Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Postseason Snaps with Dalton, Green, and Eifert Together
I saw this posted on Twitter yesterday, thought it was worth posting here...
Mike Sando Wrote:The @bengals have been to the playoffs three times since the 2013 season. Postseason snaps played together by Andy Dalton, A.J. Green and Tyler Eifert: two.
https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/1070785922071973889

While I don't think the playoff games would have been some offensive masterpiece with all of them together, I think it's worth pointing out that when your starting QB and top two receiving stars aren't on the field together in the playoffs, it's going to be (much) more difficult scoring points.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." ~ Ryan Blair
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Two ? Wow

But as with nearly all things Bengals it's most likely going to be another in the long lists of what could have been stories.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to just move on from Eifert. Talent is great...but not injured talent.

He's not going to string together 2-3 injury free seasons.
Reply/Quote
The loss of Eifert is overrated. They don't even try to send CJ and Kroft (when healthy) down the seam to make the plays Eifert made his money on during the 2015 season.

They act like they can't build a gameplan around a TE without Eifert, and that's just not true. They never tried. CJ has good hands, as does Kroft. They can snag those seam passes like Eifert did. And we know they can catch the TD's he did too.

The issue is teams didn't fear them so they played Defense differently then they did when Eifert was in the lineup. That's what we "miss" with Eifert. Not the person, the open field from the change of defensive scheme.

But teams wouldn't fear them if they Bengals never tried and put out the tape that they can be used like that.

The Bengals always seem to struggle to use TE's like other teams use them (against us). With the exception of when we had a healthy Eifert. That's on coaches. Between CJ and Kroft they could have done what Eifert did if given the opportunity and play call.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: The loss of Eifert is overrated. They don't even try to send CJ and Kroft (when healthy) down the seam to make the plays Eifert made his money on during the 2015 season.

They act like they can't build a gameplan around a TE without Eifert, and that's just not true. They never tried. CJ has good hands, as does Kroft. They can snag those seam passes like Eifert did. And we know they can catch the TD's he did too.

The issue is teams didn't fear them so they played Defense differently then they did when Eifert was in the lineup. That's what we "miss" with Eifert. Not the person, the open field from the change of defensive scheme.

But teams wouldn't fear them if they Bengals never tried and put out the tape that they can be used like that.

The Bengals always seem to struggle to use TE's like other teams use them (against us). With the exception of when we had a healthy Eifert. That's on coaches. Between CJ and Kroft they could have done what Eifert did if given the opportunity and play call.

Scoring Touchdowns is not overrated and why do the coaches know how to use Eifert when he is healthy
and they do not know how to use Kroft and Uzi when they are healthy? Also, if i was good i would MAKE
teams fear me, you don't just earn that by being a first round pick.

Eifert was just THAT good when he was healthy.

Saying this, we do need a new TE coach for damn sure. Hayes has never been good.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I saw this posted on Twitter yesterday, thought it was worth posting here...
https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/1070785922071973889

While I don't think the playoff games would have been some offensive masterpiece with all of them together, I think it's worth pointing out that when your starting QB and top two receiving stars aren't on the field together in the playoffs, it's going to be (much) more difficult scoring points.

Philli lost their QB last year. There's always injuries and many teams have won a SB without all their pieces.

Some coaches handle it better than others.

Some teams value quality backups, some not so much.

Some coaches develop talent and others seem to be completely unable to do so.

Reply/Quote
I think Kroft proved last year he could match Eifert's TD numbers given the chance. So needing Eifert for TD's is overrated.

Eifert made his money down the seam. We don't even see those play calls with CJ and Kroft. That's why teams don't fear them or play the Bengals offense the same way they do when Eifert is in the lineup.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think Kroft proved last year he could match Eifert's TD numbers given the chance. So needing Eifert for TD's is overrated.

Eifert made his money down the seam. We don't even see those play calls with CJ and Kroft. That's why teams don't fear them or play the Bengals offense the same way they do when Eifert is in the lineup.

How many TD's did Kroft have last year again?

Eifert made his money being the best route running TE in the game. He ran routes like a WR.

