Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 6 qbs passer rating when pressured and kept clean.
Baker Mayfield 143.8 when kept clean, 111.6 when pressured.

Sam darnold 103.8 kept clean 74.4 pressured.

Josh Rosen 108.1 clean 69.1 pressured

My qb1 Mason Rudolph 119.9 kept clean 97.2 pressured.

Lamar Jackson 100.7 kept clean 90.6 pressured

Josh Allen 102.6 clean 58.5 pressured.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for info.
Give Baker 2 inches and he'd be hands down the Number 1 pick in the draft.

Interestingly enough, Mason Rudolph is my second fav QB in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Put me on the Mason Rudolph bandwagon. Been a fan all year.
Reply/Quote
Good info. Do you think Jackson or Rudolph will be available in the 2nd round?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 11:47 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Good info.   Do you think Jackson or Rudolph will be available in the 2nd round?

Rudolph more than likely. Jackson might be but he might get taken late rd1. 
Reply/Quote
Jackson is a wild card and could go almost anywhere.

Could see a team loving him and reaching and could see him slip to 2nd or maybe even 3rd too.

Think he is worth a gamble for any team if he falls.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Interesting but I don't any of that will matter. Also is it really a surprise that Rudolph and Mayfield put up the best numbers when they played in the Arena I mean Big 12 conference?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 11:47 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Good info.   Do you think Jackson or Rudolph will be available in the 2nd round?

Jackson might Rudolph will go before then. Honestly think Mayfield will be there in the second.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 03:19 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Interesting but I don't any of that will matter. Also is it really a surprise that Rudolph and Mayfield put up the best numbers when they played in the Arena I mean Big 12 conference?

Both make plenty of tight window throws. But yes u do have to take that into account.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 06:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Baker Mayfield 143.8 when kept clean, 111.6 when pressured.

Sam darnold 103.8 kept clean 74.4 pressured.

Josh Rosen 108.1 clean 69.1 pressured

My qb1 Mason Rudolph 119.9 kept clean 97.2 pressured.

Lamar Jackson 100.7 kept clean 90.6 pressured

Josh Allen 102.6 clean 58.5 pressured.

It wasn't like Lamar Jackson had Randy Moss and TO out there to throw to, either.  I think this kid has been severely overlooked by a lot of scouts because of his incredible athleticism.  They pigeon-hole him as a rushing QB when he threw the ball a lot at Louisville.  

To me, he looks like a more athletic version of DeShawn Watson.  I am sure Watson's success will help Jackson's draft status somewhat, but if he is still there in the second round, I give him a long, hard look.  If he is able to sit and learn a year or two, I think he could be a very good NFL QB.  

If you watched Louisville, he HAD to run a lot of the time because his receivers couldn't get open.  As he developed, he started running to scramble so he could buy time for his receivers instead of just running and taking hits.  

I think Mayfield could be the next Drew Brees and I think Rosen and Darnold could really struggle if they end up on teams that can't protect them (like Cincy).
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 03:21 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Jackson might Rudolph will go before then. Honestly think Mayfield will be there in the second.

No way
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No way

He short, not a great Arm( he has an NFL one), comes from a college style offense, and already has been arrested. Dude will be a second rd pick media made Superstar doubt the scouting community really loves him.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It wasn't like Lamar Jackson had Randy Moss and TO out there to throw to, either.  I think this kid has been severely overlooked by a lot of scouts because of his incredible athleticism.  They pigeon-hole him as a rushing QB when he threw the ball a lot at Louisville.  

To me, he looks like a more athletic version of DeShawn Watson.  I am sure Watson's success will help Jackson's draft status somewhat, but if he is still there in the second round, I give him a long, hard look.  If he is able to sit and learn a year or two, I think he could be a very good NFL QB.  

If you watched Louisville, he HAD to run a lot of the time because his receivers couldn't get open.  As he developed, he started running to scramble so he could buy time for his receivers instead of just running and taking hits.  

