Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Reali Responded To My Tweet!
Ok, it bugs me when people say LeBron is better (or even as good as) then Jordan.  Jordan won championships.

Today, on Around The Horn, they were saying if Bron won one more, he'd be ahead of Jordan, which is absurd, IMCO, so I tweeted him.

Here's his reply:

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Another milestone for Lebron that Jordan never accomplished.  7 turnovers in a Finals game.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 12:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Another milestone for Lebron that Jordan never accomplished.  7 turnovers in a Finals game.  

I thought it was 8?   Hilarious

(Actually, I thought it was 9, but maybe one got changed.)
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 08:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok, it bugs me when people say LeBron is better (or even as good as) then Jordan.  Jordan won championships.

Today, on Around The Horn, they were saying if Bron won one more, he'd be ahead of Jordan, which is absurd, IMCO, so I tweeted him.

Here's his reply:

What is IMCO? "In my crippled opinion?" If not, sorry. If so, friggen hilarious.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 06:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What is IMCO? "In my crippled opinion?" If not, sorry. If so, friggen hilarious.

Yes sir!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 06:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought it was 8?   Hilarious

(Actually, I thought it was 9, but maybe one got changed.)

Sure. :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Lebron is the better all around player it really is sad that people can't admit it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:12 AM)J24 Wrote: Lebron is the better all around player it really is sad that people can't admit it.

LeBron has had LOADED teams that he couldn't even win titles with.  Jordan had Pippen, who was only as good as he was because of Jordan.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: LeBron has had LOADED teams that he couldn't even win titles with.  Jordan had Pippen, who was only as good as he was because of Jordan.

What are you Talking about? Scottie Pippen is one of the best all around players in the History of basketball and better than any player Lebron has had ever played with. Let's not forget that they Also had Dennis Rodman and Toni kukoc as well in the late 90s. Those Bull teams were stacked as well don't kid yourself.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:31 AM)J24 Wrote: What are you Talking about? Scottie Pippen is one of the best all around players in the History of basketball and better than any player Lebron has had ever played with. Let's not forget that they Also had Dennis Rodman and Toni kukoc as well in the late 90s. Those Bull teams were stacked as well don't kid yourself.

Are you serious?  Pippen might be one of the best, but he wouldn't have won any titles without Jordan.  Jordan could have won without him, though.

Rodman played defense and rebounded, that's it, and I think he only played on two of Jordan's title teams.

Kukoc was only there for three of them and wasn't all that special.

LeBron's teams have been LOADED.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 01:04 AM)5BFritz21 Wrote: Are you serious?  Pippen might be one of the best, but he wouldn't have won any titles without Jordan.  Jordan could have won without him, though.

Rodman played defense and rebounded, that's it, and I think he only played on two of Jordan's title teams.

Kukoc was only there for three of them and wasn't all that special.

LeBron's teams have been LOADED.
1.) Pippen guarded the teams best player and ran the bulls offense during the 90s and had an MVP like season in the 93-94 season. Again who has been on that Level for Lebron? Maybe Wade but he was past his prime with Lebron and always had some injury issue. 
2.) Rodman is regarded as the best rebounder in modern NBA history and he was one of the most impactful defenders during his career. He is also in the Hall of fame and played on 3 Jordan title teams.(96-98)
3.) Toni Kucoc won the 6th man of the year in the 96 season and gave the bulls 13 points. 4 rebounds, and 4 assists during through 1996-1998. Which if you put him in this current era is probably 17, 6, 6 per a game To say he wasn't all that special is just a Ludacris observation from you. The year after Jordan left in 99 Toni averaged 18.8 points, 7 boards, and 5.3 assists.
4.) What Championships team haven't been loaded in NBA history? 
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:12 AM)J24 Wrote: Lebron is the better all around player it really is sad that people can't admit it.

Yep... It's not even close.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:31 AM)J24 Wrote: What are you Talking about? Scottie Pippen is one of the best all around players in the History of basketball and better than any player Lebron has had ever played with. Let's not forget that they Also had Dennis Rodman and Toni kukoc as well in the late 90s. Those Bull teams were stacked as well don't kid yourself.

That's not to mention Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and Ron Harper... All of which were all stars at some point.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 01:32 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Pippen guarded the teams best player and ran the bulls offense during the 90s and had an MVP like season in the 93-94 season. Again who has been on that Level for Lebron? Maybe Wade but he was past his prime with Lebron and always had some injury issue. 
2.) Rodman is regarded as the best rebounder in modern NBA history and he was one of the most impactful defenders during his career. He is also in the Hall of fame and played on 3 Jordan title teams.(96-98)
3.) Toni Kucoc won the 6th man of the year in the 96 season and gave the bulls 13 points. 4 rebounds, and 4 assists during through 1996-1998. Which if you put him in this current era is probably 17, 6, 6 per a game To say he wasn't all that special is just a Ludacris observation from you. The year after Jordan left in 99 Toni averaged 18.8 points, 7 boards, and 5.3 assists.
4.) What Championships team haven't been loaded in NBA history? 
1.  Irving.  Pippen played D and offered some offensive ability, but not enough to downplay anything MJ did.

2.  Rodman rebounded and played D, but neither of those were enough to make the teams that much better.  They win those titles without him.

3.  Toni was solid, but not enough to make that much of a difference.

4.  JORDAN'S TEAMS!

You listed guys that were ok, but Jordan brought them to another level and the team to another level.
(06-13-2017, 09:16 AM)jason Wrote: Yep... It's not even close.
Call me when Lebron wins six titles.

