Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Picks To Replace Marvin
If Marvin does indeed walk away, or is not re-signed, these would be my personal top 5 choices (in no particular order) to replace him...while trying to keep it at least somewhat realistic :

Mark Dantonio
Matt Patricia
Chris Peterson
Todd Haley
Frank Reich

What are your thoughts on these guys, and who would be on your top 5 list?
Reply/Quote
Matt Burke
Matt prattica
David Shaw
Bill Lazor
Lincoln Riley
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Chair
Table
Couch
Doorstop
A bottle of Propel
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
1. Chris Petersen
2. Matt Patricia
3. Todd Haley
4. Josh McDaniels
5. Vance Joseph Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 01:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Marvin does indeed walk away, or is not re-signed, these would be my personal top 5 choices (in no particular order) to replace him...while trying to keep it at least somewhat realistic :

Mark Dantonio - If I'm going college coach, I want a young up-and-comer. Dantonio will be 62 in March and seems like a college lifer.

Matt Patricia - I've made my thoughts on Patriots coaches known, Patricia included. I would loathe this hire.

Chris Peterson - Worth a look, although I'm not sure he'd leave behind his job as the highest paid HC in Pac-12.

Todd Haley - I'd dig it. Helps us, hurts the Steelers. Offensive mind. Helped build up the Steelers' line. Not a player's coach. Opposite of Merv.

Frank Reich - OC of the best offense in football? He needs to be near the top of the list.

What are your thoughts on these guys, and who would be on your top 5 list?

My top 5 in no particular order:

Matt LaFleur - Helped turn 32nd ranked Rams offense into the 2nd ranked scoring offense (12th in yards). QB coach for Matt Ryan's MVP season and RGIII's Rookie of the Year season. Only 38 years old.

Matt Nagy - Coaching the 6th ranked offense (points and yards). Only 40 next year.

Frank Reich 

Todd Haley

Jay Gruden - I have to give him the nod over someone like Pat Shurmur, as Jay had success as a HC. I'd prefer someone who has never been in the organization, but at least Jay was only here for 3 years. He also brings everything else I'd look for. Offensive mind, success elsewhere, young, and has a tougher attitude than Marv. People were upset when we let Jay and Zimmer walk without promoting one to HC. We used to have threads on Jay vs Zimmer as HC. Well...we might have a chance to rectify that mistake.

Fwiw, Jay did an excellent job with a meddling owner and turned around a toxic situation with RGIII and also turned around Kirk Cousins' career.

---------------------------------------------------

This list is far from comprehensive. There are many many qualified candidates available, and I do like some guys I didn't list. Such as Jim Harbaugh, who I don't view as even semi-realistic.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
1. Matt Nagy
2. Frank Reich
3. Mike Vrabel
4. Teryl Austin
5. Pete Carmichael Jr.
Reply/Quote
1. Sam Wyche
2. Forrest Gregg
3. Bill Walsh
4. Vince Lombardi
5. Tom Landry
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 03:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  Sam Wyche
2.  Forrest Gregg
3.  Bill Walsh
4.  Vince Lombardi
5.  Tom Landry

Old-school coaches rock!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 03:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  Sam Wyche
2.  Forrest Gregg
3.  Bill Walsh
4.  Vince Lombardi
5.  Tom Landry

Ah yes, three dead guys, a septuagenarian and an octogenarian.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 03:58 PM)McC Wrote: Ah yes, three dead guys, a septuagenarian and an octogenarian.

Cool 4 dead guys!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 01:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mark Dantonio - won't happen, would be def outside the box thinking 
Matt Patricia - NO, NO, NO
Chris Peterson - i would bet my house he isn't coming 
Todd Haley - ok, but not my top choice
Frank Reich - ok, loved when he played for the Bills as Jim Kellys backup

My Top 5

Bill O'Brien
Rams OC
Frank Reich
Jim Bob Cooter
Anyone not on our current Staff
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
As long as we still have Dalton for a few more years, why not Gary Patterson? I generally like the idea of taking a successful college coach so he's just one a few picks I'd look at there though I'm not sure I could imagine really big names like Saban, Dabo, or Urban Meyer coming here.

Todd Haley seems like a good pick from current NFL coaching staffs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1.Pat Shurmer
2.Matt LaFleur
3.Jon Gruden
4.Chris Peterson
5.Lincoln Riley
Reply/Quote
This guy for going full bore crazy on NFL numerology..
https://youtu.be/i9yqq49VYnI
While I believe it's rigged I'm not going to the numerology zingers ,but he really couldn't do much worse than the current regime..

IT'S NUMEROLOGICALLY RIGGED!  Hilarious
And numerologically isn't even a word we hear very often..It's gotta be true! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Jerry Sandusky. Just on the off chance he could get ebenezer alone in the shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
1. A copy of Madden 18 randomly picking plays.
2. A child's automatic wheel toy with play calls in place of animals.
3. A set of repurposed sex dice to pick plays.
4. The dedicated husk of Vince Lombardi.
5. A group of ******** chimpanzees with typewriters.

I'm personally pulling for 3.
Reply/Quote
1. Mike Vrabel
2. Marquand Manual
3. Matt LaFleur
4. Gary Patterson
5. Rex Ryan
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:51 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 1.  Mike Vrabel
2.  Marquand Manual
3.  Matt LaFleur
4.  Gary Patterson
5.  Rex Ryan

Marquand Manual - The guy who asked Eli Apple "Do you like men?"  Hilarious

Also...the guy is a former Bengal, might still have some old Bengals stank on him.

Rex Ryan - Why do people like this guy so much? I've never figured it out. He is 61-67 in his career, just not the kinda guy I look at and think, he'd be good to have with Burfict on the team. Burfict might actually kill someone if Rex was his coach.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 09:41 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Jerry Sandusky. Just on the off chance he could get ebenezer alone in the shower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I think we’ve hit peak head coach speculation.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote