Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Obarski
Does he have a chance making the team?  I think there is something about him I really like..  I think he is a solid kicker...  Any Chance? 
Reply/Quote
No.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 10:03 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Does he have a chance making the team?  I think there is something about him I really like..  I think he is a solid kicker...  Any Chance? 

I wish, but if the past is any indication they will hang on to Nugent and Obarski will be picked up by another team.  Soon after that, we'll be watching highlights of an Obarski 60 yard FG. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 10:14 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wish, but if the past is any indication they will hang on to Nugent and Obarski will be picked up by another team.  Soon after that, we'll be watching highlights of an Obarski 60 yard FG. 

^This.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 10:14 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wish, but if the past is any indication they will hang on to Nugent and Obarski will be picked up by another team.  Soon after that, we'll be watching highlights of an Obarski 60 yard FG. 

I really like him he seems to be solid...  not sure what happen on the 27 yarder but Nugent is getting some age on him.. and I really like this guy..  seems like he just fits into the system...  Not saying get rid of Nugent.. just wish we could keep... him... 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 10:19 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I really like him he seems to be solid...  not sure what happen on the 27 yarder but Nugent is getting some age on him.. and I really like this guy..  seems like he just fits into the system...  Not saying get rid of Nugent.. just wish we could keep... him... 

What exactly do you like about him? Numbers weren't very good in college. Missed a ton of kicks. Wasn't surprised at all when he missed a chip shot.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 10:31 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: What exactly do you like about him? Numbers weren't very good in college. Missed a ton of kicks. Wasn't surprised at all when he missed a chip shot.

Mirror image of Nugent.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 10:31 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: What exactly do you like about him? Numbers weren't very good in college. Missed a ton of kicks. Wasn't surprised at all when he missed a chip shot.

I really don't think it is much of his football cause I don't know him all that well but he seems like a solid person...  and I think he seems to fit in with us really well...   but I am not a coach or anything you know I just think he looks like a good person and did good!!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 08:13 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I really don't think it is much of his football cause I don't know him all that well but he seems like a solid person...  and I think he seems to fit in with us really well...   but I am not a coach or anything you know I just think he looks like a good person and did good!!

He sure didn't do himself any favors hitting that clanger early in the 3rd. Until then he was having a solid game, with two XPs, a FG and three kicks that were deep into the endzone. Given what we saw from Quinn last year and Mike's iron-clad loyalty retaining Nugent, I'm guessing Obarski needed to be perfect.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Stash Obarski on the PS for when Nugent invariably gets injured.
Reply/Quote
I was actually impressed with Obarski and remember thinking that it would be nice to have some fresh blood and reliability (aside from the missed chip-shot).

He looked cool and calm but he also kind of looked like he was about to shit his pants because he was so nervous. It was a fine line.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 10:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was actually impressed with Obarski and remember thinking that it would be nice to have some fresh blood and reliability (aside from the missed chip-shot).

He looked cool and calm but he also kind of looked like he was about to shit his pants because he was so nervous.  It was a fine line.

His junior year, he was something like 0-9 from 40-49 yards. Is that your idea of reliable?
Reply/Quote