Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off season programming idea for NFL Network
It always amazes me how much we crave information on the Bengals in the off season. Simple passing drills in shorts become crucial to deciding our WR lineup. And I am sure that the fans of all other teams are the same.

Here is an idea I had for some off season entertainment for NFL fans. There needs to be an NFL 7-on-7 passing competition. It could replace or be in addition to the OTAs. The teams would have a few days individual practice, then all 4 teams from each division would get together in one city (it would rotate among the four) for three days (Fri-Sun) and play a round robin format with 2 games a day.

It would mostly be back ups, but it would still be much more fun than just watching the team go through drills. And they could stretch it out over 4 weeks with 2 divisions playing each weekend.

Risk of injury would be minimal. The players might gripe, but it would produce more income for the league which means more income for the players.

Wouldn't it be great to see the Bengals play the Brown, Steelers, and Ravens on three straight days during June or July. I'd trade that for a preseason game.
Reply/Quote
Don't want to give teams you'll have to face twice a year previews of what you'll be doing and, if you're not doing things that you'll be doing in actual games, what's the point?

Plus, too much risk for injury.

Would be great for fans, just not ideal for teams.
Reply/Quote
I think it would be cool to see plus it would give the NFL more coverage and give the younger players more PT.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
More bullshit top ten lists for me, please.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 03:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't want to give teams you'll have to face twice a year previews of what you'll be doing and, if you're not doing things that you'll be doing in actual games, what's the point?

The point is to get practice time against other NFL teams to evaluate our young players.

There are no big secrets about what we do in our passing game.
Reply/Quote