Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top TE Free Agents
(02-17-2021, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Uz was doing decent when on the field just been hurt lately.

I dont think we will make TE a priority with Sample growing a bit last season.

As far as  Gronk being on this list im pretty sure without brady no team will be getting gronk lol

It's hard to say Uzomah was doing decent when he only played 2 games. He's also coming off a critical Achilles injury.
Is it worth keeping him, especially when the team is not likely making playoffs in 2021, which is Uzomah's final year under contract?
Also, I don't really think Sample grew much. I think he is what he is - a lower tier TE who can block well. I expected more from a 2nd round TE, especially when he was really gifted the TE1 position for 14 games in 2020.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's hard to say Uzomah was doing decent when he only played 2 games. He's also coming off a critical Achilles injury.
Is it worth keeping him, especially when the team is not likely making playoffs in 2021, which is Uzomah's final year under contract?
Also, I don't really think Sample grew much. I think he is what he is - a lower tier TE who can block well. I expected more from a 2nd round TE, especially when he was really gifted the TE1 position for 14 games in 2020.

that thatsZT's pick and key piece to his offense. lol   

Ahhh I didnt know what Uz's injury was.  Im not sure what kind of signing bonus he gets at the beginning of the league year but if its small might as well see what he has in camp if no reasonable replacement was found by then.

I do agree a solid Pass Catching TE  that can also block is a great thing for a young QB to have.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that thatsZT's pick and key piece to his offense. lol   

Ahhh I didnt know what Uz's injury was.  Im not sure what kind of signing bonus he gets at the beginning of the league year but if its small might as well see what he has in camp if no reasonable replacement was found by then.

I do agree a solid Pass Catching TE  that can also block is a great thing for a young QB to have.

Uzomah's cap hit is $6.3 mill this coming season with just $1 mill in dead cap if traded/released, freeing up $5.3 mill. That's pretty valuable in a year with reduced cap space.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
After looking into Ertz more, that would be a great move. For some reason I thought he had a couple bad years but looking at the stats he has been at 900+ yards and played 15+ games the 2 seasons before being injured a good amount of this year.

Only problem is what you'd have to give up, most likely a 3rd-4th plus he's getting paid 8.5 mill a year if I'm not wrong. If we could swap Uz and Ertz for 3rd or less that would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 06:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's hard to say Uzomah was doing decent when he only played 2 games. He's also coming off a critical Achilles injury.

I have seen players in many sports comeback from an Achilles injury in 5 or 6 months to be at 100% so let's not overplay an injury to Uzh as it my career ending because you don't like the guy.

As versus Smith versus Everett, unless you devalue TD's and  great in line blocker, Smith is far better.

Smith is an upgrade over any TE on our roster while in my opinion Everett is just a shade better than Uzh if that.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 08:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have seen players in many sports comeback from an Achilles injury in 5 or 6 months to be at 100% so let's not overplay an injury to Uzh as it my career ending because you don't like the guy.

As versus Smith versus Everett, unless you devalue TD's and  great in line blocker, Smith is far better.

Smith is an upgrade over any TE on our roster while in my opinion Everett is just a shade better than Uzh if that.

You're making a pretty big assumption that I "don't like the guy." I never said I don't like him. I just think he's overpaid and I'd rather his cap go towards a different player/position. I know that people can and have come back 100% from Achilles injuries, but why gamble on that for someone who has not proven to be upper-tier in the past?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't let Jonnu Smith's PFF grade fool you.
His best season as a receiver is 448-8.
He's basically on the same caliber as Everett. Both had 41 receptions on ~63 targets.
Here's how their 2020 stats compare to a combo of Uzomah and Sample:
Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yards, 8 TDs
Everett - 62 targets, 41 rec, 417 yards, 1 TD
Uzomah+Sample - 64 targets, 48 rec, 436 yards, 2 TDs

If Smith or Everett can be acquired for $5 mill APY or less, I think either would be an upgrade, but I wouldn't pay $6+ mill for either guy.

Smith is a better blocker and receiver than either of the current guys (who I don't hate, I'm just not enamored with). I think Uzomah is over $6 million per year and Sample is around a million per year. I'd easily take Smith at $6 or even $7 as that's still cheaper for more production than what we've got now. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't let Jonnu Smith's PFF grade fool you.
His best season as a receiver is 448-8.
He's basically on the same caliber as Everett. Both had 41 receptions on ~63 targets.
Here's how their 2020 stats compare to a combo of Uzomah and Sample:
Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yards, 8 TDs
Everett - 62 targets, 41 rec, 417 yards, 1 TD
Uzomah+Sample - 64 targets, 48 rec, 436 yards, 2 TDs

If Smith or Everett can be acquired for $5 mill APY or less, I think either would be an upgrade, but I wouldn't pay $6+ mill for either guy.

Smith and Everett have similar numbers, but if you watch them play, Jonnu Smith racks up a ton of yardage after the catch. He's athletic as hell, and there weren't very many air yards on his targets... He disappeared for a stretch last season (I think he was playing through an injury) too. Of the guys you have listed, I think Jonnu Smith is in a different stratosphere. I don't think he's a huge need for us though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 12:10 AM)jason Wrote: Smith and Everett have similar numbers, but if you watch them play, Jonnu Smith racks up a ton of yardage after the catch. He's athletic as hell, and there weren't very many air yards on his targets... He disappeared for a stretch last season (I think he was playing through an injury) too. Of the guys you have listed, I think Jonnu Smith is in a different stratosphere. I don't think he's a huge need for us though.

I watched quite a handful of Titans games in 2020 since they are my local market (especially second half of season), and I didn't notice Jonnu Smith much. So he wasn't that memorable to me.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I watched quite a handful of Titans games in 2020 since they are my local market (especially second half of season), and I didn't notice Jonnu Smith much. So he wasn't that memorable to me.

Haha... Yep. That's when he faded away. There was an injury, and Davis and Brown were getting all the passing targets by that point. He was on my fantasy team, so I became all too familiar with him...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 04:51 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: [Image: EuXAem9XAAEjXfO?format=jpg&name=large]

Any interest in the first 3 guys? Personally Im pretty interested in Henry or Smith, could be reasonable contracts and would free up having to hope on finding a decent TE in the draft.

Let's hope we atleast take a look at a couple of these guys and don't go into the season hoping for the best with what we have now.

Would love to get Henry in here. Would be better than the Ertz trade IMO.

If Sewell is not there at 5 we could still take Pitts or trade down and get Darrisaw or a pass rusher.
Reply/Quote