Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Lippett Claimed Off Waivers
(07-30-2019, 09:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sold on the keeping less lb's hypothesis posed in the thread. We need lb's for special teams if anything.

So maybe 7 cb's, 3 safety's?

If the 7th cb is better than the 4th safety I can see it possible (if we are primarily a 4-2-5 D). Wilson is a beast on teams, but there is no clear 4th safety to worry about replacing.

I don't think it's Lippett, but keep an eye on Brown. Have heard good things about him pre draft and through camp (mini/ota's)

If a guy isn't good enough, even if he's a LB, what's the point in keeping him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 10:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Not a fan of this move. It's not that I dislike Lippet, it's that they're taking away from a position of "need", to add to a position that is/was already pretty solid.  Meh.... we'll see? 

If the guy wasn't good enough to make the 90 man roster he wasn't good enough to help this team. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: tumblr_ofmnpyD3e61tvyli9o2_400.gif]

(07-30-2019, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: It's Limpet.  Still a pretty good reference but it probably takes a sixty year old to get it.

(07-30-2019, 05:01 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Lippett not Limpet, lol

Gotta read a bit, but this was the first thing that came to mind:

https://www.vox.com/2014/8/19/6030981/lfos-summer-girls-annotated
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: It's Limpet.  Still a pretty good reference but it probably takes a sixty year old to get it.

das ist limpet
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 08:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: HEY! I got it right away and I’m only 52. Easy with your insinuations there Whippersnapper.

I'm 43 and I got it too.
Reply/Quote
Starting to feel as though the main requirement for being a part of this defense is playing a game of Six Degrees of Lou Anarumo.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 02:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Starting to feel as though the main requirement for being a part of this defense is playing a game of Six Degrees of Lou Anarumo.

Yeah, both of the defensive players who've played under him before are really taking over the defense.
Reply/Quote
Great job getting folks off waivers during training camp. How about getting guys that can make an impact when free agency starts?!?! 5-11 here we come....
Reply/Quote
Fodder signed, fodder released. Not really worth a thread is it?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 02:54 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Fodder signed, fodder released. Not really worth a thread is it?

I'd bet Lippett makes the 53.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 02:30 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Great job getting folks off waivers during training camp.  How about getting guys that can make an impact when free agency starts?!?!  5-11 here we come....

when free agency starts?  (free agency is wide open right now)  just not much left on the market.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 02:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Starting to feel as though the main requirement for being a part of this defense is playing a game of Six Degrees of Lou Anarumo.

who better than to help teach his system than those who have been in it. (besides Crocker of Course)
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 04:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when free agency starts?  (free agency is wide open right now)  just not much left on the market.

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Hence, start, when they are there.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 08:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: HEY! I got it right away and I’m only 52. Easy with your insinuations there Whippersnapper.

Hold on a cottin pickin minute there whippersnapper.. I'm 60 and probably look ten years younger in the dark under the covers beside my 70 year old woman..   I got it too... #Getoldordie and no, it's not Ge told ordie..It's Get OLD or DIE!  LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: As long as this isn't replacing someone injured I actually really like this as a depth signing.

Nice grab, has talent.
Reply/Quote