Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top TE Free Agents
[Image: EuXAem9XAAEjXfO?format=jpg&name=large]

Any interest in the first 3 guys? Personally Im pretty interested in Henry or Smith, could be reasonable contracts and would free up having to hope on finding a decent TE in the draft.

Let's hope we atleast take a look at a couple of these guys and don't go into the season hoping for the best with what we have now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd go after Henry.

Also not included on this list is the fact that Zach Ertz is either going to be traded or released and could be a good add.

Jonnu Smith I would put as a distant third. He's still an upgrade over Uzomah (doubly so since Uzomah isn't healthy) but wouldn't be anywhere near the upgrade to the position that Ertz or Henry would be.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 04:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd go after Henry.

Also not included on this list is the fact that Zach Ertz is either going to be traded or released and could be a good add.

Jonnu Smith I would put as a distant third. He's still an upgrade over Uzomah (doubly so since Uzomah isn't healthy) but wouldn't be anywhere near the upgrade to the position that Ertz or Henry would be.

I will be shocked to see Chargers let Henry walk.. I like to go after a veteran in Jared Cook to match up with Burrow
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 05:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I will be shocked to see Chargers let Henry walk.. I like to go after a veteran in Jared Cook to match up with Burrow

Im thinking Everett from Rams  may be in the cards based on ZTs stint in LA. Everett would be a great add to the TE room and would be a great target for Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
Gerald Everett would be a waste of money. Uzomah is just as good and cheaper
Reply/Quote
I've seen Kyle Rudolph's name among likely/possible cuts.
Reply/Quote
I like Henry or Smith.

Granted, I've seen more of Smith, but I think he would be a better fit as he's (from what I've seen) a better blocker.
Reply/Quote
Not going to brag on our current TEs, but I just see way too many bigger holes to fill before we address that position.
Reply/Quote
I would keep an eye on Ertz, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard, and Rudolph from Minnesota. All of those guys could be traded or cut due to salary.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My guess is Henry won't be available. Smith is the best blocker of the group and a beast of a man. He may be the best affordable option. I know I am in the minority but Uzomah is a good TE and Sample is improving so we may need to spend money elsewhere first prior to a TE.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Henry is a stud, but also a significant injury risk. Never played 16 games in a season, and has missed an entire season. Agree that Bolts will probably try to keep him as a big red zone target for Herbert.

I like Smith and Everett, but they're not game changers. Will peak as middle of the pack, and I'm not sure I want to spend a lot on them in FA. They're both slightly better than Uzomah - fewer drops at inopportune times - but not significantly so.

Ertz, on the other hand, is top 3 in the league when healthy. And the Eagles can't afford him, likely will get rid of him (they're trying now ...). Not sure what we'd have to give up for him, though. Doubt he'd come here in FA. I wouldn't mind Howard or Brate if they become available. No to Rudolph, he's toast.
Reply/Quote
Don't let Jonnu Smith's PFF grade fool you.
His best season as a receiver is 448-8.
He's basically on the same caliber as Everett. Both had 41 receptions on ~63 targets.
Here's how their 2020 stats compare to a combo of Uzomah and Sample:
Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yards, 8 TDs
Everett - 62 targets, 41 rec, 417 yards, 1 TD
Uzomah+Sample - 64 targets, 48 rec, 436 yards, 2 TDs

If Smith or Everett can be acquired for $5 mill APY or less, I think either would be an upgrade, but I wouldn't pay $6+ mill for either guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't expect them to make a move at TE. I think they like Uzomah way more in the building than the fans do. He was going to be a big part of the passing game and early on they liked splitting him wide, and he saw a little success as Burrow was finding his way. He had 11 targets in two games and 8 catches, which tells me Burrow was really comfortable with him coming in.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Gerald Everett would be a waste of money. Uzomah is just as good and cheaper

Uzomah's cap hit is $6.3 mill.
If Everett signs for less than that, Everett is a better deal.
Uzomah was overpaid.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 06:15 PM)J24 Wrote: I would keep an eye on Ertz, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard, and Rudolph from Minnesota. All of those guys could be traded or cut due to salary.

Ertz I am on board for.
Brate I think is pretty much done.
Howard's lack of durability worries me, but I would still take a chance on him. 
Rudolph I think has his best years behind him, but I also think he'd still be better than anyone currently on the roster at TE... plus he might actually want to come here as a homecoming.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't expect them to make a move at TE. I think they like Uzomah way more in the building than the fans do. He was going to be a big part of the passing game and early on they liked splitting him wide, and he saw a little success as Burrow was finding his way. He had 11 targets in two games and 8 catches, which tells me Burrow was really comfortable with him coming in.

Agreed...Unless Kyle Pitts is high on their draft board I expect the Bengals to punt TE until 2022 when the FA class is better.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Agreed...Unless Kyle Pitts is high on their draft board I expect the Bengals to punt TE until 2022 when the FA class is better.

I could see an early day 3 move for a TE if someone they really like falls because CJ's contract is up after this year. Maybe if Brevin Jordan was sitting there at the top of the 4th they pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I could see an early day 3 move for a TE if someone they really like falls because CJ's contract is up after this year. Maybe if Brevin Jordan was sitting there at the top of the 4th they pull the trigger.

Meh I am not a Brevin Jordan fan at all. Cannot Block, iffy hands which are even worse in contested catch situations, defaults to body catching, poor routes, manufactured catches, not a physical receiver.... he is fast though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 05:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh I am not a Brevin Jordan fan at all. Cannot Block, iffy hands which are even worse in contested catch situations, defaults to body catching, poor routes, manufactured catches, not a physical receiver.... he is fast though.

I like him on day 3. I think he actually adds a lot after the catch and if he can get free releases in one on one situations away from traffic he could do some nice things.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Uzomah's cap hit is $6.3 mill.
If Everett signs for less than that, Everett is a better deal.
Uzomah was overpaid.

Uz was doing decent when on the field just been hurt lately.

I dont think we will make TE a priority with Sample growing a bit last season.

As far as  Gronk being on this list im pretty sure without brady no team will be getting gronk lol
Reply/Quote