Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomlin pokes the bear
Already complaining about officiating in the game in Atlanta when Steelers went for Ryans legs(tho Ben got a incidental tap and got a academy award roughing the passer penalty)…. Saying( should have kept his head on a swivel) Shazier was injured by the Bengals when he hurt himself by trying to cheap shot a receiver. He knows he will need help from refs to beat the Bengals so he started lobbying early this week. He usually waits til the whistle blows to get the game called for his team.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:23 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Already complaining about officiating in the game in Atlanta when Steelers went for Ryans legs(tho Ben got a incidental tap and got a academy award roughing the passer penalty)….                                                                                                                                Saying( should have kept his head on a swivel)  Shazier was injured by the Bengals when he hurt himself by trying to cheap shot a receiver. He knows he will need help from refs to beat the Bengals so he started lobbying early this week. He usually waits til the whistle blows to get the game called for his team.

The more I hear from him, the more I agree wholeheartedly with Terry Bradshaw.  He's not a great coach, maybe a good cheerleader.

Hope the Bengals stick it to them, but with preferential treatment, and after the beat down of Atlanta, I see him coming to Cincy and leaving like a hero! 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:23 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Already complaining about officiating in the game in Atlanta when Steelers went for Ryans legs(tho Ben got a incidental tap and got a academy award roughing the passer penalty)…. Saying( should have kept his head on a swivel) Shazier was injured by the Bengals when he hurt himself by trying to cheap shot a receiver. He knows he will need help from refs to beat the Bengals so he started lobbying early this week. He usually waits til the whistle blows to get the game called for his team.

Can you put a link or quote? I’m not a fan of Tomlin.... at all. but I find it hard to believe he is putting Shaziers injury on the bengals. I found a few recent articles and none of them said anything close to that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t think he’s claiming Tomlin said that. I think he trying to use it as context to refute what tolimin said but he didn’t really phrase it clearly. Nore does it even make sence as they were very different circumstances so I’m not sure why he even mentioned it.

Anyways back to the point. I don’t think this is helpful to Pittsburgh. If you want to insult me or my colleagues I’m not likely to suddenly take your side. Pittsburgh is the most penalized team in the nfl this year so they definitely aren’t getting preferential treatment no matter what anyone would like to believe. And calling out the refs is probably not going to change that. If anything else they might be even harder on them.

Anyway that’s how I see it. I think this play better for us. Now if burfict can be smart and not go headhunting. Let them come to us and make the first stupid move cause the refs already know when these teams get together things get nasty.
Reply/Quote
If there ever was a reason to play their cleanest game possible, this one is it. Letting frustration lead to any sort of retaliation is what the officials feed on imo. That's the only control the team has in keeping flags from determining the outcome. We want a win, not bragging rights to who kicked who's ass. Marvin would do well to emphasize this.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Matt Ryan flopped like when Bugs Bunny falls down when he plays dead.

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Matt Ryan flopped like when Bugs Bunny falls down when he plays dead.

.....guess he was watching film on Pig Pen......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

[Image: stop-poking.jpg]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:22 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: If there ever was a reason to play their cleanest game possible, this one is it. Letting frustration lead to any sort of retaliation is what the officials feed on imo. That's the only control the team has in keeping flags from determining the outcome. We want a win, not bragging rights to who kicked who's ass. Marvin would do well to emphasize this.

This is very important. We got to stay cool. Even if they're laying cheap shots. We gotta walk away with the support of the NFL that this team has changed and let the dark cloud finally hang over Pittsburgh. In the past, we have always won (imo) the smash mouth contest while they walked away with the victory. Let's change the narrative.

Reply/Quote