Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 2 free agent targets
1. C.j. Mosley. Get Mosley in free agency, and then draft future all pro Devin white from lsu? Jesus.

2. Robbie Gould. Since being cut from the bears 3 years ago he is 82/85, including 30/32 from 50+ yards. Bullock limited range cost us 3 games off the top of my head that I can remember.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. C.j. Mosley. Get Mosley in free agency, and then draft future all pro Devin white from lsu? Jesus.

2. Robbie Gould. Since being cut from the bears 3 years ago he is 82/85, including 30/32 from 50+ yards. Bullock limited range cost us 3 games off the top of my head that I can remember.

didn't we draft a superbowl winning kicker last year?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. C.j. Mosley. Get Mosley in free agency, and then draft future all pro Devin white from lsu? Jesus.

I would love Mosley, but realistically no way Ravens don't franchise him if they don't sign him long term. He won't be available. But KJ Wright may be and I think he should be the target if he is available.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would love Mosley, but realistically no way Ravens don't franchise him if they don't sign him long term. He won't be available. But KJ Wright may be and I think he should be the target if he is available.

Won't the Ravens get a bit of a cap boost, by sending Flacco down the road?  If so, I would completely expect them to retain Mosely on a long term deal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: didn't we draft a superbowl winning kicker last year?

Yeah, but Merv went with the veteran.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Won't the Ravens get a bit of a cap boost, by sending Flacco down the road?  If so, I would completely expect them to retain Mosely on a long term deal.

Yes, but they also inherit a lot of dead money I believe. They put a lot of his cap money (bonuses) into future years.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of getting kJ Wright. I’d look at Malik Jackson too. Will be released by Jacksonville and would be worth a look at the right price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hopefully not Greg Robinson and Rey Maualuga...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, but they also inherit a lot of dead money I believe. They put a lot of his cap money (bonuses) into future years.

Says here, that even with the dead money, they stand to gain 10.5M in cap space by cutting him.

https://overthecap.com/player/joe-flacco/1383/

That is still much better than paying a guy 26M to sit on the bench.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 09:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Says here, that even with the dead money, they stand to gain 10.5M in cap space by cutting him.

https://overthecap.com/player/joe-flacco/1383/

That is still much better than paying a guy 26M to sit on the bench.

Yes, they gain overall, but these sites never factor is they have to add a player (QB likely) to replace Flacco. But, yes great move to get rid of a bad salary Ozzie awarded him, but still lose cap dollars they could have spent on someone if not for a very bad contract by the wizard.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, they gain overall, but these sites never factor is they have to add a player (QB likely) to replace Flacco. But, yes great move to get rid of a bad salary Ozzie awarded him, but still lose cap dollars they could have spent on someone if not for a very bad contract by the wizard.

Didn't they sign on RG III to have a similar backup to Jackson?  My guess is that they would likely just draft a rookie for that practice squad/3rd QB spot.  Looks to me like they'll have 10.5M to put toward signing Mosely, or whatever else that they feel the money would be good for.

We've guffawed at the Flacco contract for years, and for good reason.  Now, I'm not a Ravens fan, but my brother in law is, and I know that he's ecstatic about the Ravens potentially dumping the Flacco contract. (I kinda need to keep track of the Ravens, so we have shit to talk about at family functions..)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't they sign on RG III to have a similar backup to Jackson?  My guess is that they would likely just draft a rookie for that practice squad/3rd QB spot.  Looks to me like they'll have 10.5M to put toward signing Mosely, or whatever else that they feel the money would be good for.

We've guffawed at the Flacco contract for years, and for good reason.  Now, I'm not a Ravens fan, but my brother in law is, and I know that he's ecstatic about the Ravens potentially dumping the Flacco contract. (I kinda need to keep track of the Ravens, so we have shit to talk about at family functions..)

I agree, yes they have a ton of money when they dump Flacco, but if not for the bad contract, they would have had 26 million versus 10.5 million to sign Mosley and others is my point.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, yes they have a ton of money when they dump Flacco, but if not for the bad contract, they would have had 26 million versus 10.5 million to sign Mosley and others is my point.

15.5 wasted.... Wow. That's insane.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Rodger Saffold
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Donovan Smith

Denzel Perryman
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
KJ Wright or Kwon Alexander
Darryl Williams
Reply/Quote
Id also like to sign jason verrett. Kinda like eifert ...great when healthy ...but never healthy. Sign him up to a 1 year prove it deal at reduced rate and see if he can stay healthy for a season.
Reply/Quote
After watching the Pats stomp the Chargers and that solid D. I am all about Trent Brown. He is young and he is a monster.
Reply/Quote