Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony McRae....offsides
We are going to get flagged for that every time we are the Bengals some of you guys forget that and think we are the Pats or Steelers and will get the call in our favor. It will not happen 90% of the time we are getting flagged for that play if not 99% of the time.
Reply/Quote
Hmmm

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-elastic-erickson-simmons-says-mcrae-robbed
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So perhaps they really weren't "chastizing him" on the sidelines, but telling him the refs blew it so go out there and do it again Dammit! ?
Funny how fans love to play mind reader to every reaction on a camera that in completely inaudible..  For all I know he's the guy sent out for lunch and got McNuggets instead of burgers.. "I WANTED A BURGER DAMMIT! NOT THOSE CRAPPY CHICKEN SH** CHUNKS!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 09:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hmmm

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-elastic-erickson-simmons-says-mcrae-robbed

Was just coming here to post that......seems Simmons disagrees with some of the sentiment in this thread!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Was just coming here to post that......seems Simmons disagrees with some of the sentiment in this thread!

Yep, the refs jumped the gun. If you watch the the center you can see just the nano second he starts hiking the ball Mcrae also starts moving. If he was across before the snap it's like the tips of his fingernails.

Just like the hands to the face on Hart on the TD taken away. That ref had to have his hand on the flag before the snap ! The hand to the face lasts all of like 5/100's of a second.

Stop assuming Refs
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, the refs jumped the gun. If you watch the the center you can see just the nano second he starts hiking the ball Mcrae also starts moving. If he was across before the snap it's like the tips of his fingernails.

Just like the hands to the face on Hart on the TD taken away. That ref had to have his hand on the flag before the snap ! The hand to the face lasts all of like 5/100's of a second.

Stop assuming Refs

I'd say they do as much assuming as seeing, to be honest.  The speed and just overall congestion of the game makes it so.

Watched some of the replay yesterday.  They never showed a single replay of Kroft being held/interfered with on the interception, btw, just like it was in real time.  Found that odd.  No replay on a play like that, only from the pick forward through the tackle.

The roughing call on Lawson came from the turd in the white hat, the head turd.  He had to come running in to throw the flag.  From where he was, he did not have a view of the play, yet he's the one throwing the flag.  If he can't see the play, how can he see a penalty?

IMO, if you're gonna get so goofy over the roughing the passer call, teams should be able to challenge the call.  And there should most definitely be some consideration given to intent.  In other words, what the guy was aiming at and not just what did he hit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:10 PM)McC Wrote: I'd say they do as much assuming as seeing, to be honest.  The speed and just overall congestion of the game makes it so.

Watched some of the replay yesterday.  They never showed a single replay of Kroft being held/interfered with on the interception, btw, just like it was in real time.  Found that odd.  No replay on a play like that, only from the pick forward through the tackle.

The roughing call on Lawson came from the turd in the white hat, the head turd.  He had to come running in to throw the flag.  From where he was, he did not have a view of the play, yet he's the one throwing the flag.  If he can't see the play, how can he see a penalty?

IMO, if you're gonna get so goofy over the roughing the passer call, teams should be able to challenge the call.  And there should most definitely be some consideration given to intent.  In other words, what the guy was aiming at and not just what did he hit.

Definitely should have been a conference regarding that call.  If the back judge didn't see it, he should have spoken up.  

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:10 PM)McC Wrote: I'd say they do as much assuming as seeing, to be honest.  The speed and just overall congestion of the game makes it so.

Yep,

And I'm pretty sure the whit hat turd threw the flag for hands to the face. I heard one of the talking heads on NFL morning saying the refs need to view and hold judgment until they see the entirety of the play. Hart's hand slipped off the pads and up into his face for a nanosecond so he threw the flag instead of watching the entirety and seeing his hand come back off just as quick.

Same thing on the roughing the passer. He just saw the QB's head moving and assumed it was roughing.

Quit being so trigger happy !
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep,

And I'm pretty sure the whit hat turd threw the flag for hands to the face. I heard one of the talking heads on NFL morning saying the refs need to view and hold judgment until they see the entirety of the play. Hart's hand slipped off the pads and up into his face for a nanosecond so he threw the flag instead of watching the entirety and seeing his hand come back off just as quick.

Same thing on the roughing the passer. He just saw the QB's head moving and assumed it was roughing.

.....and conference with the other officials if you're not sure of what you saw, there's no sin in picking up a flag.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and conference with the other officials if you're not sure of what you saw, there's no sin in picking up a flag.

Indeed, none at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Indeed, none at all.

Unless it somehow hurts one of the top 5 markets in the US.  Then, the NFL might have a problem with it.  If it hurts the Bengals (or Browns, Jesus that Raider game), no one gives a shit but us.  Call me tin foil hat, but I have seen enough to know bullshit when I see it.  
Reply/Quote
This is the reason Simmons will always be a special teams coach and not much more. He will never be a head coach like some of you said last year when everyone thought Marv was going to be replaced. He is special just like others I know.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 09:59 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: We are going to get flagged for that every time we are the Bengals some of you guys forget that and think we are the Pats or Steelers and will get the call in our favor. It will not happen 90% of the time we are getting flagged for that play if not 99% of the time.

So, sixty percent of the time, we're going to get flagged for that every time, most of the time?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep,

I couldn't see the play clearly, but did he even touch his facemask? I thought he actually touched the side of his head. I didn't have my glasses on and I'm getting blind as a bat without them.
Reply/Quote