Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Free Agent LBs (according to PFF)
(03-04-2019, 08:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just reported Mosley won’t be tagged in Bal. Everything you read is we won’t change much on FA except to supplement draft but this may be an exception with as familiar as you’d think they’d be with Nosley. Even the local connections to Hicks could make them venture out. Will be interesting.

Maybe if you read Goebbels, who is still brainwashed by The Old Way.  But listening to Duke gives an entirely different impression.  He keeps saying he will give the new staff everything they need to succeed.  Now, I won't say it's a dead certainty we play the FA game like the rest of the league but I do think a new approach is entirely possible.

Not to mention, Zac has gotten pretty much everything he has wanted so far. There us reason to hope beyond just wishing it will happen.

"I could be wrong...but I don't think so..."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:27 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe if you read Goebbels, who is still brainwashed by The Old Way.  But listening to Duke gives an entirely different impression.  He keeps saying he will give the new staff everything they need to succeed.  Now, I won't say it's a dead certainty we play the FA game like the rest of the league but I do think a new approach is entirely possible.

Not to mention, Zac has gotten pretty much everything he has wanted so far. There us reason to hope beyond just wishing it will happen.

"I could be wrong...but I don't think so..."

I think this is overly optimistic. Is Jawan James and someone like Wright who is older, or Hicks who is injury prone a slam dunk? Is all about expectations as I could see something like this. I think they are looking to supplement the draft as always but I think because they have two major needs this year versus most year one need shining brightest they could step out of their comfort zone but not in an earth shattering way.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 01:24 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Signing Mosley would be unreal.  Address a major need.  Open the first round.  No praying white falls.  Take a top ot.  Or even hockenson, Oliver or even greedy.  Weaken a division rival.  Excite the fan base.

Yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This, and also get a leader on your defense.  Baltimore refers to him as QB of the defense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For the stat people.

CJ has been a solid NFL linebacker but not a great one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:55 PM)Synric Wrote: For the stat people.

Name value carries the day here. Some nice splash plays that look good on highlight reels though. I'd take him here but not at the rate he will go for. 
Reply/Quote
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/buccaneers-sign-donovan-smith-contract
OT Donovan Smith signed an extension for 3 yrs/41.25M with 27M guaranteed and he is an average tackle imo. All the more proof to signing linebackers and drafting offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 04:11 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/buccaneers-sign-donovan-smith-contract
OT Donovan Smith signed an extension for 3 yrs/41.25M with 27M guaranteed and he is an average tackle imo. All the more proof to signing linebackers and drafting offensive line.

Wow...That's a big number for Donovan Smith.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
James will make it to free agency he wants out of Miami. He would be my #1 free agent option because he's young and we need a top tier tackle at this point. Hicks and CJ Mosley will also make it to FA because Eagles have no cap and Baltimore said they were not going to franchise CJ. Hicks may have some health concerns, but then again he should be a bit cheaper than CJ and is known for his on the field leadership. If we land Hicks + Devin White or Bush it will turn our LB group by a ton. I also think bringing in Collins as a hybrid safety-linebacker and use him similar to Troy Polamalu with a 3 safety base package it could be pretty amazing in today's nfl and we have a strong safety group.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
6 more minutes but Mosley not tagged yet. There's hope.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: 6  more minutes but Mosley not tagged yet. There's hope.

baltimore said yesterday they're not tagging him

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 04:11 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/03/buccaneers-sign-donovan-smith-contract

James for Miami may be the only Tackle worth signing...so I think the route you mention is the best route.
Reply/Quote
I really think Jordan Hicks, LJ Fort, and Juwaun James are the guys we need to target. IF we can land 2 out of 3 we'll be set.

I think Hicks has Cincy ties? Is that correct?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:03 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Sounds about right.  Cut burfict and that’s a nice chunk towards it.  

Mosley doesn’t come with the injury concerns of Kwon Alexander or ot Darryl Williams.  Resign a few of our own free agents and maybe a couple outside guys that are their usual type of signings and we d be quite happy with this being our big (and only?) outside signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-05-2019, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell yes!  If they could snag him, cut Burfict, and get Brown on the cheap back, I think the LB corps would do alright.  I think Brown is a lot better than what he showed last year due to injury.....but I wouldn't spend a lot.

Brown/Vigil/Mosely would be better than what we saw last season for sure.

Rep to both!  The way the market is starting to shape up, quality OL is going to be outrageously priced in FA.  Donovan got 27M, guaranteed?  With a max value of around 40 sum M??  Better to spend the money on LB, and open up the draft a bit.  This LB class appears to be deep enough that they can truly get a quality LB or two on day two or even early on day 3 this year.

With the way that stud college OTs have been busting in the NFL, in recent years, you know that the drafting for the ones perceived as the cream of the crop will be fast and furious.  I'm thinking that if the Bengals want one of the top OTs, they need to take him at 11.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Kwon Alexander graded out REALLY poorly last year.

It's interesting, a lot of guys rack up A LOT of tackles but are poor in other areas.

Honestly, I'm open to bringing Preston Brown back too.

I think James might get overpaid. He's an above average tackle but not a great one.
Reply/Quote
Let's sign all 10 and keep the best 6 linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 08:45 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Let's sign all 10 and keep the best 6 linebackers.

Like Joe Pa used to say in the old days;  There's no such thing as too many good LBs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Hasn't his play improved over the last couple of seasons though?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Again, this is a situation where we might question PFF's metrics.  Mosely is a 4 time pro-bowler, also 4X 2nd team All-Pro (the REAL post season accolade).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoslC.00.htm

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 09:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am actually starting to change my mind and think the best way to improve this defense is with one of the incredible defensive tackles coming out in the draft.  Someone like Ed Oliver or Quinnen Williams and get a LB a bit later like Devin Bush (I think his height will push him to Rd 2) or one of a handful of strong LBs that could be there in Rd 2.  I think FA will have a lot to do with whatever direction we go, but I combination of Oliver and Bush or Mack Wilson would make the middle of the defense a strength overnight.  

I would much rather do that than go after a TE or questionable OT.  

I am with you 100% on this. I want White, but Oliver or one of the other stud D-linemen paired with Devin Bush would be a good way to start the draft if we could pull it off. And I also just can’t get behind spending early picks on a pass catcher when we have such dire needs on the O-line and at LB. We definitely need impact at the top of our draft. I would rather get an elite prospect at DT than an OT who has questions and limitations regardless of how badly we need help on the O-Line.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 09:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Again, this is a situation where we might question PFF's metrics.  Mosely is a 4 time pro-bowler, also 4X 2nd team All-Pro (the REAL post season accolade).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoslC.00.htm

Those aren't pff stats besides the last line.

He's actually alot like Vontaze Burfict very good against the run a solid pass rusher and average in coverage.

Reply/Quote