Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 targets top 3 rounds
(01-13-2018, 02:24 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ridley ain't even in top 3 wrs. And Allen too inconsistent. If we go qb Rudolph over Allen. And if we go we sutton/Miller/Washington over Ridley.

looks like the QB who's rising now is Jackson out of Louisville....
if i needed a qb i'd pick him
strong arm & can run very fast...
as a matter of fact if we pick him at #12 i'd be fine w/ it....but we'd have to trade McCarron or A.D.

pls no WR's in rd #1....or befor rd #5 imo....
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Williams going top 10. Lock that.

You were all about Connor Williams not being good and having to switch to guard not even a month ago. What changed for you that you now think he's a top 10 lock?
And he won't be a top 10 lock if people think he has to switch to guard because he's not very experienced at guard.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm waiting till next year for pass rushing dt. Specifically Trenton Thompson out of Georgia. Dude looks like college Geno. But either way there's 5-6 elite pass rushing DTS next year. As far as Nelson goes, he has a very very serious technical flaw that makes me want to stay away from him as I don't believe we can coach him out of it.

Trenton Thompson is in this years draft, not next years. He was widely expected to declare this year and just did a few days ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 03:46 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Trenton Thompson is in this years draft, not next years. He was widely expected to declare this year and just did a few days ago.

Really thought he'd go back he needed another year.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 10:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You were all about Connor Williams not being good and having to switch to guard not even a month ago. What changed for you that you now think he's a top 10 lock?
And he won't be a top 10 lock if people think he has to switch to guard because he's not very experienced at guard.

What I think doesn't matter. People think he had a great end of year and they'll draft him. At tackle he'll be an above average tackle. at guard he'll be better.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 05:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What I think doesn't matter. People think he had a great end of year and they'll draft him. At tackle he'll be an above average tackle. at guard he'll be better.

Who are these "people"?

Are they the same people who said this . . .

(12-04-2017, 10:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Most scouts on teams see Connor Williams as a late day 2 early day 3 pick.

Now the people who thought he is a Day 2 or 3 prospect suddenly think he is a top 10 lock?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 06:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who are these "people"?

Now the people who thought he is a Day 2 or 3 prospect suddenly think he is a top 10 lock?

So..... When are u gonna stop being a troll? That was posted before he came back from.injury, as I have told u multiple times now.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 10:36 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So..... When are u gonna stop being a troll? That was posted before he came back from.injury, as I have told u multiple times now.

So quoting what you posted on 12/4/17 after Texas' season ended is trolling? Sorry, but telling someone Conner Williams is a 2nd or 3rd day prospect in December then in January claiming he is a top 10 lock is trolling.

Have you ever heard of the Double Dragon? That's when you have diarrhea and vomiting at the same time. And you're making that awful vomiting sound so you kinda sound like you're bellowing like a dragon. You know what I'm talking about? Yeah, you know.

That reminds me of you. You're so full of shit it's coming out both ends at the same time. You've elevated it to an art form; like a martial art. Matter of fact, you should change your screen name to Sensei Double Dragon because you are to the Double Dragon what Bruce "The Dragon" Lee was to Jeet Kune Do.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 06:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who are these "people"?

I'm assuming he was going off of Walter Football saying on his site that....
Walter Football Wrote:As we reported in the Hot Press, Williams was receiving some mid-round grades from evaluators this season. The main issue that sources said was hurting Williams is a lack of strength. One AFC team in need of tackle help said they gave him a late third-round, early fourth-round grade.

Read more at https://walterfootball.com/draft2018OT.php#ke0qyYjXCOtqkbRQ.99

Yet nfldraftscout.com has Connor Williams listed at #10 overall
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top1000.php?draftyear=2018

If so, my response would be to just say that rather than calling someone a troll. Or at least admit his opinion changed over the course of the season as further analysis was done.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm assuming he was going off of Walter Football saying on his site that....

Yet nfldraftscout.com has Connor Williams listed at #10 overall
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top1000.php?draftyear=2018

If so, my response would be to just say that rather than calling someone a troll. Or at least admit his opinion changed over the course of the season as further analysis was done.

That's the point. I have. On multiple different threads.  But he still brings it up. Just for reference.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So quoting what you posted on 12/4/17 after Texas' season ended is trolling?  Sorry, but telling someone Conner Williams is a 2nd or 3rd day prospect in December then in January claiming he is a top 10 lock is trolling.

Have you ever heard of the Double Dragon?  That's when you have diarrhea and vomiting at the same time. And you're making that awful vomiting sound so you kinda sound like you're bellowing like a dragon. You know what I'm talking about?  Yeah, you know.

That reminds me of you. You're so full of shit it's coming out both ends at the same time. You've elevated it to an art form; like a martial art. Matter of fact, you should change your screen name to Sensei Double Dragon because you are to the Double Dragon what Bruce "The Dragon" Lee was to Jeet Kune Do.

And since then I have told u that that article was posted before he came back from injury, and new reports came out that he was a top 10 player and I have seen that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:14 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That's the point. I have. On multiple different threads.  But he still brings it up. Just for reference.

