Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady signing
Report that Tom Brady is signing with the Tampa Bay buccaneers tomorrow.Per Fox Sports Radio.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 06:56 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Report that Tom Brady is signing with the Tampa Bay buccaneers tomorrow.Per Fox Sports Radio.

Come on New England. Let's trade Dalton for a 3rd round pick.
Reply/Quote
This will probably end up being moved, but before it does, I'll say why the hell does TB want Brady? What is their end game here? They are not magically gonna become a SB contender by signing a guy who is fading fast. He was a shell of his former self last year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on New England. Let's trade Dalton for a 3rd round pick.

I can't help feeling NE would prefer Cam.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: I can't help feeling NE would prefer Cam.

Chargers now in running for Cam and AD too

Then there is Winston????
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Chargers now in running for Cam and AD too

Then there is Winston????

It'll definitely be interesting to see it all unfold.  It is worth mentioning that we do have a trading history with NE.  I think do Dalton is a guy they could work with.  

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: I can't help feeling NE would prefer Cam.

Too many physical ailments and now it's very hard for these teams to get in front of him to get the medicals and watch him throw a football. I think Cam will be stuck this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:19 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Too many physical ailments and now it's very hard for these teams to get in front of him to get the medicals and watch him throw a football. I think Cam will be stuck this year.

That is a distinct possibility.  But it does seem like doctors are people you could safely visit and then the results can be sent digitally.  And zillionaires can probably get house calls.  And, he could have gotten medical confirmation before all this hit.  It seems to me like the new regime in Carolina is intent on turning the page, for better or worse.

Reply/Quote
Belicheck is not known for tolerating locker room cancers - and Cam and his childish attitudes are right up there at the top of the list of NFL man babies.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Belicheck is not known for tolerating locker room cancers - and Cam and his childish attitudes are right up there at the top of the list of NFL man babies.
you mean Bill, the guy who signed Antonio Brown? People act differently when they go play for Bill.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:28 PM)McC Wrote: you mean Bill, the guy who signed Antonio Brown?  People act differently when they go play for Bill.

He also got rid of Antonio Brown. He has a low tolerance level for the kind of crap Scam pulls; and especially for ones who impact locker room attitudes. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:09 PM)McC Wrote: This will probably end up being moved, but before it does, I'll say why the hell does TB want Brady?  What is their end game here?  They are not magically gonna become a SB contender by signing a guy who is fading fast.  He was a shell of his former self last year.

I dunno. They have some elite receiving options in Evans and Godwin, plus they have Howard at TE.
They were 15th in yardage allowed for defense, so with (much) fewer turnovers from their offense, they'd probably allow a lot fewer points too.
They also were 7-9 last year, so Brady might be able to get them to the playoffs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: He also got rid of Antonio Brown. He has a low tolerance level for the kind of crap Scam pulls; and especially for ones who impact locker room attitudes. 

They cut AB because of legal issues.  Locker room had nothing to do with it.  

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno. They have some elite receiving options in Evans and Godwin, plus they have Howard at TE.
They were 15th in yardage allowed for defense, so with (much) fewer turnovers from their offense, they'd probably allow a lot fewer points too.
They also were 7-9 last year, so Brady might be able to get them to the playoffs.

I can see playoffs.  But SB?  How's he gonna run the Ariens chuck it downfield offense?  And his play is going downhill yearly.  I just don't see the point.  TB's been "gonna be good" for years now and never manage to pull it off.  Pay noodle arm top QB dollar?  Sounds like a recipe to stay right where you are. 

If I was a Buc fan, I'd be pissed.  

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:47 PM)McC Wrote: I can see playoffs.  But SB?  How's he gonna run the Ariens chuck it downfield offense?  And his play is going downhill yearly.  I just don't see the point.  TB's been "gonna be good" for years now and never manage to pull it off.  Pay noodle arm top QB dollar?  Sounds like a recipe to stay right where you are. 

If I was a Buc fan, I'd be pissed.  

People said the same thing about Peyton Manning when he went to Denver and they did pretty well. Given Brady's outstanding success both in the regular season and postseason, I think it makes sense to go for it while drafting a guy who needs a year or two to groom.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hey, ESPN. I'll bet you can't talk about Tom Brady for 14 straight hours.

Oh, yeah? Watch this.

Also, does Orlovsky live in a huge metal bucket?

On the bright side, they haven't mentioned the Cowboys in hours.

Reply/Quote
I figured Tom Brady would end up on a Florida team. That’s where all the senior citizens live.
Reply/Quote
Brady simply wants to win an NFC Championship trophy.... It might be the only one he doesn't have.
Reply/Quote
Montana was Brady's idol...

I think that the Bucs make the playoffs (NFCS is kinda up in the air) but superbowl is a long shot.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Come on New England. Let's trade Dalton for a 3rd round pick.

That would be sweet but I'd even settle for a 4th. However I'd guess most teams are gonna just wait Bengals out knowing most likely he will be cut ?
Reply/Quote