Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torn ACL
(11-22-2020, 09:12 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: According to ESPN Stats & Information research, Burrow ranks fourth in NFL history for the most passing yards in a player's first 10 games (2,688 yards, including his total from Sunday's game). At the halfway mark of the season, Burrow was on pace to break Andrew Luck's record for most passing yards as a rookie (4,374).

Joe's good, but he passes the ball 60x a game. 

That's not a great thing IMO. Especially when you have a shitty offensive line and your QB is a rookie. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Dude I'll be honest if Joe Burrow doesn't work out I don't want him traded. I want the Brown ownership to end.

At some point it needs to become personal with us Bengals fans. I'm 28 years old and have yet to see a playoff win. We have the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Kentucky Wildcats and not lately but some to degree the Cincinnati Reds with playoff championships... all in this area!

Quit cryin'.

I'm 48 and have never legally had a beer to celebrate a post season victory.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Joe's good, but he passes the ball 60x a game. 

That's not a great thing IMO. Especially when you have a shitty offensive line and your QB is a rookie. 

Yeah, I guess we can only hope for a better outcome than Andrew Luck, but he's on "that pace", which is not good.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Quit cryin'.

Lol at that child sayin he's 28. Let's talk about our fathers who are in their 70s if they want to see real taste of disappointment.
Reply/Quote

Hey settling for mediocrity isn't particularly a past time I enjoy but cheers!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lol at that child sayin he's 28. Let's talk about our fathers who are in their 70s if they want to see real taste of disappointment.

Damn Rube don’t be so hard on yourself. I’m sure your father isn’t that disappointed in you.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Hey settling for mediocrity isn't particularly a past time I enjoy but cheers!

It just occurred to me that, perhaps, that my overdoing it after Ohio State's National Championship wins was trying to overcompensate for that?

Nah.....
Reply/Quote

I was born a few days after we lost our last Super bowl game. At least you might remember a post season win.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Damn Rube don’t be so hard on yourself. I’m sure your father isn’t that disappointed in you.

He'd be disappointed I conversate with the likes of you and truck on this forum, lol. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It just occurred to me that, perhaps, that my overdoing it after Ohio State's National Championship wins was trying to overcompensate for that?

Nah.....

Perhaps I wouldn't know my UK football team just lost by 60 yesterday.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was born a few days after we lost our last Super bowl game. At least you might remember a post season win.

That's the key word.

There's been multiple lifetimes of drugs and alcohol squeezed into my short time on this earth!
Reply/Quote
I don't remember a playoff win, I remember the disappointment of my dad in the super bowl. And then the journey of the child begins, 33 years of disappointment. We are not "Bengals" fans, we have subscribed to be "Mike Brown" fans, of which none of us actually are.
Reply/Quote

Gentlemen we can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic man
Joe Burrow will be that man
Better than he was before
Better, Stronger, Faster

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/s/sixmilliondollarmanlyrics/sixmilliondollarmanopeninglyrics.html

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Joe's good, but he passes the ball 60x a game. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BurrJo01.htm

404 attempts, after 10 games
Luck had 412, after 10 games

60X once, stop being hyperbolic.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember the Super Bowl year. The problem is I was 10. I was probably just as interested in putting on my 3d glasses for the special Pepsi halftime show as I was the actual game.

I knew a lot of the players, and I definitely wanted them to win. But let's be honest, I really had no idea what was going outside of a typical 10 year old's understanding of football.

I started playing football that very next fall, as we couldn't start until 5th grade. It was then I started getting into it more and more. So, my appreciation for the game, with a religious following of the team started in 1990. In 1992, when I started High School is when I really got into it.

It's been one long, painful journey. And to add insult to injury, I can tell this story in pretty much the exact same way if I insert the Reds for the Bengals.

tldr. Born at the wrong time, in the wrong town, set up for 30 years of suffering.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BurrJo01.htm

404 attempts, after 10 games
Luck had 412, after 10 games

60X once, stop being hyperbolic.

Tonights homework = Literal vs. Figurative
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I remember the Super Bowl year.  The problem is I was 10.  I was probably just as interested in putting on my 3d glasses for the special Pepsi halftime show as I was the actual game.

I knew a lot of the players, and I definitely wanted them to win.  But let's be honest, I really had no idea what was going outside of a typical 10 year old's understanding of football.

I started playing football that very next fall, as we couldn't start until 5th grade.  It was then I started getting into it more and more.  So, my appreciation for the game, with a religious following of the team started in 1990.  In 1992, when I started High School is when I really got into it.

It's been one long, painful journey.  And to add insult to injury, I can tell this story in pretty much the exact same way if I insert the Reds for the Bengals.

tldr. Born at the wrong time, in the wrong town, set up for 30 years of suffering.

What do you mean "had"? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ,,

Gentlemen we can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic man
Joe Burrow will be that man
Better than he was before
Better, Stronger, Faster

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/s/sixmilliondollarmanlyrics/sixmilliondollarmanopeninglyrics.html

Running 60ph to Denny’s if Mike Brown funds the surgery. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 10:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Running 60ph to Denny’s if Mike Brown funds the surgery. Ninja

Yeah, I'm that old..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The streak continues.. Haven't thought about our curse of 1st round picks the past several drafts. Will next year be the year? lol
Reply/Quote