Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need offense...BAD
The Bengals seriously need to take a wide receiver with the first pick of the second round after taking Joe burrow. After that they can go all defense or whatever but they need a good deep threat wide receiver.I don’t even count John Ross.He’s a BUST.Of course I hope they also re-sign AJ.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 05:31 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Having a dynamic 2nd round TE in Sample back should help this offense !

He's due for his breakout performance, as it seems that his "Sophomore slump" came a year early.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 01:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Over the last four seasons this team is 21-42-1 Four of those wins were against a Browns team that went 1-31 in 2016/17 Nine of those wins were against teams (including Browns) with five wins or less for the season.

We knocked the Ravens and Lions out of playoffs couple years ago. Beat a Colts team that was decent, beat ok Dolphins and Titans teams I believe ? But the point is the bulk of those 21 wins have been against the bottom feeders of the NFL.

We haven't been able to force our will on anybody who is anybody for quite some time !

In 2019 we finished 26th in yards per game, 30th in points per game, 25th in rushing, 19th in passing.
In 2018 we finished 26th in yards, 17th in points, 21st in rushing, 24th in passing.
In 2017 we finished 32nd in yards, 26th in points, 31st in rushing, 27th in passing.
In 2016 we finished 23rd in yards, 22nd in points, 13th in rushing, 15th in passing.

We've been at or near the bottom on offense for four years running now with a couple exceptions being around middle. But overall we get a grade of bad, in fact very bad. We averaged scoring like 17 points per game last year.

We've played 64 games in those four years and 256 quarters. We've been ahead in 95 of those quarters including final score. Nearly 2/3 of the time we've been playing from behind. The other team is dictating the flow of the game.

Thing is in my mind we need to go heavy in the draft on offense. If a good WR is there at 33 they need to snatch him up. Aiyuk,Reagor, J. Jefferson, Mims. I just don't trust our WR corps.

We need to get a guard or two guards or OT and probably double dip at WR. Another TE ? We need to put Burrow in a good position ! I doubt they're gonna get any offense in free agency ?

And I get it, our defense has sucked as well. But hopefully they'll get a LBer and decent CB in free agency, perhaps even a DT ?

But in order to turn this thing around we've got to start forcing our will, dictating the pace, make them play from behind.

I do think we need to get a LB in FA and go more Offensive in this Draft no doubt.

Great time to get WR's and interior O-lineman with the depth in this deep Draft.

That Kahlil Davis out of Nebraska sure is looking like a specimen at DT for a future replacement at DT for Geno.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 10:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: that ain't happening anytime soon.
Eh, don't know, we should get Katie (and Katie's hubby) yes, I know his name but let's state facts here. Troy would be no where near owning an NFL team if he didn't marry pumpkin...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote