Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top 100 Players-Joe Burrow
JoeyB is #4 in the NFLN top 100 players behind Mahomes, N Bosa,and Josh Allen.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 09:24 PM)pally Wrote: JoeyB is #4 in the NFLN top 100 players behind Mahomes, N Bosa,and Josh Allen.

Where do you see this? I only see them on #8 right now.

Edit: 8 is Allen.

Edit edit: I bet you were reading the graphic that had LTs top 10. That’s where Burrow is number 4.
Reply/Quote
Burrow at number 6.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, for those who missed it:

10. Chris Jones (#39 last year)
9. Micah Parsons (16)
8. Josh Allen (13)
7. Tyreek Hill (15)
6. Joe Burrow (21)
5. Travis Kelce (10)
4. Nick Bosa (25)
3. Jalen Hurts (N/A)
2. Justin Jefferson (17)
1. Patrick Mahomes (8)

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-100-players-of-2023-nos-10-1-patrick-mahomes-justin-jefferson

Quote:Burrow remains one of the best young quarterbacks in the game, finishing top-five in most major passing categories and placing second in completion percentage (68.3), TDs (35) and passing yards per game (279.7). All this earned Burrow his first Pro Bowl nod and a fourth-place finish in Most Valuable Player voting. Cincinnati is expected to reward his play handsomely with an imminent extension that could put him among the highest-paid at his position.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 11:27 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah, for those who missed it:

9. Micah Parsons (16)
8. Josh Allen (13)
7. Tyreek Hill (15)
6. Joe Burrow (21)
5. Travis Kelce (10)
4. Nick Bosa (25)
3. Jalen Hurts (N/A)
2. Justin Jefferson (17)
1. Patrick Mahomes (8)

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-100-players-of-2023-nos-10-1-patrick-mahomes-justin-jefferson

6 seems reasonable. But unless your a DE like Von Miller the year after won the superbowl I don't think a DE should be that high. The top 5 should pretty much be QBs although I could see putting Justin Jefferson in there or whatever skill player is at the top of the league like him.
Reply/Quote
So you’re telling me….if people had to pick between Hurts and Burrow they’d take Hurts? What a bunch of ***** haters lol

Edit: Yes I know the players voted on this....I think we've seen enough from them (See OBJ's comments today) to know they're also ignorant haters.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't vote Hurts anywhere near that high until he has a 2nd good season. Lamar had a really good MVP season and while he's been good when healthy he's been nowhere near that caliber. I kind of expect a drop off from Hurts this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 02:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I wouldn't vote Hurts anywhere near that high until he has a 2nd good season. Lamar had a really good MVP season and while he's been good when healthy he's been nowhere near that caliber. I kind of expect a drop off from Hurts this season.

Unless injured I dont expect much of a drop off from Jalen Hurts this season. This isnt because I think Hurts is amazing but I do think 4/5ths of his offensive line is a special (exception is the new LG they just drafted out of Alabama). The Eagles have a really stacked offensive roster. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Let’s keep in mind this is about who had the best individual season 2022 not who’s the best player in general. Hurst made it to the superbowl and he statically had one of the best performances. He was 27/ 38 with 304 yards a td with no ints. Hurts also rushed for 3 TDs with a 2 point conversion. Far as the regular season Hurts had 6 ints and Burrow had 12. Burrow had 4,475 yards passing and 35 TDs compared to Hurts 3,701 and 22 TDs. However you have to factor Hurts rushing stats with 13 TDs rushing with over 700 yards rushing. Hurts also missed two games. At the end of the day all that’s matters is championships and that all I’m concerned about far as the Bengals go.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 09:19 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Let’s keep in mind this is about who had the best individual season 2022 not who’s the best player in general. Hurst made it to the superbowl and he statically had one of the best performances. He was 27/ 38 with 304 yards a td with no ints. Hurts also rushed for 3 TDs with a 2 point conversion. Far as the regular season Hurts had 6 ints and Burrow had 12. Burrow had 4,475 yards passing and 35 TDs compared to Hurts 3,701 and 22 TDs. However you have to factor Hurts rushing stats with 13 TDs rushing with over  700 yards rushing. Hurts also missed two games.   At the end of the day all that matters is championships and that all I’m concerned about far as the Bengals go.

Burrow passing+rushing (16 games) - 4732 yards, 40 total TDs. 18 turnovers. 295.75 total YPG
Hurts passing+rushing (15 games) - 4461 yards, 35 total TDs. 15 turnovers. 297.4 total YPG

Hurts had the better OL and RBs though, which helps.

