Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Top 5 Sports Movies.....
(07-19-2021, 07:20 PM)jason Wrote: It feels like Hoop Dreams has been largely forgotten, but it's so good.

It's one of my favorite movies ever.  I really wish there'd be more documentaries done like that, where'd they follow a kid for years.  It works so well for sports.

Fwiw, there's a handful of videos you can find on youtube with those two kids (William Gates and Arthur Agee) now, all grown up. 
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2021, 08:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's one of my favorite movies ever.  I really wish there'd be more documentaries done like that, where'd they follow a kid for years.  It works so well for sports.

Fwiw, there's a handful of videos you can find on youtube with those two kids (William Gates and Arthur Agee) now, all grown up. 

I know that Gates' brother who was the security guard in the movie later committed suicide. Which in hindsight you could kinda see coming.

But yeah... It was so well done and those guys were roughly my age, so when it was released it really took me back to that era.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hmm, I’m terrible at just pulling movies out of my head but here’s the ones I got plus pulled off a list as my favorites.

Rocky Series - Boxing
Rudy - College Football
Happy Gilmore - Golf
The Karate Kid - Martial Arts
Remember the Titans - HS Football
Hoosiers - Basketball
Major League - Baseball
The Hustler/The Color of Money - Pool
Goon - Hockey
White Men Can’t Jump - Street Bball
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 08:31 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Hmm, I’m terrible at just pulling movies out of my head but here’s the ones I got plus pulled off a list as my favorites.

Rocky Series - Boxing
Rudy - College Football
Happy Gilmore - Golf
Hoosiers - Basketball
Major League - Baseball
Goon - Hockey

I love Goon. It almost overtook Slap Shot as my favorite hockey movie. The second one I wasn’t as big on.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love Goon. It almost overtook Slap Shot as my favorite hockey movie. The second one I wasn’t as big on.

Great movie!  I'll probably screw up the quote but "We've got two rules here;  Keep away from my Percocet.  And do you have any Percocet?"
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 11:52 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Great movie!  I'll probably screw up the quote but "We've got two rules here;  Keep away from my Percocet.  And do you have any Percocet?"

I think it was Keep away from my ****** Percocets, and does anyone have any Percocet?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2021, 08:31 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Hmm, I’m terrible at just pulling movies out of my head but here’s the ones I got plus pulled off a list as my favorites.

Rocky Series - Boxing
Rudy - College Football
Happy Gilmore - Golf
Hoosiers - Basketball
Major League - Baseball
Goon - Hockey
white men cant jump is one of my favorite movies of all times lol.

ill throw in The last Boy scout as a football movie
Goon is great.
Reply/Quote
I will do it in the Drama and Comedy categories. Like people said, too many to mention. It would be sad to leave some out.

Drama:

Rocky
Rudy
The Natural (my aunt is friends with Wilford Brimley's wife) RIP
League of Their Own
The Hustler/The Color of money
Remember The Titans
Field of Dreams
Draft Day
Hoosiers
The Karate Kid

Comedies:

The Sandlot
White Men Can't Jump
Major League
The Air Up There (Kevin Bacon)
Happy Gilmore
Bull Durham (throw it meat, I heard you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat) lol
Cool Runnings
Necessary Roughness
Teen Wolf
Bad News Bears
The Mighty Ducks (only the first one)
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 05:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will do it in the Drama and Comedy categories. Like people said, too many to mention. It would be sad to leave some out.

Drama:

Rocky
Rudy
The Natural (my aunt is friends with Wilford Brimley's wife) RIP
League of Their Own
The Hustler/The Color of money
Remember The Titans
Field of Dreams
Draft Day
Hoosiers
The Karate Kid

Comedies:

The Sandlot
White Men Can't Jump
Major League
The Air Up There (Kevin Bacon)
Happy Gilmore
Bull Durham (throw it meat, I heard you couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat) lol
Cool Runnings
Necessary Roughness
Teen Wolf
Bad News Bears
The Mighty Ducks (only the first one)

I Forgot all about the Color of Money...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 10:37 PM)jason Wrote: I Forgot all about the Color of Money...

Need to watch it again. BTW, just watched Best Of Times with Kurt Russell and Robin Williams. Needs to be on here.

"You're so full of Bullshit your Bullshit's Bullshit!"

"Does your wife think you are a bad lover"? Of course not, she knows." Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to watch it again. BTW, just watched Best Of Times with Kurt Russell and Robin Williams. Needs to be on here.

"You're so full of Bullshit your Bullshit's Bullshit!"

"Does your wife think you are a bad lover"? Of course not, she knows." Hilarious

Oddly enough, I just heard that Eric Clapton song It's In the Way That You Use It from the Color of Money for the first time in ages the other day too.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 08:40 PM)jason Wrote: Oddly enough, I just heard that Eric Clapton song  It's In the Way That You Use It from the Color of Money for the first time in ages the other day too.

Wild how life is. Some things just happen when you least expect it.
Reply/Quote