Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climate group raises money to carve Trump's face into glacier
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/385633-climate-group-raising-money-to-carve-trumps-face-into-glacier

Cause he wouldn’t just love this lol.

Quote:Climate group raises money to carve Trump's face into glacier
By Aris FolleyMay 01, 2018 - 10:44 AM EDT
Climate group raises money to carve Trump's face into glacier
Project Trumpmore
A Finnish climate group is raising $500,000 to carve President Trump's face into an arctic iceberg.

In an attempt to prove global warming exists, a Finnish group called Melting Ice wants to carve a 115-foot ice sculpture of Trump's face into a glacier for an effort they call "Project Trumpmore."

"Global warming is one of the most important issues and topics of today. There are still people who ponder whether it's a real issue," Nicolas Prieto, the chairman of the Melting Ice, is quoted saying on the association's website. "We want to build the monument for all of us, so we can see how long the sculpture lasts before melting. Often people only believe something when they see it with their own eyes."

Trump has denied climate change is real in the past, saying without evidence that it was "created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing noncompetitive."

Last December, the president also tweeted during a period of cold weather that "perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming."

At a rally in Ohio last year, Trump talked about the possibility of being added to Mount Rushmore.

If the organization is successful in commissioning the project, they will install a camera at the site to livestream the sculpture as it melts.
Chance it doesn't get vandalized almost instantly even if it does somehow get made: 0%

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(05-02-2018, 11:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:
Quote:In an attempt to prove global warming exists, a Finnish group called Melting Ice wants to carve a 115-foot ice sculpture of Trump's face into a glacier for an effort they call "Project Trumpmore."

Yes, because the way to prove something exists is to carve a face into ice.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-02-2018, 04:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, because the way to prove something exists is to carve a face into ice.  Whatever

Yeah, for the record, I guess they want Trump and others to see how quickly his face melts. I'm not saying this is a great idea, but there is an idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-02-2018, 05:02 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, for the record, I guess they want Trump and others to see how quickly his face melts. I'm not saying this is a great idea, but there is an idea.

Excellent way to use resources lol
Morons. How long have we had faces carved in Mt Rushmore, and they haven't melted.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]