Kroft cannot do this. Eifert just is made of glass and that is the problem.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How many TD's did Kroft have last year again?

Eifert made his money being the best route running TE in the game. He ran routes like a WR.

Kroft cannot do this. Eifert just is made of glass and that is the problem.

No.  Snakebit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This team and TEs.

They draft a Mackey award receiving TE and say he can't play because he can't block.

They draft Gresham and make him run comeback routes(ignore seams and passes in stride)and need him to help block because our line sucked.

They draft Eifert and use him properly even if he isn't a great blocker.  Don't hardly use him with Gresham.

So up and down and head scratchers to me.  Bizarro world here.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 11:18 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: "If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." ~ Ryan Blair

Funny quote from a guy who dropped out of school and only had success because his moms rich boyfriend gave him a job.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 07:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This team and TEs.

They draft a Mackey award receiving TE and say he can't play because he can't block.

And they were proven correct when he couldn't play for other coaches and other teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert made his money down the seam. 

Eifert made his money being able to get in and out of cuts like a WR.  Kroft and Uzo can't do that.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 04:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Philli lost their QB last year. There's always injuries and many teams have won a SB without all their pieces.

Some coaches handle it better than others.

So you are trying to use Philly coaches as an example of being able to overcome all obstacles? Aren't they the same guys who are 6-6 this year?

Teams that win Super Bowls with back up QBs are like guys who smoke all their lives and never get heart or lung disease.  They are exceptions to the rule and are often nothing but lucky.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 08:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And they were proven correct when he couldn't play for other coaches and other teams.

Still can't believe that he couldn't catch on: his numbers per snap were pretty on par with any middle of the road TE.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 08:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny quote from a guy who dropped out of school and only had success because his moms rich boyfriend gave him a job.

Yep, I’ve heard similar responses to things people choose to ignore.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 09:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yep, I’ve heard similar responses to things people choose to ignore.

Not sure what you mean, but it is still a stupid quote.

Most people fail or succeed because of their skills and/or resources, but those who succeed just because they were born with more skills or resources often refuse it admit this and instead give credit to their superior character or tenacity.  It sounds much better to claim success due to "just wanting it more than you did" instead of "I was a high school drop out who was extremely lucky that my mother had a rich boyfriend who helpd me into the business at his company."  The guy probably does have some smarts, but he still owed a lot of his success to good fortune. 

EVERY team in the NFL performs worse when their key starters are out with injury.  It is not an "excuse".  It is a fact.  Some have more depth and deal with it better, but I've seen the best teams lose games due to injuries to key players. And even teams like the Eagles last year were just a fluke.  If their coaches could overcome any obstacle then they would be better than 6-6 this year.  I've even seen studies showing that over the years the winningest teams are usually the healthiest teams.  But it is hard to just look at the numbers because Green and Eifert are the only two "elite" talents we have had on offense other than when Whit was here.  Losing one or both of them was tough on us.  

When a rich kid wrecks his Porsche his dad lends him the Benz while the 911 is in the shop.  Marvin had a few flashy toys, but when one broke he either had to ride the bus or drive his dad's 10-year-old PT Cruiser.  A J McCarron was the exception.  He was a solid back up.  Not the star some people here imagined, but pretty damn good for a #2 QB on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 08:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny quote from a guy who dropped out of school and only had success because his moms rich boyfriend gave him a job.

Hmmm.......like someone's dad who gave him a football team?  He should have stuck to lawyering because he's a 26 year abject failure at his football gig.

So someone who drops out of school can't be successful?  Should be looked down upon?  What are you saying?  I'm sure Bill Gates would disagree.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 09:46 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So someone who drops out of school can't be successful?  Should be looked down upon?  What are you saying?  I'm sure Bill Gates would disagree.

Sure they can.  I just don't like the ones who had some amazing good luck to generate quotes about how his success was all due to his character and tenacity.

And Bill Gates would 100% disagree with the idea that the only reason people fail is because they make excuses.  That is why he spends billions of his own dollars helping the disadvantaged instead of just accusing them of making excuses.

Rant   Smack  Pissed   Hammer
Reply/Quote