Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady deflate gate suspension reinstated
An appeals court has reinstated Brady's 4 game suspension.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15353950/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-four-game-suspension-deflategate-reinstated-appeals-court
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
The big Cheetah....
Reply/Quote
Cardinals, phins, Texans, and Bills all catch a break.

Poor Browns get Brady.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cardinals, phins, Texans, and Bills all catch a break.    

Poor Browns get Brady.

I wondered who were the first four games and had not looked yet.

Wow.

I wonder if he appeals this too?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wondered who were the first four games and had not looked yet.

Wow.

Who's he going to appeal it to, this was the Court of Appeals. The Supreme Court would laugh him out of the building for even filing.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who's he going to appeal it to, this was the Court of Appeals. The Supreme Court would laugh him out of the building for even filing.

He can request a stay (according to one story) and have the full 2nd circuit hear his case.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/25/11502804/tom-brady-suspension-deflategate-patriots-court
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wondered who were the first four games and had not looked yet.

Wow.

Yeah I knew they opened with Arizona and then Miami but wasn't sure of the others.   The Miami game is at foxboro.   Miami always seems to catch them in Miami.... So they may be able to steal one up there.   
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: He can request a stay (according to one story) and have the full 2nd circuit hear his case.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/25/11502804/tom-brady-suspension-deflategate-patriots-court

He needs to just accept the punishment.   He was involved enough to warrant.    Last year was a charade that he got out of it.... Glad to see its been set right.   
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He needs to just accept the punishment.   He was involved enough to warrant.    Last year was a charade that he got out of it.... Glad to see its been set right.   

I totally agree. This crap has gone on long enough. Just take the 4 days like a man.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 02:14 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I totally agree. This crap has gone on long enough. Just take the 4 days like a man.

Like he takes everything else?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Did you see he re-did his salary to only a million a year for this year, so this only is going to cost him a fraction of what it would have last year. Smart move.

http://deadspin.com/tom-bradys-new-contract-will-save-him-almost-2-million-1772894235
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know everyone is saying he should just accept it, but man, if I'm him, I just keep fighting it and fighting it at this point. As slow as all of this moves, he might be able to get it pushed back until he retires ( Kind of a joke, but also not a joke. ) If there's even the slightest chance that it gets changed again, I'm going all in. Worst case scenario is that you still just serve four games. Best case is you don't. Too much upside to stop fighting it now.
Reply/Quote
Donald Trump is defending Brady? Must be an election there.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The Appeals Court threaded a needle, overturning solely on the basis of deferring to the authority of the commissioner while actually agreeing with the NFLPA issues with the way Goodell behaved. Basically all they said was "he has the power in your contract".

For appeal from here, the NFLPA probably needs to concentrate on showing that the issues demonstrated bad faith on Goodell's part, and as such violate the basic principle in a contract that both parties acted in good faith.
Reply/Quote
Ray Rice admitted he hit his fiancée to Goodel; Goodel claims he didn't know what happened. Brady denies everything; Goodel claims he knows Brady was involved.

Brady may very well have been involved, but the NFL can't prove it. The Wells report is BS pseudoscience used to support Goodel's opinion rather than science guiding Goodel to reach a conclusion.

The ref can't remember which gauge he used for the pregame measurements, but the Wells report makes an assumption based upon the data which indicates tampering. If they assumed the other gauge was used the data would indicate no tampering took place.

The NFL allegedly recorded PSI levels all season, but hasn't released/leaked any info. Wonder why?

The only reason the NFL is pursuing this is because they don't want another arbitrary Goodel disciplinary ruling overturned. Again.

If I were the NFLPA, I'd continue fighting it until they exhausted all avenues of appeal because they're goal is to modify Goodel's role as discipline czar. Goodel has proven time and time again he is completely arbitrary, displays poor judgment, and in the Ray Rice case a liar who can't be trusted.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 02:44 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Did you see he re-did his salary to only a million a year for this year, so this only is going to cost him a fraction of what it would have last year. Smart move.

http://deadspin.com/tom-bradys-new-contract-will-save-him-almost-2-million-1772894235

He has been doing this for years and honestly it bothers me way more than deflated footballs because we all know the dude is great, he has proved that with proper PSI. 

Here is a link explaining my concern:
https://larrylarry1.wordpress.com/2015/10/19/the-prince-tom-brady-and-the-patriots-machiavellian-spirit-of-cheating/

Reply/Quote
This is stupid. The whole situation. Goodell just looks like more and more of an ass.

They should have just let it be last year. Sure, some would scream, *****, and moan about the "cheaters" getting away with it, but the NFL should have just punished the actual cheating years ago instead of overpunishing a trivial matter at worst.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 01:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cardinals, phins, Texans, and Bills all catch a break.    

Poor Browns get Brady.

The NFL is obviously doing this only because they are rigged to make Palmer/Tannehill/Osweiller and Tylenol Taylor look good. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2016, 06:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If I were the NFLPA, I'd continue fighting it until they exhausted all avenues of appeal because they're goal is to modify Goodel's role as discipline czar. Goodel has proven time and time again he is completely arbitrary, displays poor judgment, and in the Ray Rice case a liar who can't be trusted.

Brady does not want to push this any more.  The conversations he had with the equipment manager pretty much show he was involved.  The more it goes on the worse he looks.

(04-25-2016, 06:33 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: This is stupid. The whole situation. Goodell just looks like more and more of an ass.

They should have just let it be last year. Sure, some would scream, *****, and moan about the "cheaters" getting away with it, but the NFL should have just punished the actual cheating years ago instead of overpunishing a trivial matter at worst.

In my opinion Brady and the Pats are getting punished moire for failing to co-operate with the investigation that for the original offense.  

And when it all said and done the fact is that Goodell has the authority to do what he did.  It is in the CBA that the players agreed to.  The NFLPA gave Goodell the power, so they have no grounds to complain when he uses it.
Reply/Quote
This is a tough case for the NFLPA to represent. Especially since the story began by comments by other players. Their only case was to somehow make Goodell look wrong, of which the court has now confirmed his authority.
Reply/Quote