Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert's Contract Details
(03-19-2019, 03:29 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: I would hate to have a Superbowl MVP QB on the Bengals. That would mean we were trying to win a playoff game.

Whos Blind side is Protected by Cedric Obg?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: The acceptance part is easy. The Bengals haven't asked my opinion on anything yet and I use the word yet losely. I have a nagging feeling they never will. Either accept or find another team to complain about.. 
Celebration on the other hand... Well, there hasn't been a hell of a lot to celebrate from the team stricken by miasma from the river over the past 29 years.
In case you're wondering miasma was the theory that smells in the air were the source of diseases so there it is.. The Bengals have suffered miasma ever since 1990..  ThumbsUp

I don't think it's as easy as accept of find another team.

I wish it was tho. I would have been found a winning franchise I can enjoy watching on Sundays, and in the postseason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whos Blind side is Protected by Cedric Obg?

I am quite confused on what was just asked of me. So I'll just say what Marvin would say in these situations "ummmm coach better and play better."
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whos Blind side is Protected by Cedric Obg?

They're not just handing him the LT job, are they?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 02:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who complained in this thread? The numbers were finally released and I posted them.

Thanks for watching out for complainers though. We need someone to complain about complaining. It's a noble task.

I'm sure he was thinking about me, as I've complained about Eifert being extended in the past because I felt it was a sunk cost that hogged up cap that could go toward more reliable players.
But I'm not caring as much now because I feel this is now rebuilding time. If Eifert doesn't reach those incentives, roll it over to next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:23 PM)McC Wrote: They're not just handing him the LT job, are they?  

I think he's in the competition for RT.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:23 PM)McC Wrote: They're not just handing him the LT job, are they?  

God help Nick Foles if they are!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What does Ced have to do with Eifert contract?

Back to Eifert, I am surprised he commanded 4 million to show up (guaranteed), but have no issue he has 2.5 million he has to hit in incentives which will require him to not only stay healthy, but be productive to hit the incentives.

I like incentive based contracts and this one is very incentive based which is should be and is a good one for both team and Tyler in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:36 PM)Wyche Wrote:  God help Nick Foles if they are!!!!

The fact that they gave Foles so much money made me wonder if Tom C. hasn't entered into senility and the fact that they signed CedO to play any position raises further doubt about his perspicacity or sanity in general.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think it's wrong to blame this player for his injuries. I don't think it's a lack of conditioning or training that's caused them. Any receiver going across the middle as regularly as Eifert does is going to get hurt sometimes. He gets terrible injuries and works hard to get back. He then goes out there not being apprehensive about the next possible injury. I also think it's unfair to say no one else would pay him or want him. We don't know that. If he doesn't get hurt, he has the potential to be one of the best in the league.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
Great, I'm happy for both Eifert, and the team. His presence alone makes the offense stronger, more dynamic, and presents something that opposing defenses must account for. When you look at his money; $1.2M signing bonus, $4M salary, and $2.5 in performance incentive, that's not a lot for even an "average" starting TE, in today's NFL market. When you consider that if he DOES remain healthy, he's likely going to get 600 yds. and 10 TDs, that's an absolute bargain.

For those that think that he's getting too much, or that perhaps he shouldn't have been signed at all? Let me ask all of you a question. While you're schlepping away at your ordinary, mundane jobs, or even if you have education and a great skill to go with it; You do realize that you're easily replaceable, right? I mean, most of us could be replace by the next person to walk through the door, for specialized folk, it may take a few weeks. The point is, there are simply millions of people capable of doing exactly what you do, for no more money than you cost your employer. The case with Tyler Eifert is not the same. He has certain athletic talents and gifts found in only a very minute percentage of people. The simple fact that by getting himself prepared to even be on the field causes opposing coaches to plan especially for him. That's worth money. Sure, he's been often injured. However, every single time, he's went through the arduous process of surgery and rehab, put in the work to not only get "human healthy", but have himself prepared to play NFL football.