Sorry, but I don't recall you explicitly saying that either. Can you provide an example on some posts? It just takes a quick multi-quote. You know where you've stated things much better than I recall where you stated things, otherwise I'd do it myself.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sorry, but I don't recall you explicitly saying that either. Can you provide an example on some posts? It just takes a quick multi-quote. You know where you've stated things much better than I recall where you stated things, otherwise I'd do it myself.

(01-02-2018, 02:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you draft a player at #12 who you tell others won't be drafted until Day 2 or 3 of the draft?  Makes as much sense as claiming Mason Rudolph is the best QB in this draft and mocking him in the 5th, 3rd, and 2nd rounds.

Just for shits and giggles, list the team scouts who think Connor Williams won't be drafted until the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft.

(01-02-2018, 05:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It's from Walter football ur welcome to try it out. And that was my fault as that article was posted before he came back when all people were talking about was he has super slow feet. But I think he'll be a amazing guard which slow feet don't matter as much. And u keep bringing up Rudolph. My opinion is not how it her teams feel. And player projections vary wildly. Wjiii was looked at as a late second rounder near end of season.
It's from. My new years mock draft. And I guess I didn't actually say I've watched more tape.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It's from. My new years mock draft. And I guess I didn't actually say I've watched more tape.

Ok I remember that now, but that's only one half. Did you also state your evidence why now you think Williams was a top 10 pick? Because I don't see that referenced.
And I'll reiterate this again...provide actual links. Providing the links will help give credibility to your statements and help others quickly find what you are talking about.
Saying something generic like "It's on Walter Football" may not help someone find what you are talking about. You would have had to say "It's on Walter Football mentioned on Connor Williams in their OT rankings" to give someone a better idea of where to go once at the site. A direct link is always the best option.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ok I remember that now, but that's only one half. Did you also state your evidence why now you think Williams was a top 10 pick? Because I don't see that referenced.
And I'll reiterate this again...provide actual links. Providing the links will help give credibility to your statements and help others quickly find what you are talking about.
Saying something generic like "It's on Walter Football" may not help someone find what you are talking about. You would have had to say "It's on Walter Football mentioned on Connor Williams in their OT rankings" to give someone a better idea of where to go once at the site. A direct link is always the best option.

He claimed most team scouts view Conner Williams as 2nd or 3rd Day prospect on 12/14/17. It turned out to be one, not most. Anonymously.

He claimed he wrote that early in the season. He posted it after Texas' season ended.

He tells everyone to watch the tape and not listen to the talking heads. Now he is posting talking head's opinions to back up his claims instead of watching the tape.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 05:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He claimed most team scouts view Conner Williams as 2nd or 3rd Day prospect on 12/14/17. It turned out to be one, not most. Anonymously.

He claimed he wrote that early in the season. He posted it after Texas' season ended.

He tells everyone to watch the tape and not listen to the talking heads. Now he is posting talking head's opinions to back up his claims instead of watching the tape.
I never said I wrote that. I said Walter football wrote that. Even told u to look it up urself.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 09:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I never said I wrote that. I said Walter football wrote that. Even told u to look it up urself.

Really? That's your story and you're sticking to it? Well, why don't we "watch the tape" as you're fond of telling people?

(12-04-2017, 10:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The problem.is there is no top left tackle in this draft. Most scouts on teams see Connor Williams as a late day 2 early day 3 pick. Trey Adams isn't coming out and mcglichey can't handle a speed rushers to save his life. So no left tackles are in this draft. And norwell is a guard not left tackle. Just nobody in the draft is a top left tackle.

There's your quote. No mention of Walter football. No mention of Walter football in the entire thread. None.

You're even full of shit about being full of shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Really?  That's your story and you're sticking to it?  Well, why don't we "watch the tape" as you're fond of telling people?

There's your quote. No mention of Walter football. No mention of Walter football in the entire thread. None.

You're even full of shit about being full of shit.
Lol if anyone is a troll or full of shit it's you. At this point I'm so fed up with u being an idiot I'm not replying to ur idiot self after this. 
(01-02-2018, 05:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: It's from Walter football ur welcome to try it out. And that was my fault as that article was posted before he came back when all people were talking about was he has super slow feet. But I think he'll be a amazing guard which slow feet don't matter as much. And u keep bringing up Rudolph. My opinion is not how it her teams feel. And player projections vary wildly. Wjiii was looked at as a late second rounder near end of season.

(01-02-2018, 01:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Just look at Walter football
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 06:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol if anyone is a troll or full of shit it's you. At this point I'm so fed up with u being an idiot I'm not replying to ur idiot self after this. 

And that was a month later in another thread. Both statements regarding Wiiliams' draft stock were made after their season was finished and Williams didn't play in the bowl game. So apparently Williams went from a day three prospect to a top 10 lock in a month despite not playing another down to put on tape for you to tell others to watch for themselves.

To summarize for your benefit:

In December, you claimed Williams isn't a top tackle.

In January, you claimed Williams is a top 10 lock.

Between your December and January statements, Williams played exactly zero snaps to change your opinion, but despite his complete lack of play you inexplicably proclaim he went from a day 3 prospect to a top 10 lock. Now how does that happen?

If I were you, I'd stop responding, too.
Reply/Quote
Personally, after the whole Cedric Ogbuehi debacle, I think that it would be foolhardy for the Bengals to even consider Connor Williams in the draft, let alone the 1st round. That's just my opinion, but i guess some others have short memories.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote