Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tom Brady tried to call Cappa and convince him to stay but was too late
[Image: 1OraFzM.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Bucs are $3 mil over the cap currently and have many other FA’s. They can’t afford to keep them all even with restructures/etc. they got their important guy on the o line. There is a reason Brady called Jensen first. If you’re going to have a weak spot on the line G is the spot most would choose. I’d say the risk of him backing out is a low to 0.
Reply/Quote
Let's poach Carlton Davis and Gronk while we're at it. Really turn that milk to piss in Brady's Wheaties
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Hey brother how do you get the Tweet to show up like this?  I can only post a link.  Thanks in advance.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, this whole "tampering period" thing is so weird to me. You'd think they wouldn't announce any of these contracts until Wednesday at 4pm. That's when they're actually official. Right now it's just a verbal agreement.

Years ago, wasn't Warren Sapp signed and then backed out?

Then I also remember somebody announcing on Twitter that he was a Bengal, then he backed out and signed elsewhere at the last second. Maybe a safety? It was a huge deal at the time, and we all hated the dude for it.

Edit: The safety was Donte Whitner (nod to XenoMorph)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hey brother how do you get the Tweet to show up like this?  I can only post a link.  Thanks in advance.

1) Click on the ... on the original tweet.
2) Click Embed Tweet.
3) A new window pops open, click Copy Code
4) Paste the code into a forum post.
5) Delete this part of the code for a clean embedded tweet: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You're now in the big leagues of posting other people's tweets.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 1) Click on the ... on the original tweet.
2) Click Embed Tweet.
3) A new window pops open, click Copy Code
4) Paste the code into a forum post.
5) Delete this part of the code for a clean embedded tweet: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You're now in the big leagues of posting other people's tweets.

Many thanks brother.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I do have one small worry now however. If the goat of crying can convince the Bucs management to file a grievance for tampering, what would the possible consequences be for the Bengals?

Not that I care about losing a draft pick if it means upgrading the line. Hell, I'd have giving up pick 31 this year or last years top pick to get this line straight finally.

Naw, they could've re-signed him at any point before noon today and couldn't get it done. That's their fault. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Many thanks brother.

No worries. I'm not an expert so perhaps there is an easier way to go about it. I know those steps do work. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady’s a **** knocker
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: No worries. I'm not an expert so perhaps there is an easier way to go about it. I know those steps do work. ThumbsUp

Those are the same steps I use.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Those are the same steps I use.

and you're a Bengals Board HoF. All is right in the posting world.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
[Image: eda40134b17f5b3dfe0ac744f6cb2124.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: [Image: eda40134b17f5b3dfe0ac744f6cb2124.jpg]

I mean...it still could be his final TD ball. He just can't throw for another one... Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: Dumb question here, maybe. But isn't it "too late" only after the player actual signs on Wednesday?

You are 100% correct nothing is offical till the ink is on paper and that cannot happen yet
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: [Image: eda40134b17f5b3dfe0ac744f6cb2124.jpg]

I'm sorry, but what a buffoon.

These players waffle on retirement all the time. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for a football, but if I did, I'd wait at least 5 years after the "retirement".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The only example I can think of where a deal was announced and then it didn't happen was Darqueze Dennard 2 years ago.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/3/26/21196188/jacksonville-jaguars-and-former-cincinnati-bengals-cb-darqueze-dennard-fail-to-finalize-contract

But I wouldn't be surprised if it happens more often and we just don't always hear about it.

Donte Whitner pulled out of an agreed upon deal with the Bengals, iirc.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: Donte Whitner pulled out of an agreed upon deal with the Bengals, iirc.

Was that the before or after the infamous Hitner (Hitler ) nonsense?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Years ago, wasn't Warren Sapp signed and then backed out?

Then I also remember somebody announcing on Twitter that he was a Bengal, then he backed out and signed elsewhere at the last second. Maybe a safety? It was a huge deal at the time, and we all hated the dude for it.

Edit: The safety was Donte Whitner (nod to XenoMorph)

Donte Whitner, 2011(?)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 05:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Those are the same steps I use.

Ditto

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote