Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 Offensive Lineman Free Agents
(03-04-2020, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good players that are more likely in the Bengals' price range:
Kelvin Beachum
Graham Glasgow

Neither is going to get the fanbase excited, but both would be solid additions (assuming the Bengals move on from Cordy Glenn).

Beachum would allow the Bengals to start Jonah Williams either at LG or RT his first 1-2 years, much like how Whitworth did.
Glasgow would slot in well at either G position.

A line of Beachum, Williams, Hopkins, Glasgow, and Hart/Miller/Draft Pick/Fred Johnson I think would be a solid improvement over last year.

It's also worth pointing out that both Miller and Hart have low dead cap hits for 2020 and 2021, so both can/should be considered for replacement if the Bengals would like.

I think Glasgow gets 10 million+ a year when it's all said and done.

Recent Guard deals:
Brandon Brooks: Four years, $56.35 million ($14.1 million average)
Ali Marpet: Five years, $54.125 million ($10.8 million average)
Cody Whitehair: Five years, $51.25 million ($10.25 million average)
Rodger Saffold: Four years, $44 million ($11 million average)
Kevin Zeitler: Three years, $32 million ($10.66 million average)
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 01:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: You take him on for two years with no guaranteed money. Anyone you sign in FA is going to probably cost you at least that if not more for similar skill but with a ton of guaranteed money invested. The nice thing about the trade is it gives you an out if it doesn't work.

He has a 9.5 dead cap this year, 5.6 next, and 1.7 in 2022. So you're stuck with him until 2022 because we're not eating that much money. They're getting out of the worst years of his deal shopping him to another team. Would rather get a bargain bin player at this position over that imo
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 01:51 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He has a 9.5 dead cap this year, 5.6 next, and 1.7 in 2022. So you're stuck with him until 2022 because we're not eating that much money. They're getting out of the worst years of his deal shopping him to another team. Would rather get a bargain bin player at this position over that imo

No you aren't. When a player in the NFL is traded the trading team is assigned the dead cap releasing the new team of dead cap considerations previously accrued aside from other potential bonuses to be earned. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 01:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: No you aren't. When a player in the NFL is traded the trading team is assigned the dead cap releasing the new team of dead cap considerations previously accrued aside from other potential bonuses to be earned. 

Hmm. The more you know.gif. So why does sporttrac have dead cap for next year if traded?

https://overthecap.com/trading-dead-money-nfl-expiring-contract/

Wow, contracts are so weird. [url=https://overthecap.com/trading-dead-money-nfl-expiring-contract/][/url]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:48 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Hmm. The more you know.gif. So why does sporttrac have dead cap for next year if traded?

https://overthecap.com/trading-dead-money-nfl-expiring-contract/

Wow, contracts are so weird. [url=https://overthecap.com/trading-dead-money-nfl-expiring-contract/][/url]

Contracts are very weird and some have quirks because there is no official structure and full details are rarely released. I would assume Turner is still working under the more traditional format of the prorated signing bonus, mainly because of the restructure piece shown there makes me think they reallocated it as part of the restructure. Over the Cap has a nice trade calculator that shows the impact of moving the player, in Turner's case they show the dead cap being completely eaten by the panthers so I am pretty confident he is using the more normal prorated structure I mentioned when I assumed we'd take on now dead cap hit. 
Reply/Quote