Jordan never even played in a game 7!  Bron has been swept in the finals!

(06-13-2017, 09:19 AM)jason Wrote: That's not to mention Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, and Ron Harper... All of which were all stars at some point.

But were nothing special other than role players for Jordan!

They might have been more without him, but they didn't win Jordan's titles!

Bron has had MUCH better teams, and it's not even close!
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 06:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1.  Irving.  Pippen played D and offered some offensive ability, but not enough to downplay anything MJ did.

2.  Rodman rebounded and played D, but neither of those were enough to make the teams that much better.  They win those titles without him.

3.  Toni was solid, but not enough to make that much of a difference.

4.  JORDAN'S TEAMS!

You listed guys that were ok, but Jordan brought them to another level and the team to another level.
Call me when Lebron wins six titles.

Jordan never even played in a game 7!  Bron has been swept in the finals!

But were nothing special other than role players for Jordan!

They might have been more without him, but they didn't win Jordan's titles!

Bron has had MUCH better teams, and it's not even close!

Jordan played in game 7 in the 1998 Eastern conference finals against the Indiana Pacers. That's off the top of my head. I think there was another in the early 90s against the Knicks.

And if we are counting rings, Jordan can't hold Bill Russell's jock.

The Bulls won over 50 games in the 93/94 without Jordan. That's right. Pippen, BJ Armstrong, Horace Grant, and Toni Kukoc did that. They took the Knicks to 7 games, and lost on a questionable call... Call me when Kyrie and Kevin Love win a game without LeBron.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 12:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: LeBron has had LOADED teams that he couldn't even win titles with.  Jordan had Pippen, who was only as good as he was because of Jordan.

Also... You might need to look up Scottie Pippen's numbers in the 94 and 95 seasons... The year and a half without Jordan. He was a legit MVP candidate in 1994 (the others were Hakeem, David Robinson, and Shaq... All dominant 7 footers). In 1995 Scottie Pippen's led the Bulls in every statistical category... All of them.

I'm not claiming LeBron is better than Jordan. But its not the ring count that is the difference, and it's certainly not because Jordan carried a team of scrubs.

Time and the internet kind of cloud our view if players. All you ever see of Jordan anymore are highlights. Look up his shooting percentages in some of those playoffs. Also... Larry Bird won three titles. Do you really think Jordan was twice the player Bird was?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Jordan played in game 7 in the 1998 Eastern conference finals against the Indiana Pacers. That's off the top of my head. I think there was another in the early 90s against the Knicks.

And if we are counting rings, Jordan can't hold Bill Russell's jock.

The Bulls won over 50 games in the 93/94 without Jordan. That's right. Pippen, BJ Armstrong, Horace Grant, and Toni Kukoc did that. They took the Knicks to 7 games, and lost on a questionable call... Call me when Kyrie and Kevin Love win a game without LeBron.

He didn't play a game 7 in the finals.

There were only 8 to 14 teams when Russel played, and not to mention that basketball wasn't as widespread or anywhere near as evolved as it was when Jordan played.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 10:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He didn't play a game 7 in the finals.

There were only 8 to 14 teams when Russel played, and not to mention that basketball wasn't as widespread or anywhere near as evolved as it was when Jordan played.

If you are specifically talking about the finals, then you're 100% right.

I'm a huge basketball fan Brad. I like it more than football as a sport. I don't like the NBA as much as I once did... For various reasons. I'm also really not arguing that LeBron is greater than Jordan. He is, however much more physically gifted, and more versatile. LeBron's style of play is actually much closer to Scottie Pippen's.

Jordan played in a much more physical era than LeBron does. You could push, grab, and foul hard without getting ejected then. In one sense that makes Jordan's offensive prowess that much more spectacular. In another, it lessens his defensive achievements. LeBron has shut down great offensive players without laying a finger on them. Jordan didn't have to. I think the league was deeper when Jordan played. The game is officiated differently now. Isaiah Thomas averaged 28 points per game this past year. That's what Jordan was getting in the late 90s.... Jordan would average 40 in today's NBA.

The bottom line is we can't just write off every great player after 1998. That's like saying no boxer was ever as great as Jack Dempsey. You said it yourself; different time, different era.

One last nugget for you... LeBron took a team of castoffs to the finals in 2007. Yeah... They got swept by the Spurs. Jordan couldn't get teams with Rip Hamilton, Christian Laettner, Stackhouse, and his hand picked number 1 draft pick to the playoffs in the east when he was in Washington.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
#1 lebron​ can legitimately​ be an all star at 4 positions. PG, SG, SF, and PF.
#2 Lebron is only one of 4 players 2 average 30 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists in a playoffs when winning a title. The other three Wilt, Hakeem, and Shaq.
#3 lebron had a triple double in the Olympics on a stacked team. Think about it he had the best Point Gaurd, best rebounder, and best scorer on the team. Yet he still found away to lead the team every category in a game.
#4 Lebron has shot 60% from two for 3 times Jordan has zero. Lebron has had 3 seasons of shooting of 55% or above Jordan has zero.
J24

Reply/Quote
I don't like anything Cleveland but watching Lebron in the playoff's, if people say he is the goat I could agree with that.
Lebron does it all and is unstoppable. n I watched the nba in the 70's-90's. Jordan had a way better supporting cast than Lebron had.
Reply/Quote