Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Touch backs to the 25 and Tate
(03-25-2016, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Smart teams will begin to have their kickers "pooch it" high and just short of the goal line....something Nugent does quite well.  As many burners as this team has on special teams, I would much rather see this approach than a free start at the 25.

(03-26-2016, 11:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe this will be exactly how teams approach this rule change an that means it will probably be more unsafe.

Silly rule imo and believe kickoffs are part of the game and should not be changed. 

This tweaking will not hurt anything really but will not change much either. 

This is why I call it silly. 

don't know how easy it will be to "pooch" a kickoff just a few yards shorter.  Seemed to me that many kickers were trying as hard as they could just to get the kicks a few yards deep.  If they start taking something off thier kicks they could end up at the 10-15.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 12:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty much. We'll never see another Devin Hester or Josh Cribbs.

It's just extending one of the most boring parts of any football game. TD, commercial, PAT, commercial, Touchback, commercial... three commercial breaks split up by like 30 seconds of game. While taking away one of the most exciting parts of any football game, which is a great return for a TD.
Actually I think this may backfire.  They want to limit the kickoff returns due to injury, but I can see the strategy on the kicking team being to kick the ball higher so it lands at the 5 forcing a return.  If you have a good cover team I think you could stop them from getting to the 25 yard line and thus improving field position.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 08:52 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Actually I think this may backfire.  They want to limit the kickoff returns due to injury, but I can see the strategy on the kicking team being to kick the ball higher so it lands at the 5 forcing a return.  If you have a good cover team I think you could stop them from getting to the 25 yard line and thus improving field position.

Might actually work out well for us then if this is the case.

Still don't like it but i guess we have to take any advantage we can get. We have a very solid ST's coach and unit.
Reply/Quote