Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 20 Big Board Heading Into Day Two
I will start off by saying Jawaan Taylor and the knee concerns have me taking him off the board. Him sliding out of the 1st round after being talked about by every analyst as a top 10 pick says a lot.

This is my personal list for the players I would target/like for the Bengals and not what I think their Board would look like.

1. AJ Brown - I don't think WR is this big of a need but this guy is a really good player that I thought would go toward the bottom of the 1st so if he falls to #42 I would snag him.

2. Byron Murphy - My favorite CB in the entire draft. Would be a good replacement for Dennard when he isn't re-signed next year. He also would play early on this year somewhere.

3. Dalton Risner - Even with Williams I wouldn't pass on the versatility of Risner. He has been an ideal target at #42 for me through this entire process. If they don't double down though at Offensive Line I completely understand that.

4. Cody Ford - Not as versatile as Risner in my opinion but could be a RG or RT. Picking him or Risner could give you Tackles for the next 10 years.

5. Greedy Williams - Has all the physical traits but it doesn't always show up in games. Needs to become more consistent but talent is there.

6. Parris Campbell - Has been mentioned by Lapham and Dehner lately a lot so he is certainly a player to watch for. If the Bengals select him I am sure they have a plan in place for how they want to get him the ball and it would put John Ross on notice.

7. Drew Lock - A guy I wanted the Bengals to stay away from at #11 because of his accuracy issues on tape. I do think he is worth the gamble at #42 and that would allow him time to develop behind Dalton.

8. DK Metcalf - Great straight line speed but needs to work on his overall game.

9. Dre'Mont Jones - Not as good of a player as Oliver and Wilkins but he is up near the top of the next tier of pass rushing Defensive Tackles.

10. Deebo Samuel - Great route runner and hands. I am glad the Steelers don't have a second round pick to take him.

11. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - A player I like a lot and one that would be much higher on my board if it wasn't for already liking the Safeties on the roster. He can flat out play though so I trust he would find his way on the field somewhere.

12. Blake Cashman - Hopefully he slides til our pick in the 3rd round because I would love to have him or Pratt with pick 72. However, I had Cashman as my second favorite Linebacker during this process after Devin White so I would be happy with him at pick 42 personally.

13. Rock Ya-Sin - Hard hitting CB that would round out the secondary.

14. Irv Smith - Doesn't have prototypical size but his tape is really good. He can block and catch the ball so I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd.

15. Juan Thornhill - Similar thoughts as CGJ above at 11.

16. Chase Winovich - I am not as high on Jaylon Ferguson or Jachai Polite and their tape as some are. Winovich is just flat out productive and plays with a reckless style that is just fun to watch.

17. Will Grier - I would like Grier if he slides until the 3rd round. I think he is the perfect backup for this team and Dalton is injured quite a bit.

18. Mack Wilson - If we trade down from pick #42 about 10 spots or so then I think Wilson could have a chance to be the pick. He is solid but not spectacular by any means.

19. Terry McLaurin - Another player I wouldn't target at #42 but possibly in a trade down. His deep play ability would be a nice addition to this team.

20. Te'Von Coney - I know he didn't test that well but his tape was outstanding. I actually had him as my #3 linebacker just based on tape right after Devin White and Cashman and above Devin Bush.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:57 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I will start off by saying Jawaan Taylor and the knee concerns have me taking him off the board. Him sliding out of the 1st round after being talked about by every analyst as a top 10 pick says a lot.

This is my personal list for the players I would target/like for the Bengals and not what I think their Board would look like.

1. AJ Brown - I don't think WR is this big of a need but this guy is a really good player that I thought would go toward the bottom of the 1st so if he falls to #42 I would snag him.

2. Byron Murphy - My favorite CB in the entire draft. Would be a good replacement for Dennard when he isn't re-signed next year. He also would play early on this year somewhere.

3. Dalton Risner - Even with Williams I wouldn't pass on the versatility of Risner. He has been an ideal target at #42 for me through this entire process. If they don't double down though at Offensive Line I completely understand that.

4. Cody Ford - Not as versatile as Risner in my opinion but could be a RG or RT. Picking him or Risner could give you Tackles for the next 10 years.

5. Greedy Williams - Has all the physical traits but it doesn't always show up in games. Needs to become more consistent but talent is there.

6. Parris Campbell - Has been mentioned by Lapham and Dehner lately a lot so he is certainly a player to watch for. If the Bengals select him I am sure they have a plan in place for how they want to get him the ball and it would put John Ross on notice.

7. Drew Lock - A guy I wanted the Bengals to stay away from at #11 because of his accuracy issues on tape. I do think he is worth the gamble at #42 and that would allow him time to develop behind Dalton.