When you're capable of making that great of an impact, in a profession that a very small fraction of 1% of all people are qualified to do? THEN, you can complain about Tyler Eifert getting $5.2M for showing up, and possibly another $2.5M for staying injury free.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great, I'm happy for both Eifert, and the team.  His presence alone makes the offense stronger, more dynamic, and presents something that opposing defenses must account for.  When you look at his money; $1.2M signing bonus, $4M salary, and $2.5 in performance incentive, that's not a lot for even an "average" starting TE, in today's NFL market.  When you consider that if he DOES remain healthy, he's likely going to get 600 yds. and 10 TDs, that's an absolute bargain.

For those that think that he's getting too much, or that perhaps he shouldn't have been signed at all?  Let me ask all of you a question.  While you're schlepping away at your ordinary, mundane jobs, or even if you have education and a great skill to go with it;  You do realize that you're easily replaceable, right?  I mean, most of us could be replace by the next person to walk through the door, for specialized folk, it may take a few weeks.  The point is, there are simply millions of people capable of doing exactly what you do, for no more money than you cost your employer.  The case with Tyler Eifert is not the same.  He has certain athletic talents and gifts found in only a very minute percentage of people.  The simple fact that by getting himself prepared to even be on the field causes opposing coaches to plan especially for him.  That's worth money.  Sure, he's been often injured.  However, every single time, he's went through the arduous process of surgery and rehab, put in the work to not only get "human healthy", but have himself prepared to play NFL football.

When you're capable of making that great of an impact, in a profession that a very small fraction of 1% of all people are qualified to do?  THEN, you can complain about Tyler Eifert getting $5.2M for showing up, and possibly another $2.5M for staying injury free.
Well said Sunset and spot on!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 01:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I don't know. It's not "much", but it's still a lot for a player who can't seem to stay healthy.

There's no way we'll ever know, but who exactly are the Bengals bidding against with these contracts.

In the article on Eifert over and the teams site. Tyler said last year there was only one other team interested and the Bengals was a no brainer to him. This year, he said there were several others and the thought of moving on crossed his mind but he wanted to finish in Cincy because he likes his team mates and the city.  No mention of who the other teams. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 4 million isn't that bad...  for his talent if healthy its low balling him.      Worth it to see.  Some year is gonna be the year he doesn't get a weird injury.

Hopefully this is the year. Said that last year as well.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great, I'm happy for both Eifert, and the team.  His presence alone makes the offense stronger, more dynamic, and presents something that opposing defenses must account for.  When you look at his money; $1.2M signing bonus, $4M salary, and $2.5 in performance incentive, that's not a lot for even an "average" starting TE, in today's NFL market.  When you consider that if he DOES remain healthy, he's likely going to get 600 yds. and 10 TDs, that's an absolute bargain.

For those that think that he's getting too much, or that perhaps he shouldn't have been signed at all?  Let me ask all of you a question.  While you're schlepping away at your ordinary, mundane jobs, or even if you have education and a great skill to go with it;  You do realize that you're easily replaceable, right?  I mean, most of us could be replace by the next person to walk through the door, for specialized folk, it may take a few weeks.  The point is, there are simply millions of people capable of doing exactly what you do, for no more money than you cost your employer.  The case with Tyler Eifert is not the same.  He has certain athletic talents and gifts found in only a very minute percentage of people.  The simple fact that by getting himself prepared to even be on the field causes opposing coaches to plan especially for him.  That's worth money.  Sure, he's been often injured.  However, every single time, he's went through the arduous process of surgery and rehab, put in the work to not only get "human healthy", but have himself prepared to play NFL football.

When you're capable of making that great of an impact, in a profession that a very small fraction of 1% of all people are qualified to do?  THEN, you can complain about Tyler Eifert getting $5.2M for showing up, and possibly another $2.5M for staying injury free.

Great Post
Reply/Quote