Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top ten pick.
After this embarrassment, we are in the running for a top ten pick. Let's use It on a corner who won't play for a couple years.

In all seriousness, this should be unacceptable, anywhere else it is. Time and time again we burn timeouts quick and early. Game after game our guys are committing stupid penalties. Half after half, Marvin shows no adjustments. No one is held accountable, because the freaking head coach isn't even held to that.

It's been said for a long time, but maybe wasting this roster will open the remaining shut eyes of marvin supporters. If it's not this, what does it take?
Reply/Quote
We got alot of holes to fill. The Offensive line is ridiculous.

My picks for next year

-O Line
-Elite RB
-WR
-Another CB
-Safety
(not in order, besides oline)
Reply/Quote
If we pick high I'd like to see a big time back drafted. And actually go out and grab a proven C in FA
Reply/Quote
Miles Garrett, please.
Reply/Quote
Without changing the coaches new players won't matter. Indeed, for all we know we may even have the right players in many of the spots and they are just improperly coached. I keep remembering that we have had multiple instances where former Bengal offensive linemen when appearing in sports media have blasted our linemen under Piano Man for poor technique.

And if you look at what is happening a LOT of it is poor technique. Not getting correct leverage, poor situational awareness letting defenders in unblocked, out of sync and so forth.

As to the draft - either pass rushing DT/DE or Free Safety would help a lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone to replace michael Johnson, bodine or ogieboogie
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Anyone to replace michael Johnson, bodine or ogieboogie

I would suspect that Ogbuehi has a very long leash.  We'll sink or swim with him at RT for a few seasons at least.  Better hope he figures things out soon.
Reply/Quote
We're not going to get a top 10 pick unless Dalton goes to IR.

This will be a team with around 7-9 wins. So sorry, but no Garrett.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:44 AM)samhain Wrote: I would suspect that Ogbuehi has a very long leash.  We'll sink or swim with him at RT for a few seasons at least.  Better hope he figures things out soon.

Fat Andre...... all is forgiven  Panic
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 06:18 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Fat Andre...... all is forgiven  Panic

Andre Smith leaves Cincinnati and the offensive line collapses.

Andre Smith arrives in Minnesota and the Vikings are undefeated without Adrian Peterson.
Reply/Quote
Looking like it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:54 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We're not going to get a top 10 pick unless Dalton goes to IR.

Are you sure about that? We barely beat a far less than stellar Jets team and AJ Green pretty much single handedly beat the Dolphins, likely the second worse team in the league. We have lookied like complete garbage in our 3 losses. Andy and AJ can only do so much

At this rate I wouldn't be shocked if we got a Top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:54 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We're not going to get a top 10 pick unless Dalton goes to IR.

I don't know what team you have been watching or what schedule you think we have. This team has a real good chance of getting 4 wins tops.

You show me the 5 wins you think we get here on out? I think we scrape 2 or 3 at best.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter.

We could have the first pick of each round. This coaching staff would still find ways to neuter whatever potential talent they bring in. Perhaps more than anything, it's distressing to watch this team fold like lawn chairs at the first sight of adversity.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:12 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Are you sure about that? We barely beat a far less than stellar Jets team and AJ Green pretty much single handedly beat the Dolphins, likely the second worse team in the league. We have lookied like complete garbage in our 3 losses. Andy and AJ can only do so much

The scary thing about the Dolphins game is how many people were ok with Green missing the game if he wanted to.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:12 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Are you sure about that? We barely beat a far less than stellar Jets team and AJ Green pretty much single handedly beat the Dolphins, likely the second worse team in the league. We have lookied like complete garbage in our 3 losses. Andy and AJ can only do so much

Didn't the Jets kicker miss an extra point and a field goal in that game?  This team could very easily be 1-4 right now.  As it is, good chance they are 2-4 after New England.  You would hope they are able to handle the Browns, but it is a division game and Jackson knows this team very well.  Who knows what happens in London, but I had that down as a toss up from the time the schedule came out.  This team could easily be 3-5 going into the bye week and they have a number of teams who are playing pretty good in the second half of the season.

The Giants had the 10th pick in the 2016 draft after going 6-10 last year.  I would like to think the Bengals get to seven wins, but I don't see that as a certainty...
Reply/Quote
If we get a high pick we need to take Myles Garrett if he's there without a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I agree. Talent has been here now and before, but the coaches just don't get it
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:14 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: I don't know what team you have been watching or what schedule you think we have. This team has a real good chance of getting 4 wins tops.

You show me the 5 wins you think we get here on out? I think we scrape 2 or 3 at best.

We've been so spoiled by having a quality team that when we have a couple of bad games against good teams we have fans jumping off bridges? THIS IS NOT A 3 or 4 WIN TEAM. Other than the Patriots, there's not one single game on our schedule left that we aren't capable of winning. We can easily miss the playoffs or go 7-9 this year, but we also have the TALENT to pull of 11 or 12 wins.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:40 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: We've been so spoiled by having a quality team that when we have a couple of bad games against good teams we have fans jumping off bridges? THIS IS NOT A 3 or 4 WIN TEAM. Other than the Patriots, there's not one single game on our schedule left that we aren't capable of winning. We can easily miss the playoffs or go 7-9 this year, but we also have the TALENT to pull of 11 or 12 wins.

You honestly think this team has a chance of getting 12 wins?  This team, the one that took the field yesterday afternoon... based on your assumption of "other than the Patriots", that would mean they win out.
Reply/Quote