Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 console games of the last generation
So with the PS5/Xbox Series X/S introducing the newest gen, what are your top 10 games of the last generation? (I would also count the Switch as it's kind of in the middle of these gens.

1. Ghost of Tsushima
2. The Last of Us Remastered/The Last of Us Part 2
3. God of War
4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
6. Marvel's Spiderman
7. Grand Theft Auto V
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
9. Resident Evil 2
10. Bloodborne

Honorable Mentions
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Days Gone
Horizon Zero Dawn
Destiny: The Taken King
Red Dead Redemption 2
Until Dawn
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Dying Light
Life is Strange
The Wolf Among Us
Tales from the Borderlands
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Inside
Rocket League
Quantum Break
Super Mario Odyssey
Outer Wilds
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
Undertale
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 04:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: So with the PS5/Xbox Series X/S introducing the newest gen, what are your top 10 games of the last generation? (I would also count the Switch as it's kind of in the middle of these gens.

1. Ghost of Tsushima
2. The Last of Us Remastered/The Last of Us Part 2
3. God of War
4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
6. Marvel's Spiderman
7. Grand Theft Auto V
8. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
9. Resident Evil 2
10. Bloodborne

Honorable Mentions
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Days Gone
Horizon Zero Dawn
Destiny: The Taken King
Red Dead Redemption 2
Until Dawn
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Dying Light
Life is Strange
The Wolf Among Us
Tales from the Borderlands
Inside
Rocket League
Quantum Break
Super Mario Odyssey
Outer Wilds
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
Undertale

Fallout 4
Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Edition
Doom Rebooted Series
Alien isolation
Red Dead Redemption 2
Dark souls 3
Gears 5
Dying light
Witcher 3*  (so they say)
AC Rebooted Series
Halo Master Chief Collection.... 
Skyrim

this list doesnt come close to capturing all the games that should be listed.
Reply/Quote
If the Mass Effect Trilogy is not in the top 10 then you're list is wrong
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 11:39 AM)Stewy Wrote: If the Mass Effect Trilogy is not in the top 10 then you're list is wrong

Ahh see..... those came out on the 360...   i almost didnt list Skyrim for the same reason and would potentially dispute GTAV for that reason also.    i was not looking at remasters

Its why Skyrim and TMCC are after the first 10
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 12:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ahh see..... those came out on the 360...   i almost didnt list Skyrim for the same reason and would potentially dispute GTAV for that reason also.    I was not looking at remasters

Its why Skyrim and TMCC are after the first 10

Bleh - technicality I say.  Better to put a date on it.  I have no idea when the XBONE came out, and the game releases don't tell me either because most 360 games are backward compatible these days.

Anyway, if I have to pick top games of last Gen.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - came out right at the 360/XBONE transition I believe (2014)
Zelda:  Breath of the Wild
Witcher 3
Persona 5 (Royal) - so few have played this - it is one of the best games I've ever played.......4 times now
Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition
The Last of Us (2) - haven't played it but can't ignore the hype
Horizon:   Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2
Fallout 4
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 12:13 PM)Stewy Wrote: Bleh - technicality I say.  Better to put a date on it.  I have no idea when the XBONE came out, and the game releases don't tell me either because most 360 games are backward compatible these days.

Anyway, if I have to pick top games of last Gen.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - came out right at the 360/XBONE transition I believe (2014)
Zelda:  Breath of the Wild
Witcher 3
Persona 5 (Royal) - so few have played this - it is one of the best games I've ever played.......4 times now
Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition
The Last of Us (2) - haven't played it but can't ignore the hype
Horizon:   Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2
Fallout 4

but yes lol mass effect should be on the list...  Its just impossible to remember everything lol
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but yes lol mass effect should be on the list...  Its just impossible to remember everything lol

Actually I'm fine with a 360/XBONE cut off.  It's just not the same cut off you get with the PS3 / PS4 because they handled backward compatibility differently.  Well XBOX handled it wonderfully, PS handled it not at all.  Sony is so greedy.  Oh you own this game on PS2 or PS3?  Tough on you - if you want to play it on PS4 you have to pay again - if we have it available at all.

My Kingdom for Dragon Quest VIII:  Journey of the Curded King 3DS to be ported to Switch or PS or both.  Miss playing that game so much.  Best DQ game ever.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I mostly left off things that strictly came out on last gen. TLoU came out right when the PS4 was launching so I just included both games (2nd game is damn good too despite what people say). And then GTA mostly because of the constant updates to the game since launch.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 04:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Honorable Mentions

I love KCD. 

Everything about it was different/fresh which made it special considering most games are remakes or just new thrown together on old engines.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I love KCD. 

