Top 5 albums to listen to when stoned to the bejesus
1. Pink Floyd - Animals
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
3. Wilco- Sky Blue Sky
4. Radiohead- The Bends
5. Eric Church- The Outsiders

Go! expand your minds young Jedi
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Snoop Dog - Doggystyle.

Reply/Quote
I thought the answer was Soundgarden?

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 06:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 1. Pink Floyd - Animals
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
3. Wilco- Sky Blue Sky
4. Radiohead- The Bends

Go! expand your minds young Jedi
All great choices. I'm not overly familiar with that Radiohead record. I respect them, but wouldn't call myself a fan. I can't say that I've heard all of the Outsiders either, but Eric Church is decent as far as modern hit country goes.

I'd like to add...

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers

Ween - Chocolate and Cheese

The Clash - Sandanista

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Beastie Boys - Check your head

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 01:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Beastie Boys - Check your head
Yes....

I had not listened to that in many years until a couple of weeks ago. Had forgotten how great it is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 11:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Snoop Dog - Doggystyle.
My only beef with that album, and the Chronic before it,... Too many damn interludes and skits between songs. It was a staple of 90's rap.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I might add more later but the first album that came to my head was Kid A by Radiohead.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 01:17 PM)jason Wrote: All great choices. I'm not overly familiar with that Radiohead record. I respect them, but wouldn't call myself a fan. I can't say that I've heard all of the Outsiders either, but Eric Church is decent as far as modern hit country goes.

I'd like to add...

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers

Ween - Chocolate and Cheese

The Clash - Sandanista

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

enter the 36 chambers is great
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
best rap album in my opinion

Reply/Quote
Had to jump into the wayback machine, as it's been eons since I've been stoned to the bejesus....but here goes:

Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
McDonald and Giles - McDonald and Giles
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord
John Prine - John Prine

..... and I could turn this into a top 20 or 50, the more I think about it. Multiple albums by Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa, plus ELP, Genesis, Gentle Giant would run the total up quickly. Hell, in the late 60's to mid 70's music was our main thing. It was our culture, our cling to sanity, our way of expression on so many things. All while being "stoned to the bejesus"
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
exile on main street by the rolling stones has to be on the list for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 06:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 1. Pink Floyd - Animals
2. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
3. Wilco-  Sky Blue Sky
4. Radiohead- The Bends

Go!  expand your minds young Jedi

With you on the Pink Floyd but I'd have to go with Dark Side of the Moon.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 10:07 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I might add more later but the first album that came to my head was Kid A by Radiohead.

I was going back and forth on the Radiohead CDs, but I just really connected more with the Bends than Kid A. Either way, you can't go wrong.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 04:06 PM)McC Wrote: With you on the Pink Floyd but I'd have to go with Dark Side of the Moon.

Ya once again, I went back and forth to other the floyd albums, but Animals was just a good.....trip. :)

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 11:51 PM)magikod Wrote: best rap album in my opinion

I don't know this artist at all......but I don't not trust your thinking one bit. I'll have to check it out some time.

Reply/Quote
Outkast, Aquenmini

The Grateful Dead, Skeletons From the Closet

Jets to Brazil, Four Cornered Night (Trust me, it's great if you're high.)

Warren Zevon, Excitable Boy

My Morning Jacket, Z

Honorable mention: Supertramp, Breakfast in America (Maybe not even honorable mention. I love that damn album.)
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 06:54 AM)magikod Wrote: exile on main street by the rolling stones has to be on the list for sure.

This is a fact.
Reply/Quote
Along these lines, I would suggest everyone here spark one up and give a listen to Anderson Paak - Malibu.

I'll have to compile a greater list, but that's what I've found myself reaching for after popping 2 or 3 gummies of late.
Reply/Quote
Rush-2112 /thread

Of course reading Ayn Rand's Anthem is a prerequisite.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote