Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Bengals Of All Time
This is a tough one because there are some favorites I would love to add to the Top 5, but probably shouldn't be in the Top 5.

Anthony Munoz is number 1 without question. I agree Ken Anderson is number 2 and should also be a HOFer. I would put Ken Riley number 3 and he also should be a HOFer. Chad comes in at 4. Personally, I'd like to put Tim Krumrie in at 5, but Boomer being there doesn't really bother me.

Corey Dillon is just on the outside to me. That's not taking away from his incredible talents, I just don't see him at the top.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Munoz, Anderson, Dillon, Parrish, Chad

Next five......Riley, Willie Anderson, Trumpy, Geno Atkins, Boomer

Just missed...Bill Bergey (had trade value of 2 first and 1 second round pick before free agency existed when draft picks were more valuable), A J Green, Krumrie, Tommy Casanova (3 Pro Bowl, 1 All Pro in just 6 seasons.  Retired at 27), Mike Reid (2 Pro Bowl, 1 All Pro in just 5 years.  Also retired at 27)
Reply/Quote
This thread makes me wonder what everyone would post as the all-time Bengals starting line-up.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 01:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This thread makes me wonder what everyone would post as the all-time Bengals starting line-up.

Off the top of my head:

DE: Dunlap, Johnson
DT: Atkins, Krumrie
LB: Burfict, Spikes, R.Williams
FS: Iloka
SS: Fulcher
CB: Riley
CB: Hall

QB: Anderson
RB: Brooks, Dillon
WR: Green, Johnson/Curtis
TE: Eifert, Holman/Harris/Ross
OT: Munoz, Anderson
OG: Montoya, Whitworth
OC: Remington/Brahm/Cook (who am I forgetting? Bush?)
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 01:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This thread makes me wonder what everyone would post as the all-time Bengals starting line-up.

Well I think on the old boards, bfine had a vote for every position and we made an all-time Bengals team for the boards. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to redo that.

Personally, I'd say...

QB: Kenny Anderson
RB: Corey Dillon
WR: Chad Johnson
WR2: AJ Green
WR3: Isaac Curtis
TE: Rodney Holman
TE2: Tony McGee
T: Anthony Munoz
G: Max Montoya
C: Richie Braham
G: Dave Lapham
T: Big Willie Anderson

DE: Carlos Dunlap
DT: Geno Atkins
NT: Tim Krumrie
DE: Eddie Edwards
LB: Brian Simmons
LB: Tez
LB: Al Beauchamp
CB: Ken Riley
CB2: Lemar Parrish
CB3: Leon Hall
FS: Reggie Nelson
SS: David Fulcher
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 10:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Actually, I know you're mistaken on that because I saw Chad in the top 10 in that category a few times. I just didn't list that stat because people rarely bring up yards per catch when talking about best WRs. Otherwise, I guess we'd be talking about Flipper Anderson being the best WR of all-time, not Jerry Rice.

Obviously we'll just have to disagree. Chad dominated his peers in what most consider to be the most important categories (catches, yards, TDs), while Curtis did not. Curtis had good TD and YPC numbers, but so did Chad. 

So sure, you can make an argument for Curtis being the best and most dominant WR in Bengals history. It's just not a very good argument.  Smirk

well sorry but you seem to down play what Curtis accomplished in YPC, he dominated Chad and was at the top with his peers half the time, and the TD ratio with his peers again Curtis compared to Chad with his peers was secondary.  Sorry your bias with Chad is blinding you from some reality.    Rock On

As I stated there is a good argument for either Chad or Curtis,, I give Chad the edge for long term career since Curtis maybe played couple years too long but i still will take Curtis by a nose over Chad in their prime.  
Reply/Quote
You guys are out of your mind. HERE is the team:

QB: Donald Hollas
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Armon Binns
WR2: Kelley Washington
WR3: Reggie Rembert
TE: Sean Brewer
TE2: Troy Sadowski
T: Kevin Sargent
G: Paul Jetton
C: Mike Arthur
G: Tom Rayam
T: Mike Withycombe

DE: Alonzo Mitz
DT: Tom Barndt
NT: Jerry Boyarsky
DE: Natu Tuatagoloa
LB: Armegis Spearman
LB: Ray Bentley
LB: Gary Reasons
CB: Rod Jones
CB2: R.J Kors
CB3: Fernandous Vinson
FS: Leonard Wheeler
SS: Lance Gunn
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I think on the old boards, bfine had a vote for every position and we made an all-time Bengals team for the boards. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to redo that.

Personally, I'd say...

I did and we might look to do it again. It does require a lot of research and time; so if someone else wants to do it; I'm not mad. I'd even be willing to share the workload. Your initial list is not bad, but I would disagree with your Center, CB3, RG, WR2, TE, and question a couple others. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2016, 10:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pR1-Fm-29A&feature=youtu.be

Do you agree with this list and order? if not what changes would you make?

So they call Riley one of the most underrated in league history and then put him below Chad, LOL. Chad is probably top ten but not top five. I would move Riley and Boomer each up a slot and then at five, tough call, but probably Ike Curtis.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:42 PM)xxlt Wrote: So they call Riley one of the most underrated in league history and then put him below Chad, LOL. Chad is probably top ten but not top five. I would move Riley and Boomer each up a slot and then at five, tough call, but probably Ike Curtis.

Go Curtis..  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2016, 09:00 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm thinking it could be argued that Tim Krumrie or Isaac Curtis have a bid to one of those spots.

Yes. Krumrie is so vastly underrated!

Munoz, Anderson, Riley, Krumrie, Boomer/Dillon
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinkin' that it's a shame that Takeo and Collinsworth have not even been mentioned in the convo.

....and I'd also throw in Pickens, at least in the convo.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I think on the old boards, bfine had a vote for every position and we made an all-time Bengals team for the boards. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to redo that.

Personally, I'd say...

Reggie Williams over Brian Simmons, by a lot I think. Before Fullback was spot/specialty position, ya gotta throw Pete Johnson in there. I'd also put James Brooks on the team as RB2/Kick returner.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
It makes me sad now that I think about it...we could have actually seen AJ and Chad together but Chad was traded in the offseason of Green's rookie year before training camp started. They never even got to participate in OTAs together because that was also the year of the lockout. The lockout ended July 25 and Chad was traded just days later. Cry
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It makes me sad now that I think about it...we could have actually seen AJ and Chad together but Chad was traded in the offseason of Green's rookie year before training camp started. They never even got to participate in OTAs together because that was also the year of the lockout. The lockout ended July 25 and Chad was traded just days later.  Cry

probably a good thing.. Chad at that time in career seemed more of a detriment to the "team concept" and seemed burned out here.. im glad AJ was not adversely influenced by that.  At least now days, Chad has seemed to mature with age and appreciate a bit more his time with the Bengals
Reply/Quote
Going with 6 because 6 are worthy and in a class by themselves. In order...

- Nick Vigil
- Munoz
- Chad JOHNSON
- Kenny Anderson
- Corey Dillon
- Ken Riley
Reply/Quote
I'll give it two more years. If Dalton gets us to the playoffs 7 years in a row...
Reply/Quote