically a punt on 4th down, and the other was a ridiculous play from JJ Watt that it doesn't matter who was at QB it would have been an INT. But let's just forget the details of the game, if you ignore the how and why it can fit your narrative better.
Reply/Quote