Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top ten pick.
(10-10-2016, 03:44 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You honestly think this team has a chance of getting 12 wins?  This team, the one that took the field yesterday afternoon... based on your assumption of "other than the Patriots", that would mean they win out.

Yes, I do. Assuming our O-Line can gets things together and be average. We're not the only team in the league with issues, but we have playmakers and a quality QB. I wouldn't be surprised at all for us to only lose to the Pats and one other game the rest of the way. I also don't expect that, but it's not out of the question.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 07:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andre Smith leaves Cincinnati and the offensive line collapses.

Andre Smith arrives in Minnesota and the Vikings are undefeated without Adrian Peterson.

The Vikings are averaging 2.5 yards per a carry this season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I want Johnathan Allen from Alabama in this year's draft. Guy would easily fix our nickle DT spot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:40 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: We've been so spoiled by having a quality team that when we have a couple of bad games against good teams we have fans jumping off bridges? THIS IS NOT A 3 or 4 WIN TEAM. Other than the Patriots, there's not one single game on our schedule left that we aren't capable of winning. We can easily miss the playoffs or go 7-9 this year, but we also have the TALENT to pull of 11 or 12 wins.

Bookmark this and come back to me in 12 weeks. We can continue the discussion then. But you really are deluded thinking this team can get anywhere near double digit wins. In 5 games almost a 3rd of the season they haven't shown anything to suggest it.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:12 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Are you sure about that? We barely beat a far less than stellar Jets team and AJ Green pretty much single handedly beat the Dolphins, likely the second worse team in the league. We have lookied like complete garbage in our 3 losses. Andy and AJ can only do so much

At this rate I wouldn't be shocked if we got a Top 5 pick.

Lol what? We came close to beating the Steelers. Who knows how that game finished if the refs don't screw it up.

And against the Broncos, that late TD throw is what put the game out of reach. Yesterday was the first time all season they were blown out.

We're not one of the worst teams in the NFL. Calm down, skipper.

(10-10-2016, 10:14 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: I don't know what team you have been watching or what schedule you think we have. This team has a real good chance of getting 4 wins tops.

You show me the 5 wins you think we get here on out? I think we scrape 2 or 3 at best.

Tops? Lol. They play the Browns twice, the Ravens twice (who have no offense and are worse than their record indicates), and a Steelers team the refs screwed us on.Then there's the Redskins and Giants. Two teams that are overrated and not that great by any means. Then throw in the Bills. A team that's always up and down. And then there's the Texans, and we've seen how they've played all year.

But no. Apparently we are one of the worst teams period.

Calm down there. Don't be surprised if this team is in the talks of a late season playoff push. Have you seen the schedule down the line? Or just going by "what have you done for me lately?" mentality?

This is still a very talented team. No one's season is over after week 5. If that were the case, the Bengals don't make the playoffs in 2012 (they had the same record). And the Chiefs don't make it last year either.

Chill. There's a lot of bad but season isn't over.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 07:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Lol what? We came close to beating the Steelers. Who knows how that game finished if the refs don't screw it up.

And against the Broncos, that late TD throw is what put the game out of reach. Yesterday was the first time all season they were blown out.

We're not one of the worst teams in the NFL. Calm down, skipper.

Tops? Lol. They play the Browns twice, the Ravens twice (who have no offense and are worse than their record indicates), and a Steelers team the refs screwed us on.Then there's the Redskins and Giants. Two teams that are overrated and not that great by any means. Then throw in the Bills. A team that's always up and down. And then there's the Texans, and we've seen how they've played all year.

But no. Apparently we are one of the worst teams period.

Calm down there. Don't be surprised if this team is in the talks of a late season playoff push. Have you seen the schedule down the line? Or just going by "what have you done for me lately?" mentality?

This is still a very talented team. No one's season is over after week 5. If that were the case, the Bengals don't make the playoffs in 2012 (they had the same record). And the Chiefs don't make it last year either.

Chill. There's a lot of bad but season isn't over.

I do like your optimism and believe me I hope like hell youre right... Time will tell
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:40 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: We've been so spoiled by having a quality team that when we have a couple of bad games against good teams we have fans jumping off bridges? THIS IS NOT A 3 or 4 WIN TEAM. Other than the Patriots, there's not one single game on our schedule left that we aren't capable of winning. We can easily miss the playoffs or go 7-9 this year, but we also have the TALENT to pull of 11 or 12 wins.
Where is all this talent?

I see a top 5 WR complimented by a journeyman, and an invisible rookie.

I see a top 10 QB

I won't waste anybody's time on the O line.

There's a TE that's always injured.

An aging CB, an OK CB, and some young guys. The safeties don't seem to know what they're doing.

The LBs are old, fat, or both.

That leaves Geno and Dunlap... Clarke's looked good at times.

The ST are garbage.

From what I've seen so far, 6 wins is the ceiling, and they could easily win less than that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:52 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: After this embarrassment, we are in the running for a top ten pick. Let's use It on a corner who won't play for a couple years.

In all seriousness, this should be unacceptable, anywhere else it is. Time and time again we burn timeouts quick and early. Game after game our guys are committing stupid penalties. Half after half, Marvin shows no adjustments. No one is held accountable, because the freaking head coach isn't even held to that.

It's been said for a long time, but maybe wasting this roster will open the remaining shut eyes of marvin supporters. If it's not this, what does it take?

I want a defensive end that can stuff the run and pressure the QB more than anything for this team...well, that and a new coach.  

You'd have Billings in the middle, Vigil at LB with Burfict, and WJIII at CB next year.  You are correct, though, that help on the offensive line is critical.  Center AND Guard are needed, and (again) a new coach for them as well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I understand the frustrations of the coaches and certain players, but the Dallas game was just an anomaly. We were beaten in every aspect of the game against Dallas. Does that mean we will be in the bottom third of teams this year? No.

I remember last year in the Houston game, we looked really bad too. We got beat in primetime to TJ Yates and looked atrocious. We were undefeated until then too. We finished the year as AFC North champs and might have made some noise in playoffs if Andy doesn't go down.

There is a reason why it's called "any given Sunday" and I think the Bengals will bounce back from this. We have had an abnormally tough schedule to begin the year. Not only that, but we are running new WRs, new OC, new OL, and we were missing Eifert, Peerman, and Burfict for those games as well. We will settle in and put together a nice win streak after the Patriots. Nothing like a Browns pick-me-up game to get some of our players going and hopefully our O and D units will start clicking.
Reply/Quote