8. DK Metcalf - Great straight line speed but needs to work on his overall game.

9. Dre'Mont Jones - Not as good of a player as Oliver and Wilkins but he is up near the top of the next tier of pass rushing Defensive Tackles.

10. Deebo Samuel - Great route runner and hands. I am glad the Steelers don't have a second round pick to take him.

11. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - A player I like a lot and one that would be much higher on my board if it wasn't for already liking the Safeties on the roster. He can flat out play though so I trust he would find his way on the field somewhere.

12. Blake Cashman - Hopefully he slides til our pick in the 3rd round because I would love to have him or Pratt with pick 72. However, I had Cashman as my second favorite Linebacker during this process after Devin White so I would be happy with him at pick 42 personally.

14. Irv Smith - Doesn't have prototypical size but his tape is really good. He can block and catch the ball so I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd.

16. Chase Winovich - I am not as high on Jaylon Ferguson or Jachai Polite and their tape as some are. Winovich is just flat out productive and plays with a reckless style that is just fun to watch.

17. Will Grier - I would like Grier if he slides until the 3rd round. I think he is the perfect backup for this team and Dalton is injured quite a bit.

18. Mack Wilson - If we trade down from pick #42 about 10 spots or so then I think Wilson could have a chance to be the pick. He is solid but not spectacular by any means.

19. Terry McLaurin - Another player I wouldn't target at #42 but possibly in a trade down. His deep play ability would be a nice addition to this team.

20. Te'Von Coney - I know he didn't test that well but his tape was outstanding. I actually had him as my #3 linebacker just based on tape right after Devin White and Cashman and above Devin Bush.

No to Cashman.  History of shoulder problems is not the way to go into NFL as backer.  Feel sorry for him.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So it looks like sitting where they are at they will still get a mid to late 1st grade OL or DB at 42. They need to look really hard at two of the options you covered.

LB is a gaping hole and unless they pull of a trade or sign a vet right now they may have to look into dealing down to where the talent fits the need and get an extra 4th.

We have some great QB minds on the staff, you have to consider the upside of Lock sitting a year. Dalton will be going into his last year by then and then and even if you like him you have to protect yourself. I'd look into dealing a 4th if he's there after the first few picks.
Reply/Quote
Irv Smith or Bryan Murphy for me.
Reply/Quote
I'd stay away from the guys with physical tools that don't put it together on the field.
Reply/Quote
Rumor is Murphy will be the pick at #33 so probably won't get a crack at him. Lots of talent still on the board though.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:57 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I will start off by saying Jawaan Taylor and the knee concerns have me taking him off the board. Him sliding out of the 1st round after being talked about by every analyst as a top 10 pick says a lot.

Man, lots of great players i would be happy with. I just don't find Receiver to be a need. I see Ross coming into his own this year, he did have 7 TD's last year and shown that he can stay healthy for a stretch. Boyd was great. I want Irv Smith or a RG if we go Offense. Would love Risner or Ford.

Good point on Coney, like him a lot but i like Germaine Pratt even better who you did not list.

Winovich is the guy i take if we go End at 42, love that guys heart, reminds me of Clay Matthews.
Reply/Quote
Please no Metcalf.
Reply/Quote
Dalton Risner would be my choice in the second round because I think he has the type of character and physical traits this team needs. If you have a chance to get a guy that can play multiple positions along the offensive line then I think you need to double down. I liked him in college but when I saw the piece that the NFL Network did about him working with kids who have cancer and who have disabilities and the elderly just made me want him more on this team. I don't think you are going to find a better character guy in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Taylor didn't miss a start at UF. This knee stuff is overblown. He would be a fantastic pick if he's still there at 42.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:58 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: Dalton Risner would be my choice in the second round because I think he has the type of character and physical traits this team needs. If you have a chance to get a guy that can play multiple positions along the offensive line then I think you need to double down. I liked him in college but when I saw the piece that the NFL Network did about him working with kids who have cancer and who have disabilities and the elderly just made me want him more on this team. I don't think you are going to find a better character guy in the draft.

Good point on Risner, just doubt he makes it past Denver but would love it if he did and we picked him.

I like Ford too though, a lot.

(04-26-2019, 04:18 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Taylor didn't miss a start at UF. This knee stuff is overblown. He would be a fantastic pick if he's still there at 42.

How come i didn't hear about the knee injury until the Draft? Bogus. I wanted him at 11, would be ecstatic to get him at 42 if indeed what you say that the knee stuff is overblown. Glenn gets injured often and Jonah can play both Tackle spots.
Reply/Quote