Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too many sub forums
Im not sure if this is the place to post this but....

Does anyone else think there are too many sub forums? Especially in Klotsch? I feel like this place would get a lot more traction if we did away with the sub forums and everyone just posted their random threads in the main klotsch forum. A lot of times I dont even bother to click in the folders and just ignore them when scrolling down to the main klotsch forum. One of the things that makes klotsch so great is the randomness.

Just my 2 cents
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
a friend of mine has a sign in her desk that reads, "People who are organized are just too lazy to look for things". 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I imagined that it either makes things easier on the mods, or that this board is trying to distance myself from the old board and the klotsch moniker.
Reply/Quote
I think we need a sub forum to discuss the number of sub forums.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 05:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think we need a sub forum to discuss the number of sub forums.

Perfect use of a subforum if there ever was one...

but they just added a few in Kotsch in the past month... Makes its easier to find the type of subject your looking for because things get buried quickly especially here...  so if posters would put their post where they best belong in the sub forums it be easier to find and converse with like minded (meaning interested in the same things) individuals.
Reply/Quote
Looking at the post in Klostch.. BFitz needs his own subforum... dude is a thread making machine
Reply/Quote
Mods please move this thread to the complaints subforum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't know how hard it'd be to implement, and it might not catch on since it was partially implemented on the old boards, but: The best way to search and filter content (in this instance threads) would be a thread tagging feature. I know it has been an issue with pranksters abusing it, but it really has a lot of potential for sorting through threads while keeping a "streamlined" feel.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 06:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Looking at the post in Klostch.. BFitz needs his own subforum... dude is a thread making machine

Stem cell update sub forum.  Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 08:06 PM)treee Wrote: I don't know how hard it'd be to implement, and it might not catch on since it was partially implemented on the old boards, but: The best way to search and filter content (in this instance threads) would be a thread tagging feature. I know it has been an issue with pranksters abusing it, but it really has a lot of potential for sorting through threads while keeping a "streamlined" feel.

kinda like the google search engine tags you can build into your websites?   I love when people add everything that has nothing to do with the site lol
Reply/Quote
he's only started nine different threads.........on the first page.    
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 01:35 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: he's only started nine different threads.........on the first page.    

Mostly about the same thing...
Reply/Quote
Maybe the mods put them all up to see which ones are used the most and after a certain amount of time, like one or two months, they will keep the top four or something.
Reply/Quote
There is only one sub-forum necessary in Klotsch...NSFW!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 01:55 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Maybe the mods put them all up to see which ones are used the most and after a certain amount of time, like one or two months, they will keep the top four or something.

Basically. We took the ideas from the new subforum idea thread awhile back, and now we'll get to see which ones will remain a subforum based on activity. Those that don't garner enough attention will returned into normal Klotsch.
Reply/Quote