Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Lippett Claimed Off Waivers
As long as this isn't replacing someone injured I actually really like this as a depth signing.

Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_ofmnpyD3e61tvyli9o2_400.gif]
Reply/Quote
Getting pretty crowded in the CB room.

Jackson
Kirkpatrick
Dennard
Webb
Phillips
Russell
McRae
Harris

I’d be fine with Lippett bumping McRae or Russell.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Getting pretty crowded in the CB room.

Jackson
Kirkpatrick
Dennard
Webb
Phillips
Russell
McRae
Harris

I think he adds something as outside depth for sure. He had a real solid 2016 then tore his Achilies in 2017 and was cut while coming back from it last season.
Reply/Quote
Hope this has nothing to do with dennard sidelined... Tippet aint a bad player tho. Comes from that no fly zone at michigan state
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think he adds something as outside depth for sure. He had a real solid 2016 then tore his Achilies in 2017 and was cut while coming back from it last season.

I think he and Dennard played at MSU at the same time, so that might be a helpful connection for him here, besides the history with our DC.

Probably a typo by Rapport, but he was a 5th round pick, not 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:52 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hope this has nothing to do with dennard sidelined... Tippet aint a bad player tho.  Comes from that no fly zone at michigan state

He actually played WR at Michigan State...Maybe we are converting him back, a new age two way player.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Getting pretty crowded in the CB room.

Jackson
Kirkpatrick
Dennard
Webb
Phillips
Russell
McRae
Harris

If the early indications are true, and they are running a lot of 4-2-5, they'll likely keep an extra DB or two, and likely one fewer LB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 04:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the early indications are true, and they are running a lot of 4-2-5, they'll likely keep an extra DB or two, and likely one fewer LB.

I wouldn't be surprised. Most teams have their nickel corner listed as a starter when the announcers are listing the starters early in the first quarter.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ofmnpyD3e61tvyli9o2_400.gif]
It's Limpet.  Still a pretty good reference but it probably takes a sixty year old to get it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ofmnpyD3e61tvyli9o2_400.gif]

Lippett not Limpet, lol
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Not a huge fan of adding to one of the deepest positions on the roster at the expense of cutting from one of the most shallow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 05:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not a huge fan of adding to one of the deepest positions on the roster at the expense of cutting from one of the most shallow.

Apparently, at the moment, the CB's have a lot of guys still rehabbing or currently banged up.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: As long as this isn't replacing someone injured I actually really like this as a depth signing.

Pretty sure Lippett wasn't drafted in the second round. But he and DD were members of the No Fly Zone at MSU
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 05:23 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not a huge fan of adding to one of the deepest positions on the roster at the expense of cutting from one of the most shallow.

I get what you're saying, but if they really are planning on only going with 2 or less LBs on the field most of the time I'm okay with it.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 06:37 PM)McC Wrote: Apparently, at the moment, the CB's have a lot of guys still rehabbing or currently banged up.

I'll never understand how this team can always be banged up. Even after the off-season, we have guys "banged-up" it really defies logic.

(07-30-2019, 06:45 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I get what you're saying, but if they really are planning on only going with 2 or less LBs on the field most of the time I'm okay with it.

If they go with only 2 LBers most of the time, then yes it does make sense. However, if we go with only two LB'ers most of the time, I have a bad feeling teams will just run the ball down our throats.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 07:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'll never understand how this team can always be banged up. Even after the off-season, we have guys "banged-up" it really defies logic.

If they go with only 2 LBers most of the time, then yes it does make sense. However, if we go with only two LB'ers most of the time, I have a bad feeling teams will just run the ball down our throats.

Our LB's gave up some 1800+ yards passing last year. That was MUCH higher than the next worst team.

I think the Bengals had more holes than they could fill in one offseason, so they're going to put their best guys out there. IF that creates a mismatch, so be it. We will have a lot of speed.

I'm thinking for them to add a DB that it means that someone is hurt worse than expected.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: It's Limpet.  Still a pretty good reference but it probably takes a sixty year old to get it.

HEY! I got it right away and I’m only 52. Easy with your insinuations there Whippersnapper.

Reply/Quote
Not sold on the keeping less lb's hypothesis posed in the thread. We need lb's for special teams if anything.

So maybe 7 cb's, 3 safety's?

If the 7th cb is better than the 4th safety I can see it possible (if we are primarily a 4-2-5 D). Wilson is a beast on teams, but there is no clear 4th safety to worry about replacing.

I don't think it's Lippett, but keep an eye on Brown. Have heard good things about him pre draft and through camp (mini/ota's)

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: As long as this isn't replacing someone injured I actually really like this as a depth signing.

Not a fan of this move. It's not that I dislike Lippet, it's that they're taking away from a position of "need", to add to a position that is/was already pretty solid.  Meh.... we'll see? 
Reply/Quote