Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London again?
(03-04-2020, 12:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think it was a joke:

Yes, but was it a joke about the original poster confusing Austria with Australia?

Anyway if the NFL wants to expand the game and doesn't care about timezones, climates and the like they should send the Bengals to play an international game in Kolkata. India's a massive market to tap into and the Bengals should be the obvious choice for the citizens of Kolkata, situated in West Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:48 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Yes, but was it a joke about the original poster confusing Austria with Australia?

Anyway if the NFL wants to expand the game and doesn't care about timezones, climates and the like they should send the Bengals to play an international game in Kolkata. India's a massive market to tap into and the Bengals should be the obvious choice for the citizens of Kolkata, situated in West Bengal.

He wasn't confusing it; I posted a picture of the scene from Dumb and Dumber, that referenced his joke :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 08:52 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Austria WTF

Barcelona, Amsterdam and several German cities (Cologne/Frankfurt/Dusseldorf and the already mentioned Berlin) would be way ahead on the NFL's radar of Vienna in Europe. The second tier would be cities like Moscow, Athens, Rome/Milan. Vienna would be distinctly third tier.

The interesting ones to look out for are in the Middle East. It's not a big TV market or spectator market but Qatar are throwing money at sport and have acquired the Soccer World Cup. It will be telling of the NFL's intentions - whether to grow the market or just grab the cash - whether that becomes an option.
Austria is the second biggest football nation in Europe and has the second best league in Europe as well. NFL would be wise too look into it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 02:51 PM)J24 Wrote: Austria is the second biggest football nation in Europe and has the second best league in Europe as well. NFL would be wise too look into it.

The population of Austria is about the same as Virginia.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 03:44 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The population of Austria is about the same as Virginia.

So? It's still a place where the game is growing at a faster rate then most places.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote