Will Hernndez

RD 3:
Harrison Phillips
Frank Ragnow
Maea Teuhema
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:06 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Rd1.

Derwin James s fsu

Roquan Smith lb Georgia

Billy price c/g osu.

Rd2

Orlando brown ot Oklahoma

Will hernandez g utep

Frank rangow c/g Arkansas

Rd3

Isiah Wynn c/g/ot Georgia

Jamarco Jones ot osu

Mason Rudolph qb osu

Bonus Mike gesecki te PSU.

Out of this list:
  1. R. Smith
  2. Brown
  3. Wynn
it's close between Brown and Hernandez.   I would Prefer Hernandez but I don't think the Bengals would do it.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: RD 1:
Quenton Nelson
Mike McGlinchey
Roquon Smith

RD 2:
Marcus Allen
Da'Ron Payne
Will Hernndez

RD 3:
Harrison Phillips
Frank Ragnow
Maea Teuhema
If Nelson is there at 12 you have to grab him but I think he will be gone.  WTS, with this list:

1. Roquon Smith
  2. Will Hernandez 
  3. Frank Ragnow
Da'Ron Payne would be tempting.  May be hard to pass up if he is there in round 2 but I think he will be long gone.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Nelson is there at 12 you have to grab him but I think he will be gone.  WTS, with this list:

1. Roquon Smith
  2. Will Hernandez 
  3. Frank Ragnow
Da'Ron Payne would be tempting.  May be hard to pass up if he is there in round 2 but I think he will be long gone.  

I'm waiting till next year for pass rushing dt. Specifically Trenton Thompson out of Georgia. Dude looks like college Geno. But either way there's 5-6 elite pass rushing DTS next year. As far as Nelson goes, he has a very very serious technical flaw that makes me want to stay away from him as I don't believe we can coach him out of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm waiting till next year for pass rushing dt. Specifically Trenton Thompson out of Georgia. Dude looks like college Geno. But either way there's 5-6 elite pass rushing DTS next year. As far as Nelson goes, he has a very very serious technical flaw that makes me want to stay away from him as I don't believe we can coach him out of it.

I can't find anybody who says he has more than minor, fixable flaws.  They all do agree on at least two things--he is likely a top 10 pick and most certainly the first G taken.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm waiting till next year for pass rushing dt. Specifically Trenton Thompson out of Georgia. Dude looks like college Geno. But either way there's 5-6 elite pass rushing DTS next year. As far as Nelson goes, he has a very very serious technical flaw that makes me want to stay away from him as I don't believe we can coach him out of it.

we need a run stuffing DT way more than a pass rushing DT..
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: As far as Nelson goes, he has a very very serious technical flaw that makes me want to stay away from him as I don't believe we can coach him out of it.

Yea, I don't see it. He is going to need to be more consistent in pass blocking, however his run blocking makes him a day one starter wherever he goes. If he was playing Tackle I'd be concerned but as a Guard he will be fine.
Reply/Quote

hahahahahha
Nelson is ranked very high on every BIG board I see but you dog him constantly....

did he do something bad to you.........?   Smack

I bet he doesn't even make it out of the top 10....
seems the 49-ers want him to block for their new QB Jimmy G....
maybe you should warn them about his very, very, bad flaw .....
hahahahahahaha...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote:  As far as Nelson goes, he has a very very serious technical flaw that makes me want to stay away from him as I don't believe we can coach him out of it.

Exactly which very, very serious technical flaw would that be?

Are you talking about his bad habit of leaving cleat prints on the chests of opponents, after he runs them over?  Yeah, that's pretty serious.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:50 AM)McC Wrote: I can't find anybody who says he has more than minor, fixable flaws.  They all do agree on at least two things--he is likely a top 10 pick and most certainly the first G taken.
He has fixable flaws yes. But do u believe in our coaching staff to fix those flaws?
(01-12-2018, 03:38 AM)pulses Wrote: we need a run stuffing DT way more than a pass rushing DT..
True. Problem is we have 2 rookies who played OK. Need to see what they can do. Vita vea ran a 4.81 40 though. In fine with him. At 345 pounds
(01-12-2018, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, I don't see it. He is going to need to be more consistent in pass blocking, however his run blocking makes him a day one starter wherever he goes. If he was playing Tackle I'd be concerned but as a Guard he will be fine.
Yeah he's a great prospect. But my problem with him is about the flaws he has that will make him less effective at the next level.
(01-12-2018, 05:39 PM)Steve Wrote: hahahahahha
Nelson is ranked very high on every BIG board I see but you dog him constantly....

did he do something bad to you.........?   Smack

I bet he doesn't even make it out of the top 10....
seems the 49-ers want him to block for their new QB Jimmy G....
maybe you should warn them about his very, very, bad flaw .....
hahahahahahaha...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
BC he has obvious flaws that can't be fixed by Bengals staff. And having him as 1b in my guard rankings is somehow dogging him?
(01-12-2018, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly which very, very serious technical flaw would that be?

