Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams Trades
Here's the top seeded teams right now...

1. Chiefs - Added Player
1. Eagles - Added Player
2. Lions - Added Player
2. Dolphins - Added Player
3. Jaguars - Added Player
3. Seahawks - Added Player
4. Ravens
4. Falcons - Added Player
5. Bills - Added Player
5. Cowboys
6. 49ers - Added Player
6. Steelers
7. Browns
7. Vikings - Added Player

.... Almost everyone except the AFCN added a player before the deadline.

Exra Cleveland for a 6th round pick really makes me wish the Bengals weren't so completely uncaring when it comes to trades.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I didn’t think KC did anything at the deadline. Are you referring to Mecole Hardman?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t think KC did anything at the deadline. Are you referring to Mecole Hardman?

Yeah, happened in October and in the second half of it no less. I don't think I would not count it just because they didn't wait until the final two days or whatever. 

Bengals are just incredibly passive during the season. They really needed to add a TE, and LG Cleveland would have been a nice get.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 12:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, happened in October and in the second half of it no less. I don't think I would not count it just because they didn't wait until the final two days or whatever. 

Bengals are just incredibly passive during the season. They really needed to add a TE, and LG Cleveland would have been a nice get.

It’s definitely frustrating. Not only those 2 positions, but they’re a Joe Mixon injury away from having the worst RB room in the league.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, wish we would of went after Ezra Cleveland, an End or a TE.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely frustrating. Not only those 2 positions, but they’re a Joe Mixon injury away from having the worst RB room in the league.

I still like Chase Brown, Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans. They are just never used.

We could judge our RB room a lot better if we saw more snaps spread around. 

Especially Chase Brown who I think could be very good.

Funny, I rarely disagree with you Nicomo.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still like Chase Brown, Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans. They are just never used.

On the IR.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still like Chase Brown, Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans. They are just never used.

There’s a reason they aren’t used. The coaches clearly don’t trust them. Plus Chase Brown is on IR anyway.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely frustrating. Not only those 2 positions, but they’re a Joe Mixon injury away from having the worst RB room in the league.

We're not far from having the worst RB room when all 4 are healthy. The coaches clearly have no trust in Evans, Williams is a good returner, but he's not used in the offense as much as we expected. While the coaches have praised Chase Brown, he's still a 5th round rookie. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 12:39 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We're not far from having the worst RB room when all 4 are healthy. The coaches clearly have no trust in Evans, Williams is a good returner, but he's not used in the offense as much as we expected. While the coaches have praised Chase Brown, he's still a 5th round rookie. 

Yep. I think it’s a bigger problem than some want to admit. We all know Taylor has an aversion to running the ball, but that’s still a pretty weak group. And ofc TE is even worse. We obviously have some studs at WR, but idk why you’d want to make your offense that one dimensional.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. I think it’s a bigger problem than some want to admit. We all know Taylor has an aversion to running the ball, but that’s still a pretty weak group. And ofc TE is even worse. We obviously have some studs at WR, but idk why you’d want to make your offense that one dimensional.

I think the team needs to be a little more open to addressing these positions in free agency and not just relying on the draft. They've wanted to draft a TE the past two seasons, but the draft didn't fall their way. Happened with RB in the last draft as well.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: On the IR.

Oh, thought it was just a pulled hammy and he would be back soon. That takes away my argument.

The best ability is availability.

(11-01-2023, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s a reason they aren’t used. The coaches clearly don’t trust them. Plus Chase Brown is on IR anyway.

Which is weird, everytime I see either Trayveon or Chris Evans get a snap they seem to contribute in a positive way.

Trayveon is a good Kick Returner, he just had a big return against the 49ers.

But I agree with you now with Chase Brown on IR, we could certainly use another RB.

(11-02-2023, 12:39 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We're not far from having the worst RB room when all 4 are healthy. The coaches clearly have no trust in Evans, Williams is a good returner, but he's not used in the offense as much as we expected. While the coaches have praised Chase Brown, he's still a 5th round rookie. 

Sounds about right. Cannot disagree with any of this Bengal Dude.

(11-02-2023, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. I think it’s a bigger problem than some want to admit. We all know Taylor has an aversion to running the ball, but that’s still a pretty weak group. And ofc TE is even worse. We obviously have some studs at WR, but idk why you’d want to make your offense that one dimensional.

Cannot disagree here either, need to upgrade both TE and RB especially now with Chase Brown on IR.

(11-02-2023, 01:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think the team needs to be a little more open to addressing these positions in free agency and not just relying on the draft. They've wanted to draft a TE the past two seasons, but the draft didn't fall their way. Happened with RB in the last draft as well.

Think so as well, we can draft WR's. But OL, TE and RB hasn't been the best in the Draft to say the least.
Reply/Quote
Evans can't see the field because, even after the fact, everyone knows you don't draft _ichigan RBs. Remember back in the day when we traded out of being able to take Stephen Jackson, who went to the Rams and had an incredible career and took Chris Perry instead? I wanted to kick ole Melvin in his nards for that one! Jackson was right there for the taking and we opted for "meh".

Evans has shown he CAN make plays in the return game and the passing game when given the opportunity but for some reason (practice habits, study habits, poor attitude? Hell, I dunno at this point) disappears once the season starts. If he's "in the doghouse" so to speak, why even roster him? Cut bait and get a better player. I just don't get why they are hanging on to him if they aren't going to use him while wasting a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 02:55 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Evans can't see the field because, even after the fact, everyone knows you don't draft _ichigan RBs. Remember back in the day when we traded out of being able to take Stephen Jackson, who went to the Rams and had an incredible career and took Chris Perry instead?

Also traded down so the Vikings could get Dalvin Cook and we got Joe Mixon and Josh Malone.

Not quite the same level of Jackson/Perry, but still not great.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 05:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also traded down so the Vikings could get Dalvin Cook and we got Joe Mixon and Josh Malone.

Not quite the same level of Jackson/Perry, but still not great.
Man that pass on Jackson was a kick in the nether regions. Dude was an absolute MONSTER for many seasons, and we were looking for a Rudi replacement too.

I'm not upset w the trade to get Mixon and Malone. The only downside, to me, is that Malone did next to nothing in the league. But even now, I would take Mixon over Cook, as Cook gets hurt a lot and on the occasion Mixon does, he plays through it if it isn't season ending in severity. My only real gripes on Mixon are his penchant for going down on first contact (he's a big dude for a RB, he should be running dudes OVER occasionally) and his pass pro, which HAS gotten better this year.
Reply/Quote