Everything about it was different/fresh which made it special considering most games are remakes or just new thrown together on old engines.

its on my list to try just dont know when ill ever get to it lol
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 01:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its on my list to try just dont know when ill ever get to it lol

Well if you ever do here is a low tech hack for KCD. While theres a crosshair dot like most First Person games while moving and using most weapons when you are using a Bow it disappears. Well just get a peice of clear tape and make a dot and put it on the TV lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
FIFA 17

FIFA 18

FIFA 19

FIFA 20

FIFA 21
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FIFA 17

FIFA 18

FIFA 19

FIFA 20

FIFA 21

not a PES fan?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not a PES fan?

Nope.Not having EPL Licensing really hurts them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
In no particular order:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Fortnite (it was a fun game, not sorry)
Stardew Valley
Mario Maker 2
Forza Horizon 4
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Octopath Traveler

I'll just leave it there.

Tbh it was a weird generation for me. I switched from running Playstation as my main system for roughly 15 years, to never buying a PS4.

I main my Nintendo Switch and got an Xbox to try games on Game Pass. Fortnite replaced the COD series for me, as I find the gameplay more varied and interesting. Plus I came to prefer 3rd person.

I did play a lot of GTA online, but wound up pretty disgusted with R* and how they encourage griefing to sell shark cards. Most toxic community in gaming as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 01:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In no particular order:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Fortnite (it was a fun game, not sorry)
Stardew Valley
Mario Maker 2
Forza Horizon 4
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Octopath Traveler

I'll just leave it there.

Tbh it was a weird generation for me. I switched from running Playstation as my main system for roughly 15 years, to never buying a PS4.

I main my Nintendo Switch and got an Xbox to try games on Game Pass. Fortnite replaced the COD series for me, as I find the gameplay more varied and interesting. Plus I came to prefer 3rd person.

I did play a lot of GTA online, but wound up pretty disgusted with R* and how they encourage griefing to sell shark cards. Most toxic community in gaming as well.

I loved Breath of the Wild and completed everything but all 999 korok seeds. My only gripe w that game is as large scale as it was, it felt empty.

Fortnite is fun but runs terribly on the Switch. I just couldn’t deal with the frame-rate spikes / draw distance lag. Same with Apex Legends. Great games, and convenient to play on the go…but limited more than on other consoles.

I enjoyed Octopath Traveler. Nostalgia got me with that turn based old school RPG. Have you played Bravely Default 2 yet? THAT game was incredible! I was sad when I beat it (the REAL ending) because it was such a fun ride from the get go. Other than Final Fantasy Type-R, Square Enix just makes quality games!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 01:46 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I loved Breath of the Wild and completed everything but all 999 korok seeds. My only gripe w that game is as large scale as it was, it felt empty.

Fortnite is fun but runs terribly on the Switch. I just couldn’t deal with the frame-rate spikes / draw distance lag. Same with Apex Legends. Great games, and convenient to play on the go…but limited more than on other consoles.

I enjoyed Octopath Traveler. Nostalgia got me with that turn based old school RPG. Have you played Bravely Default 2 yet? THAT game was incredible! I was sad when I beat it (the REAL ending) because it was such a fun ride from the get go. Other than Final Fantasy Type-R, Square Enix just makes quality games!

Agree on BoTW. It's such a strange game for me in that I was completely mesmerized by it for the first 100+ hours. It was a pretty magical experience. Then suddenly it just hit me that the world was so empty. That's why I can't put it ahead of Ocarina of Time.

Fortnite has always been worse on Switch, but the performance ebbs and flows between tolerable and bad depending on the season. I just started playing again for the first time in 6 months and it's holding 30 pretty decently. I still prefer playing on Switch because since they implemented Skill Based Match Making, the game has been much harder on other platforms for me. I guess they give Switch players an easier way to go due to lower frames.

I have not played Bravely Default, but I've heard a lot about it and its been on my radar a few times. Tbh with you speaking so highly of it, I think I'll be watching some reviews of it tonight. I haven't played an RPG is way too long.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just picked up the Mafia Trilogy on the Countdown sale.

Also look at this DTS app for Headphones
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 11:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just picked up the Mafia Trilogy on the Countdown sale.

Also look at this DTS app for Headphones

I enjoyed mafia 1, but my save file got corrupted after I beat the game while doing collectibles so I didn’t get to platinum it ?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I enjoyed mafia 1, but my save file got corrupted after I beat the game while doing collectibles so I didn’t get to platinum it ?

the new remastered version? ill have to watch for that...  Just realized i posted in the wrong thread lol oh well
Reply/Quote