Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Tonight was the funeral for the season
It's fitting the Ravens wore black. What a disaster...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:04 AM)Trademark Wrote: It's fitting the Ravens wore black. What a disaster...

Yeah I expected us to lose myself but I really thought the rest of the season was favorable. Losing Burrow hurts and now flashing forward to the draft/off-season makes me worry about next year as well. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:07 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I expected us to lose myself but I really thought the rest of the season was favorable. Losing Burrow hurts and now flashing forward to the draft/off-season makes me worry about next year as well. 

While I expect bad news (Anything less than immediate return is probably season ending for playoff chances) I will wait and see what the doctors say before getting to down in the dumps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:10 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: While I expect bad news (Anything less than immediate return is probably season ending for playoff chances) I will wait and see what the doctors say before getting to down in the dumps.

I should do the same. Nothing we can do but wait. It just sucks like I said I really expected us to lose. I knew  it would still be a long 10 days waiting for the next game if we lost but now we get an even longer feeling 10 days. Unless he's IRd but I really don't want that to be my positive. Hopefully positive news.
Reply/Quote
It looks bleak for sure, but we're still breathing. Just focus our attention on a wildcard. This is just not our season I reckon. Just hope Burrow can play. This team lives and dies with number 9 starting.
Reply/Quote
I'm here to pay my respects.

We had such high hopes for it, which all just came crashing down. It died suddenly and quietly, like a baby bird.

And yet this quiet death gave us something. It gave us the opportunity to immediately begin training the next seasons fledglings to FLY.

We love you 2023/24! You didn't die in vain!
Reply/Quote
What's the worst thing that can happen? They lose the rest of the games and pick towards the top of the draft and reload.. It sucks, but we've been through worse by far as Bengals fans.. and who knows? Maybe Burrow will make it through the entire off season without some body part turning to mush.. Yeah..I'm not too confident in that happening either.. He'll probably swallow an entire potato chip, get a scratch in his throat, it'll get infected and he won't be able to call plays at the line of scrimmage for 3 or 4 games.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:34 AM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: I'm here to pay my respects.

We had such high hopes for it, which all just came crashing down. It died suddenly and quietly, like a baby bird.

And yet this quiet death gave us something. It gave us the opportunity to immediately begin training the next seasons fledglings to FLY.

We love you 2023/24! You didn't die in vain!

This board is stupid as ****. They barely had a pulse with Burrow. If you even have thoughts of them possibly winning one or two more games with Browning, you need to be examined. The rebuild just started. And with our fairly incompetent coaching and very questionable drafting as of late - that should scare all of us. Not to mention Burrow gets hurt if you look at him the wrong way.
Reply/Quote
These past couple years I’ve been more intense watch games and I think it’s because I knew we always had a chance. Once burrow went down, that intensity went away. I think some players and coaches are about to get real exposed here without Burrow. We’ve been told by other FA bases that Burrow has been carried by his team. We will be likely testing that theory for a few weeks at least.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:38 AM)bmack086 Wrote: This board is stupid as ****. They barely had a pulse with Burrow. If you even have thoughts of them possibly winning one or two more games with Browning, you need to be examined. The rebuild just started. And with our fairly incompetent coaching and very questionable drafting as of late - that should scare all of us. Not to mention Burrow gets hurt if you look at him the wrong way.

Lighten up Francis....

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Reply/Quote
12-5 will get you into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:38 AM)bmack086 Wrote: This board is stupid as ****. They barely had a pulse with Burrow. If you even have thoughts of them possibly winning one or two more games with Browning, you need to be examined. The rebuild just started. And with our fairly incompetent coaching and very questionable drafting as of late - that should scare all of us. Not to mention Burrow gets hurt if you look at him the wrong way.

Your post is stupid as.... what you said.  I think they can win with Browning as long as Tee is back.  Can being the important word in that sentence.  

They barely had a pulse with Burrow, but went ahead with the touchdown when his wrist gave way.  Sure.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have not been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs so there is still hope. A tough road to follow the next 2 months. Let's hope Burrow is ok and can return against the Steelers.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:07 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Your post is stupid as.... what you said.  I think they can win with Browning as long as Tee is back.  Can being the important word in that sentence.  

They barely had a pulse with Burrow, but went ahead with the touchdown when his wrist gave way.  Sure.

If you actually think they have a shot at the playoffs with Browning, you’re either 8 years old or a moron. They were struggling to score with “an elite QB”. You think with a top 50? QB they’re going to win, with a bottom tier Defense? Stop being such a loser unrealistic fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:16 AM)bmack086 Wrote: If you actually think they have a shot at the playoffs with Browning, you’re either 8 years old or a moron. They were struggling to score with “an elite QB”. You think with a top 50? QB they’re going to win, with a bottom tier Defense? Stop being such a loser unrealistic fan.

You might be correct about football but your nonstop attacks will have you banned if you keep it up.  How about you try to communicate like an adult and not an emotional adolescent? 

Reply/Quote
There’s no reason to watch the games moving forward. Joe finding ways to hurt himself is the 2023 bengals in a nutshell
Reply/Quote
Yeah I agree. On paper there’s a small chance of getting to 10 wins, but not without burrow.
We needed a win against the Texans or ravens. Lost both.

Burrow hurt, doesn’t look good.
I had a feeling when burrow got hurt in preseason this wasn’t the year.
Prior to that I was pumped for the season.

On the bright side the young secondary is getting a lot of valuable snaps and has a great opportunity to develop going into next year.
Focus on getting healthy, learning from mistakes, and improving.

Coaches and management need to learn from their mistakes this year.
Losing is humbling and forces you to look inwards and improve.
This season is a great opportunity to do so and come back better.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:06 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 12-5 will get you into the playoffs.

5-12 however, won’t.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:34 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It looks bleak for sure, but we're still breathing. Just focus our attention on a wildcard. This is just not our season I reckon. Just hope Burrow can play. This team lives and dies with number 9 starting.

This makes sense — and I think the Bengals can absorb two more losses and still make the playoffs as a number seven seed. 10-7 usually makes it and the key is going 3-0 in the division from here on out.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: What's the worst thing that can happen? They lose the rest of the games and pick towards the top of the draft and reload.. It sucks, but we've been through worse by far as Bengals fans.. and who knows? Maybe Burrow will make it through the entire off season without some body part turning to mush.. Yeah..I'm not too confident in that happening either.. He'll probably swallow an entire potato chip, get a scratch in his throat, it'll get infected and he won't be able to call plays at the line of scrimmage for 3 or 4 games.. 

The worst? Career-ending injury. Since after the Super Bowl appearance, it's been all downhill from there. Burrow injured from game 1 should have been benched. I would take the 3 straight losses in order to have a healthy Burrow for the rest of the season. It felt like a shift in the timeline when we were robbed of a win from that Bills (Hamlin) non-game result and ever since nothing has been in sync. It's a very ill feeling the direction this team is headed.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote