Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom MacDonald
Stumbled across this on YouTube yesterday. I’m not really into rap, but I found the amount of pov’s he could put into a single song pretty amazing. I’ve watched a few videos after the first one and a few where other people rated the videos. It was pretty cool. This is not really a political post as much as it is appreciation for the artist, but because of the content I really couldn’t share in any other forum.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 07:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Stumbled across this on YouTube yesterday. I’m not really into rap, but I found the amount of pov’s he could put into a single song pretty amazing. I’ve watched a few videos after the first one and a few where other people rated the videos. It was pretty cool. This is not really a political post as much as it is appreciation for the artist, but because of the content I really couldn’t share in any other forum.

Wonder whom he means by "the government"?

The people we elect?
Reply/Quote
???
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 12:18 AM)Dill Wrote: Wonder whom he means by "the government"?

The people we elect?

Elect is a fantasy when you have to choose the lesser of two evils. But in a country that’s as divided as ours, I truly believe there is a goal between the government and the media to keep us divided, even if they must use lies and misleading info to do so. 

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 03:22 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ???

It reads like what an AI would piece together after browsing qanon for a day LOL

And maybe if he doesn't like it he should just go back to where he came from Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Elect is a fantasy when you have to choose the lesser of two evils. But in a country that’s as divided as ours, I truly believe there is a goal between the government and the media to keep us divided, even if they must use lies and misleading info to do so. 

Democracy is always going to be a choice between the lesser of two evils. The last two elections one has been very much less than the other, not that hard.

But my question concerns the reference to "government" as somehow a player separate from parties and the people who elect their candidates.

Government is only a tool, and it clouds analysis to speak as if some separate but unitary, monolithic entities called "the government" and "the media" are playing us all and keeping us divided. 

Whatever you take as evidence of "division" can surely be traced back to individual candidates, parties, and media commentators. 

E.g., it isn't "the government" that warns us constantly that Critical Race Theory is taking over schools, or that the election was stolen from Trump. That is the kind of thing I see as "divisive."   Also only one sector of the media supports that, so there is no "the media," but many different media voices speaking. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Elect is a fantasy when you have to choose the lesser of two evils. But in a country that’s as divided as ours, I truly believe there is a goal between the government and the media to keep us divided, even if they must use lies and misleading info to do so. 

For someone who thinks there is a nefarious end-game to promoting dissention between citizens with differing ideologies you sure do post a lot of "Biden is a senile evil criminal" memes.  If there is a plan to divide people you've made it sort of clear you are on board.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For someone who thinks there is a nefarious end-game to promoting dissention between citizens with differing ideologies you sure do post a lot of "Biden is a senile evil criminal" memes.  If there is a plan to divide people you've made it sort of clear you are on board.

Nah, it's only brainwashing when it's the OTHER people. LOL
Reply/Quote
He's one of the whackest MCs I've ever seen. If it weren't for his talking points, nobody would be eating his sorry rhymes up. Oh... And his wife writes those... And he's Canadian.

Straight trash.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yes I'm sure it's just appreciation for the artist. The fact that he shares a lot of your ideas probably has nothing to do with your appreciation for him.

Also, that shit is garbage. Admittedly, I'm biased when it comes to rap - most of it that isn't Tupac, Eminem, Dr. Dre, old Snoop, and Notorious B.I.G. is garbage to me.
Reply/Quote
MAGA rap is the new Christian rock, except these guys get to keep doing drugs and banging hookers.
Reply/Quote
A Canadian rapping pro wrestler? Pfft! I'll stick with the Hulk Hogan Wrestling Boot Band, thank you.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yes I'm sure it's just appreciation for the artist. The fact that he shares a lot of your ideas probably has nothing to do with your appreciation for him.

Also, that shit is garbage. Admittedly, I'm biased when it comes to rap - most of it that isn't Tupac, Eminem, Dr. Dre, old Snoop, and Notorious B.I.G. is garbage to me.

Im pretty biased too. I liked some of the old stuff. This fast talking rap, which has seemed to take off for some reason, is not appealing. I was however impressed with how he was able to throw so many view points into one song. Seriously, that was all. I don’t share all his opinions because I’m pretty busy with my own. If he agrees with me on some things that’s coincidental.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This fast talking rap, which has seemed to take off for some reason, is not appealing..

Hellllll yes brother. Damn bone thugs was busy teletyping it.

Play on playboi
Reply/Quote
Is Subterranean Homesick Blues the first rap song?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 08:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Subterranean Homesick Blues the first rap song?

I think your on to something there.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think your on to something there.

You could say Dylan is overrated, but the statement "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" has been my mantra for life. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You could say Dylan is overrated, but the statement "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" has been my mantra for life. 

I've always liked Dylan. 

Reply/Quote
Tom MacDonald is the biggest cringelord on youtube.
Reply/Quote