Are you talking about his bad habit of leaving cleat prints on the chests of opponents, after he runs them over?  Yeah, that's pretty serious.
He's an amazing I mean amazing prospect. But he has a really really bad habit of getting on the outside shoulders with his hands as opposed to the inside but u don't tell BC he uses him brute strength to destroy the defender and nobody pays attention. But that's a habit thing that's hard to fix and he won't be able to use his brute strength against the grown men in the NFL and will get blown backwards more often than not BC of this flaw unless he can fix it. If I thought our coaching staff could fix it I'd be all for him. But I don't believe we can.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote:  But he has a really really bad habit of getting on the outside shoulders with his hands as opposed to the inside but u don't tell BC he uses him brute strength to destroy the defender and nobody pays attention. But that's a habit thing that's hard to fix

You're right that it's a habit thing.  But, it is something that can be fixed, and it's much easier than one might think.  His coach will simply rig up a sling attaching wrist to wrist, and only allowing the hands to come 12" apart.  Once he goes through a few weeks of drills and practices like that, he'll change his habits.

The "handcuff" technique works not only to teach a player to keep the hands inside the shoulder pads, but also forces them to keep tail swung to direct forward force, rather then reaching.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Nelson is there at 12 you have to grab him but I think he will be gone.  WTS, with this list:

1. Roquon Smith
  2. Will Hernandez 
  3. Frank Ragnow

I actually think Smith will go before Nelson.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're right that it's a habit thing.  But, it is something that can be fixed, and it's much easier than one might think.  His coach will simply rig up a sling attaching wrist to wrist, and only allowing the hands to come 12" apart.  Once he goes through a few weeks of drills and practices like that, he'll change his habits.

The "handcuff" technique works not only to teach a player to keep the hands inside the shoulder pads, but also forces them to keep tail swung to direct forward force, rather then reaching.

That's my point though. Do u trust our coaches to be smart enough to do that. I don't. If I did I'd be like sure get Nelson. But I don't so I'm not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:26 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That's my point though. Do u trust our coaches to be smart enough to do that. I don't. If I did I'd be like sure get Nelson. But I don't so I'm not.

I don't know, but I've observed that training technique twice in my lifetime.  First was in HS, then later when I played adult Semi-Pro ball.  Both times, it worked rather well.  I'd hate to think that our HS OL coach and a washed up former HS coach that was coaching grown men for free were the only two guys in the football coaching universe that ever thought of that idea..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, but I've observed that training technique twice in my lifetime.  First was in HS, then later when I played adult Semi-Pro ball.  Both times, it worked rather well.  I'd hate to think that our HS OL coach and a washed up former HS coach that was coaching grown men for free were the only two guys in the football coaching universe that ever thought of that idea..

Yeah. Ppl get on me for ragging on Nelson but it's not Nelson so much as the coaches. Bc IF our coaches can't fix that or are to stupid to fix that, that is a career killer type of habit. But like I said if u believe in the coaches then do it. I just have some worries.
Reply/Quote
+I want Nelson in rd # 1 but think he'll go no lower than #9 to SF
they want him to protect Jimmy G.

so i'll just go w/ what I think is likely to happen...

pick # 12 James

pick # 46  OT Connor Williams  texas

pick # 77  take the best OC on the board....
Bradley Bozeman 6' 5" 319 from Alabama
or Ragnow out of Arkansas

this makes sense to me.....logical.....
a sound path.....
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:50 AM)Steve Wrote: +I want Nelson in rd # 1 but think he'll go no lower than #9 to SF
they want him to protect Jimmy G.

so i'll just go w/ what I think is likely to happen...

pick # 12 James

pick # 46  OT Connor Williams  texas

pick # 77  take the best OC on the board....
Bradley Bozeman 6' 5" 319 from Alabama
or Ragnow out of Arkansas

this makes sense to me.....logical.....
a sound path.....
Williams going top 10. Lock that.
Reply/Quote
Quenton Nelson is alright..he owns guys when he locks up with them, but when it comes to pull blocking he's not very athletic. He can't pick up the guys cause he's slow. But hes definitely strong. I would take him at 12 if hes there, but if hes not then we need to go with Orlando Brown if he's ranked that high come draft time. I've seen Brown range from top 10 to the 2nd round so it's kind of hard to tell. If Brown isn't there or ranked at the in end of the first then we should go BPA..which I think should be WR Calvin Ridley or QB Josh Allen.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 02:15 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Quenton Nelson is alright..he owns guys when he locks up with them, but when it comes to pull blocking he's not very athletic. He can't pick up the guys cause he's slow. But hes definitely strong. I would take him at 12 if hes there, but if hes not then we need to go with Orlando Brown if he's ranked that high come draft time. I've seen Brown range from top 10 to the 2nd round so it's kind of hard to tell. If Brown isn't there or ranked at the in end of the first then we should go BPA..which I think should be WR Calvin Ridley or QB Josh Allen.
Ridley ain't even in top 3 wrs. And Allen too inconsistent. If we go qb Rudolph over Allen. And if we go we sutton/Miller/Washington over Ridley.
Reply/Quote