I think Mayfield could be the next Drew Brees and I think Rosen and Darnold could really struggle if they end up on teams that can't protect them (like Cincy).
He definitely needs to sit a year or 2, but him and Allen both had wrs drop a lot of passes. That said Jackson is very inconsistent. I have a cutup of every 10+ yard throw by Jackson. He'll be great for 1 half, then the next half throw it 7 yards over receivers head. If he gets more consistent watch out. Agree with ur Mayfield point but I think he's a cross between Wilson and Brees.
(02-09-2018, 07:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He short, not a great Arm( he has an NFL one), comes from a college style offense, and already has been arrested. Dude will be a second rd pick media made Superstar doubt the scouting community really loves him.
For what it's worth kipers/mccshay do their mock drafts based on what scouts are telling them, not necessarily where they think they will go. So apparently the scouts think Mayfield is a first round lock
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 08:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He definitely needs to sit a year or 2, but him and Allen both had wrs drop a lot of passes. That said Jackson is very inconsistent. I have a cutup of every 10+ yard throw by Jackson. He'll be great for 1 half, then the next half throw it 7 yards over receivers head. If he gets more consistent watch out. Agree with ur Mayfield point but I think he's a cross between Wilson and Brees.
For what it's worth kipers/mccshay do their mock drafts based on what scouts are telling them, not necessarily where they think they will go. So apparently the scouts think Mayfield is a first round lock

Dude kiper and Mcshay have their share of misses; look I am not saying he won't be good but he doesn't fit the prototype QB check list for a first Rd player and certainly not a top 10 player. Also it is very early in the process still some QB like White or Rudolph will take his place before April.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 08:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude kiper and Mcshay have their share of misses; look I am not saying he won't be good but he doesn't fit the prototype QB check list for a first Rd player and certainly not a top 10 player. Also it is very early in the process still some QB like White or Rudolph will take his place before April.

Yeah they have misses but u said scouting community  isnt high onnhim.they are. u have reports saying it's entirely possibly he goes 1 overall. And I promise u he won't make it past the bills picks at the very worst. 3 qbs minimum will go top 10. Then u have the bills, the pats, the jags, the Cardinals, the dolphins, etc. That all need a qb. He won't make it out of the first round.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 12:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah they have misses but u said scouting community  isnt high onnhim.they are. u have reports saying it's entirely possibly he goes 1 overall. And I promise u he won't make it past the bills picks at the very worst. 3 qbs minimum will go top 10. Then u have the bills, the pats, the jags, the Cardinals, the dolphins, etc. That all need a qb. He won't make it out of the first round.

The scouting community isn't just Twitter and TV it's the whole damn NFL. Its ownership, its GMs, it scouts, it's coaches and  it's scouting directors. There not trying to sell a story so you can click on it or trying to sell a TV show on ESPN or get a million likes on Twitter. Their trying to keep their Job. Reality  is this; the guy is short for a QB, doesn't have a great Arm, a system QB, was surrounded by a bunch of high level talent in college, and has character issues. No GM or coach is going to invest  first Rd money in that. If he had one issue ok but the guy has multiple issues.  On the Bills drafting him there going to want somebody built for bad weather doubt that's him.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 03:21 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Jackson might Rudolph will go before then. Honestly think Mayfield will be there in the second.

No way in hell Mayfield will be there in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:46 AM)pulses Wrote: No way in hell Mayfield will be there in the 2nd.

Nope 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:16 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The scouting community isn't just Twitter and TV it's the whole damn NFL. Its ownership, its GMs, it scouts, it's coaches and  it's scouting directors. There not trying to sell a story so you can click on it or trying to sell a TV show on ESPN or get a million likes on Twitter. Their trying to keep their Job. Reality  is this; the guy is short for a QB, doesn't have a great Arm, a system QB, was surrounded by a bunch of high level talent in college, and has character issues. No GM or coach is going to invest  first Rd money in that. If he had one issue ok but the guy has multiple issues.  On the Bills drafting him there going to want somebody built for bad weather doubt that's him.
Jonny manziel  had same concerns. Went in first round. And mayfield is so much better than manziel. And none of Mayfield receivers are top tier talent.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 07:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He short, not a great Arm( he has an NFL one), comes from a college style offense, and already has been arrested. Dude will be a second rd pick media made Superstar doubt the scouting community really loves him.

Care to wager?
Reply/Quote