Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 4 in draft so far thoughts
1. Tua Tagovailoa QB....76 percent completion rate, 23 TD's, 0 int's.

2. Chase Young DE....5 games, 8 sacks, 8 1/2 TFL

3. Justin Herbert QB...could have been number 1 pick last year, so for now he is in the mix. 74 percent, 14 TD's, 0 ints

4. Andrew Thomas OT...seems to be consensus top lineman

Outside candidates

Joe Burrow QB....80 percent completion rate, 17 TD's, 2 ints
Derrick Brown DT...stats don't really show his dominance, but he's a force....13 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks
Jerry Jeudy WR...38 catches, 488 yards, 6 TD's on a team where the ball is shared
Jeffrey Okudah DB...3 passes broken up, 16 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 3 ints.

Don't count them out yet, could move up
Kristian Fulton DB...5 passes broken up, 10 tackles
Grant Delpit S...16 tackles, 1 1/2 TFL, 1 pass broken up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Outside Candidates:

Jacob Eason
Jordon Love
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:41 AM)Goalpost Wrote: 1.  Tua Tagovailoa QB....76 percent completion rate, 23 TD's, 0 int's.

2.  Chase Young DE....5 games, 8 sacks, 8 1/2 TFL

3.  Justin Herbert QB...could have been number 1 pick last year, so for now he is in the mix. 74 percent, 14 TD's, 0 ints

4.  Andrew Thomas OT...seems to be consensus top lineman

Outside candidates

Joe Burrow QB....80 percent completion rate, 17 TD's, 2 ints
Derrick Brown DT...stats don't really show his dominance, but he's a force....13 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks
Jerry Jeudy WR...38 catches, 488 yards, 6 TD's on a team where the ball is shared
Jeffrey Okudah DB...3 passes broken up, 16 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 3 ints.

Don't count them out yet, could move up
Kristian Fulton DB...5 passes broken up, 10 tackles
Grant Delpit S...16 tackles, 1 1/2 TFL, 1 pass broken up

Chase young is the only one good enough to be taken that high.  And I don't think we'll pick high enough for him.  We always manage to start winning at the end of disastrous seasons.  

I see Young as the # 1 pick over all.   I don't really trust any of the QBs to be as close to a can't miss prospect.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:40 PM)3wt Wrote: Chase young is the only one good enough to be taken that high.  And I don't think we'll pick high enough for him.  We always manage to start winning at the end of disastrous seasons.  

I see Young as the # 1 pick over all.   I don't really trust any of the QBs to be as close to a can't miss prospect.

I agree with everything you are saying except that we won't be picking high enough for him.  The top picks will be QBs.  Miami will take one and then someone will either take one at 2 or trade out and the next  team will take one.

If we are sitting 2 or 3, we'll have a shot.  I just can't see us going on the "dead cat bounce" with the line as bad as it is.
Reply/Quote
First round has to be offense IMO.
QB, OT, or WR.
For QB, I like Tagovailoa the most (I like highly accurate QBs).
Getting Thomas or Chase Young would make me ecstatic.
I think WR becomes a priority again with Ross and Green facing injuries yet again and Green potentially going elsewhere after this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Isaiah Simmons will be in the discussion he fits at two positions SS and as a LB. Most versatile defensive player in this draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Isaiah Simmons will be in the discussion he fits at two positions SS and as a LB. Most versatile defensive player in this draft.

Derwin James was a much better prospect and he wasn't top 10. You aren't using a top 5 pick (presumbly) on a safety outside of a guy like Troy P. 

With that said I don't trust a decent amount of these QB's but it is early. Someone is going to fall for Justin Herbert and you are going to get a system QB who wilts in big games. I actually like Sam Ehlinger a lot if he comes out. He is what Josh Allen would be if Allen was accurate. If he leaves, he will leave as a 3 year starter who got considerably more accurate each season. He has a powerful arm and is a big bodied guy who will run over defenders when he needs to pick up a couple yards. 

I have only rewatched the LSU game so far but it's a really solid game for him, even in a loss. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 08:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: Derwin James was a much better prospect and he wasn't top 10. You aren't using a top 5 pick (presumbly) on a safety outside of a guy like Troy P. 

With that said I don't trust a decent amount of these QB's but it is early. Someone is going to fall for Justin Herbert and you are going to get a system QB who wilts in big games. I actually like Sam Ehlinger a lot if he comes out. He is what Josh Allen would be if Allen was accurate. If he leaves, he will leave as a 3 year starter who got considerably more accurate each season. He has a powerful arm and is a big bodied guy who will run over defenders when he needs to pick up a couple yards. 

I have only rewatched the LSU game so far but it's a really solid game for him, even in a loss. 

