Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomlin Getting His Team Fired Up
(12-12-2017, 11:28 AM)BMK Wrote: Everyone seems to (conveniently) forget the Steelers also had a TD called back on a call more phantom than ours (according to the announcers). So AJ's TD call did not win the game for them. 

If you're referring to the kickoff return - you are completely wrong... THAT hold was pretty obvious, and I don't remember the announcers calling it "phantom."
Reply/Quote
Steelers get the calls... in Pitt AND in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:14 PM)Tomkat Wrote: If you're referring to the kickoff return - you are completely wrong... THAT hold was pretty obvious, and I don't remember the announcers calling it "phantom."

Of course it was and of course you don't.

Just watch a replay of the game.  I have.  Announcers didn't use the word "phantom" of course, but called it "ticky-tac" or something similar, signifying a bad call. 

The other thing that doesn't seem to matter is that on AJ's TD, the flag was thrown before AD ever threw the ball. To insinuate that the call was made to nullify the TD is ludicrous. 

The only reason why I even bring it up is because for some (many) around here, the only reason we regularly lose to the steelers is because the refs cheat in their favor. It's getting old. Using that logic we should be 14-2.  Yet somehow we went 7-9.  The refs obviously cheat for those other teams too. Damn refs.
Reply/Quote