Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Aggressive Coaches
(02-05-2021, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Aggression is very context sensitive. Andy Reid is aggressive like a successful businessman investing in an emerging market.  ZT is aggressive like a poor person spending his meager pay on scratch off tickets.  

Exactly
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 10:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: At one point in the season, it was pointed out that we were on track to record the most 4th down conversions, 4th down conversion percentage, and 4th down attempts for a season.  I don't know if we ultimately set the record for any of them in the end...

There was a lot more to it than just fourth down decisions

"We took six key statistical categories from the 2020 season -- fourth-down go rate, blitz rate, total passes downfield, two-point attempt rate, downfield pass percentage and air yards to sticks -- and dug in to find out where coaches ranked."

As for just 4th down decisions, Footballoutsiders always does an analysis on that. I forget the exact details, but they eliminate decisions made in the fourth quarter (or late in the fourth quarter) when far behind.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 10:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: At one point in the season, it was pointed out that we were on track to record the most 4th down conversions, 4th down conversion percentage, and 4th down attempts for a season.  I don't know if we ultimately set the record for any of them in the end...

I’m wondering if this is because we were typically playing from behind and more specifically in pretty close games.
Reply/Quote