1.) Derwin James would have been a top 5 pick if they were not medical concerns on him.
2.) Isaiah Simmons is a bigger, Quicker, and Faster version of James.
3.)Why not?  He is going to give you what Kam Chancellor did in Seattle.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) Derwin James would have been a top 5 pick if they were not medical concerns on him.
2.) Isaiah Simmons is a bigger, Quicker, and Faster version of James.
3.)Why not?  He is going to give you what Kam Chancellor did in Seattle.

Kam Chancellor was one of the last big hitters. He got away with a lot of hits that are flags and fines today. There were no medical concerns on James heading into the draft, there was an ACL as a sophomore but that isn't knocking a guy with no additional issues in the season proceeding the draft. The knock was he missed a lot of tackles for whatever reason and his man coverage was not quite up to par.

Simmons could be good, but he is not a top 5 pick type player. If a team loves him as an undersized elite coverage MLB maybe he goes in the 5-9 range, but that would be a big ask at his current weight. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Kam Chancellor was one of the last big hitters. He got away with a lot of hits that are flags and fines today. There were no medical concerns on James heading into the draft, there was an ACL as a sophomore but that isn't knocking a guy with no additional issues in the season proceeding the draft. The knock was he missed a lot of tackles for whatever reason and his man coverage was not quite up to par.

Simmons could be good, but he is not a top 5 pick type player. If a team loves him as an undersized elite coverage MLB maybe he goes in the 5-9 range, but that would be a big ask at his current weight. 

Bush & White went in the top 10 then Simmons definitely will. IDK what position he plays in the pros but if he continues the season he is having & has the Combine of an Elite Athlete( which I have no doubts he will) then he will be  top 5 or close to it.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Bush & White went in the top 10 then Simmons definitely will. IDK what position he plays in the pros but if he continues the season he is having & has the Combine of an Elite Athlete( which I have no doubts he will) then he will be  top 5 or close to it.

We will see how the QB class shakes out, I have a feeling this could end up like the 2018 class where there are a bunch of QB's people grade differently but highly so there is a run of them early. 
Reply/Quote
I understand Chase Young has talent but my goodness if the Cincinnati Bengals take him over an offensive tackle people will go nuts here
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 04:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I understand Chase Young has talent but my goodness if the Cincinnati Bengals take him over an offensive tackle people will go nuts here

Yeah but that shouldn't have a factor either way. I think the Bengals should address O-Line in free agency instead of waiting for it in the draft.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:58 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yeah but that shouldn't have a factor either way. I think the Bengals should address O-Line in free agency instead of waiting for it in the draft.

Like they did with Jerry and Miller?  There are no really good FA O-Line, at least no real OT.  They have to get one in the draft, if not Thomas, then maybe Austin Jackson from USC.  He looked really good so far.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
For what it's worth, Kiper has Simmons number 9 on his list. I had him just outside of the top 10 so think he is worthy of debate. I believe he is a linebacker but some sites do project him in the NFL as a safety.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 01:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: For what it's worth, Kiper has Simmons number 9 on his list.  I had him just outside of the top 10 so think he is worthy of debate.  I believe he is a linebacker but some sites do project him in the NFL as a safety.

Honestly in today's NFL he is either or; with the way we are playing Williams at safety which is essentially a linebacker then I think you can play Simmons there no problem.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 01:57 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Like they did with Jerry and Miller?  There are no really good FA O-Line, at least no real OT.  They have to get one in the draft, if not Thomas, then maybe Austin Jackson from USC.  He looked really good so far.

I mean Jerry was a backup and Miller was having a good season until last Monday.
Also Castonzo, Bulaga, and Williams would be nice at RT.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: First round has to be offense IMO.
QB, OT, or WR.
For QB, I like Tagovailoa the most (I like highly accurate QBs).
Getting Thomas or Chase Young would make me ecstatic.
I think WR becomes a priority again with Ross and Green facing injuries yet again and Green potentially going elsewhere after this season.

If you like highly accurate QBs, then you should love Joe Burrow.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 04:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I understand Chase Young has talent but my goodness if the Cincinnati Bengals take him over an offensive tackle people will go nuts here

Hmm, I don't know, Doc.  The Bengals DL stars are showing their age.  I could seriously rally behind trading a guy like Carlos Dunlap to a true contender, and putting a guy like Chase Young to bookend with Hubbard.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 05:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I don't know, Doc.  The Bengals DL stars are showing their age.  I could seriously rally behind trading a guy like Carlos Dunlap to a true contender, and putting a guy like Chase Young to bookend with Hubbard.

I’d much rather have okudah than young. But I agree with ur sentiment
Reply/Quote