Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady's Suspension Questions
So much has happened that I've lost track of everything, but wasn't there videos of ball boys taking the balls to the locker rooms, where they were apparently deflated? And wasn't there other games where they found the balls to be deflated?

And the only defense I've heard is that maybe the weather caused the balls to deflate (which is horse shit).

Assuming that there is videos of the ball boys taking the balls to the locker rooms, have they interviewed the ball boys? Do they really think the ball boys would alter the greatest QB of all-time's (arguably) balls?

Few questions there, but it basically boils down to this: would the ball boys, or anyone for that matter, alter Brady's footballs without his instruction or knowledge? I've heard some QBs say they prefer more air, so would they risk damaging his play? Did they interview the ball boys?
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 08:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So much has happened that I've lost track of everything, but wasn't there videos of ball boys taking the balls to the locker rooms, where they were apparently deflated? And wasn't there other games where they found the balls to be deflated?

And the only defense I've heard is that maybe the weather caused the balls to deflate (which is horse shit).

Assuming that there is videos of the ball boys taking the balls to the locker rooms, have they interviewed the ball boys? Do they really think the ball boys would alter the greatest QB of all-time's (arguably) balls?

Few questions there, but it basically boils down to this: would the ball boys, or anyone for that matter, alter Brady's footballs without his instruction or knowledge? I've heard some QBs say they prefer more air, so would they risk damaging his play? Did they interview the ball boys?

It is basic science that temperature affects pressure. The NFL spent millions on the junk science in the Wells report and a 7th grader's science project debunked it.

There is no point in discussing this with you as your mind is already made up as demonstrated by your horseshit comment. I know there is nothing I or anyone else can tell you to change your mind so just do some research on your own.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 08:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So much has happened that I've lost track of everything, but wasn't there videos of ball boys taking the balls to the locker rooms, where they were apparently deflated? And wasn't there other games where they found the balls to be deflated?

I think the organization all but admitted they tampered with the balls when they accepted their penalty. I think the only question was if Brady was aware they this was done.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 04:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It is basic science that temperature affects pressure. The NFL spent millions on the junk science in the Wells report and a 7th grader's science project debunked it.

There is no point in discussing this with you as your mind is already made up as demonstrated by your horseshit comment. I know there is nothing I or anyone else can tell you to change your mind so just do some research on your own.
What horseshit comment?

Was only like 45 degrees in Foxborough that day of the AFC Championship, not enough to deflate the balls by that much (unless they were heated in a room of about 90 degrees, which I don't even know if that would have done it).

Also, why didn't Indy's balls deflate like New England's if that were the case?

Go to college or back to high school even to learn about physics and just common sense because I'd love for you to offer anything to counter those two points.
(05-27-2016, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the organization all but admitted they tampered with the balls when they accepted their penalty. I think the only question was if Brady was aware they this was done.

Wasn't there videos of him picking them up and feeling them (maybe even throwing them) directly before they took them back to deflate them?  He wouldn't notice a difference when the game started?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 04:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What horseshit comment?

Was only like 45 degrees in Foxborough that day of the AFC Championship, not enough to deflate the balls by that much (unless they were heated in a room of about 90 degrees, which I don't even know if that would have done it).

Also, why didn't Indy's balls deflate like New England's if that were the case?

Go to college or back to high school even to learn about physics and just common sense because I'd love for you to offer anything to counter those two points.

Wasn't there videos of him picking them up and feeling them (maybe even throwing them) directly before they took them back to deflate them?  He wouldn't notice a difference when the game started?

This horse shit comment . . .

(05-26-2016, 08:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And the only defense I've heard is that maybe the weather caused the balls to deflate (which is horse shit).

Not that it matters, but I already had a year's worth of calc based physics in college.  Just read the Wells report for yourself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/10/pressure-gauge-discrepancies-undermine-wells-report/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/10/wells-report-disregards-andersons-best-recollection-on-a-key-piece-of-evidence/

Reply/Quote
You need to remember that the small panel of the court that reinstated the suspension specifically did not say the suspension had merit - all they said was Gooddell had the authority under the CBA to impose it. The union, Brady and the club are seeking an en band appeal on the basis that since the suspension was both without merit and way outside the normal punishment for an equipment violation (which they also dispute even occurred) that it does violate the CBA.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 07:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: You need to remember that the small panel of the court that reinstated the suspension specifically did not say the suspension had merit - all they said was Gooddell had the authority under the CBA to impose it. The union, Brady and the club are seeking an en band appeal on the basis that since the suspension was both without merit and way outside the normal punishment for an equipment violation (which they also dispute even occurred) that it does violate the CBA.

Yep. Goodell can't afford to lose another appeal. If the commissioner is allegedly protecting the integrity of the game then why didn't the commissioner take proactive steps to prevent this situation after the league was notified of these allegations by other teams beforehand. I think there was a loss of institutional control and lack of leadership on Goodell's part. He played a part in this as well. I think the Patriots were up to something, but the Wells report is bogus.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 04:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Go to college or back to high school even to learn about physics and just common sense because I'd love for you to offer anything to counter those two points.

You just got pie in the face...
Reply/Quote
The Colts' balls were lacking pressure, too.

But **** facts and fact checking.

Brad logic.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 04:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It is basic science that temperature affects pressure. The NFL spent millions on the junk science in the Wells report and a 7th grader's science project debunked it.

This. x1000000
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This fiasco has long since stopped being about any wrongdoing by the Patriots and become about confirming Goodell's power as commissioner.

It's becoming bad for the NFL in general, and needs to be done with. If Goodell had handed down a reasonable punishment instead of trying to "redeem" himself for botching spygate, this would be been done with already.
Reply/Quote