It's extremely close (Burrow slightly higher TDs and turnovers per game), but with any QB who rushes a lot, there will be the concern of durability and eventually losing a step sooner than later. So I think many favor the better passer over the dual threat because of that.
Hurts is thicker than someone like Jackson or RG3 though, so he may end up being able to run more without getting hurt.

Hurts is kind of following a similar path to Josh Allen.
Allen Year 2 - 59% completion for 3089 yards, 20 TDs. 510 rush yards, 9 rush TDs.
Hurts Year 2 - 61% completion for 3144 yards, 16 TDs. 784 rush yards, 10 rush TDs.

Allen Year 3 took a big jump in passing, similar to Hurts. Now, we consider Allen one of the best QBs in the league. Maybe Hurts is on his way to be in the same conversation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 09:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow passing+rushing (16 games) - 4732 yards, 40 total TDs. 18 turnovers. 295.75 total YPG
Hurts passing+rushing (15 games) - 4461 yards, 35 total TDs. 15 turnovers. 297.4 total YPG

Hurts had the better OL and RBs though, which helps.

It's extremely close (Burrow slightly higher TDs and turnovers per game), but with any QB who rushes a lot, there will be the concern of durability and eventually losing a step sooner than later. So I think many favor the better passer over the dual threat because of that.
Hurts is thicker than someone like Jackson or RG3 though, so he may end up being able to run more without getting hurt.

Hurts is kind of following a similar path to Josh Allen.
Allen Year 2 - 59% completion for 3089 yards, 20 TDs. 510 rush yards, 9 rush TDs.
Hurts Year 2 - 61% completion for 3144 yards, 16 TDs. 784 rush yards, 10 rush TDs.

Allen Year 3 took a big jump in passing, similar to Hurts. Now, we consider Allen one of the best QBs in the league. Maybe Hurts is on his way to be in the same conversation.

Overall I prefer Burrow over both. I think with an improved line Burrow will have his best year. Like you mention the rushing ability is a double edged sword. I prefer my QB not to take unnecessary hits. Allen is huge but sometimes he takes big hits just to gain a few yards. Championships will separate them. Hurts benefits from the NFC easier path to the Super Bowl AFC stacked with top end QBs.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 02:05 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I wouldn't vote Hurts anywhere near that high until he has a 2nd good season. Lamar had a really good MVP season and while he's been good when healthy he's been nowhere near that caliber. I kind of expect a drop off from Hurts this season.

Agreed. Burrow took his team to the Super Bowl coming off an ACL tear and he only got #21 the following year. There was some (fair) skepticism that the 2021 Bengals may have been a flash in the pan.

It wasn't until he nearly did it a second time that they gave him the respect of a top 10 placement.

Not sure why that logic doesn't apply to Hurts.

But it's fine. I think Hurts is a top 10 player in the NFL, I would just put Burrow 1 slot above him haha.

As far as Burrow's placement, I think it's a little low. I think he's a better player than Nick Bosa and Jalen Hurts, so I'd put him at #4 overall. So it's not far off. Just a very slight underranking.
Reply/Quote
There's no way I'd put Hurts #3 just yet. He does it again this season then that might be different? Bosa at #4 seems a bit high as well.

I can handle the rest.
Reply/Quote

Louis Riddick pretty much saying everything we are.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 01:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Great vid, thanks Nicomo. Really liked seeing what Chris Jones had to say. Burrow is creepin' up there, he will be #1 one day, maybe 
next year after a Super Bowl victory...

Naturally I think Burrow is 2 or 3 on the list but just more motivation.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 11:27 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah, for those who missed it:

9. Micah Parsons (16)
8. Josh Allen (13)
7. Tyreek Hill (15)
6. Joe Burrow (21)
5. Travis Kelce (10)
4. Nick Bosa (25)
3. Jalen Hurts (N/A)
2. Justin Jefferson (17)
1. Patrick Mahomes (8)

WTH happened to 1-9 from last year? The only one there this year is Mahomes and he was 8. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow behind hurts and Allen is absolutely ********
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 08:15 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Burrow behind hurts and Allen is absolutely ********

He’s not behind Allen.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTH happened to 1-9 from last year? The only one there this year is Mahomes and he was 8. 

Yeah, I guess it makes sense when you look at it. But it's still bizarre how fast these rankings change.

Top 10 from 2022: 

10. Kelce
9.  Jalen Ramsey
8.  Mahomes
7.  Davante Adams
6.  TJ Watt
5.  Jonathan Taylor
4.  Cooper Kupp
3.  Aaron Rodgers
2.  Aaron Donald
1.  Tom Brady
Reply/Quote