Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough Question?
If the Bengals lose these next two games do you trade some key guys who will be FA next season or do you play out the rest of the season with them?
DJ Reader- Value 3rd RD comp or higher- Best Fit Dallas
Tyler Boyd- Value 5th RD comp or higher- Best Fit Kansas City
Tee Higgins- Late First/early 2nd or higher + 3rd comp pick or higher- Best Fit Houston
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No team would give draft Capitol when they could just wait

If i were a bad team even the Bears or us i would not give a pick when i know they’ll be free agents anyway
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:08 AM)J24 Wrote: If the Bengals lose these next two games do you trade some key guys who will be FA next season or do you play out the rest of the season with them?
Tee Higgins- Late First/early 2nd or higher + 3rd comp pick or higher- Best Fit Houston

It's important to keep in mind these comp picks wouldn't come until the 2025 draft. And the window is 2023/2024, not waiting all the way to 2025.

If we go by the rule of thumb that a 1st rounder next year has about the same value as a 2nd rounder this year due to the delay, then you're really talking about needing to get a 4th in 2024 for Reader, 6th rounder for Boyd, 4th for Higgins if you're going to get about the same value as the 2025 comp picks.

If you can get better than that for any of them and the Bengals are 1-6 or maybe 2-5 going into the trade deadline, you have to consider it.

Boyd especially I think should be on the block in this scenario.
It would open the door for Jones to get more playing time, and you could probably bring up one of the PS WRs as depth with Jones getting to be de-facto starting slot.

I can't imagine the run defense without Reader given how bad it's been even with him there.
He's probably the least expendable this year out of the 3 you listed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 12:56 PM)Housh Wrote: No team would give draft Capitol when they could just wait  

Sure they would, if it helps them immediately.

Eg. Kansas City and Tee Higgins, he'd be the obvious Nr. 1 receiver there and potentially boost their chances in this season dramatically.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 01:13 PM)hollodero Wrote: Sure they would, if it helps them immediately.

Eg. Kansas City and Tee Higgins, he'd be the obvious Nr. 1 receiver there and potentially boost their chances in this season dramatically.

Holy shit I hope we don't give Higgins to KC?( joking I know you're only using it as an example)
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's important to keep in mind these comp picks wouldn't come until the 2025 draft. And the window is 2023/2024, not waiting all the way to 2025.

If we go by the rule of thumb that a 1st rounder next year has about the same value as a 2nd rounder this year due to the delay, then you're really talking about needing to get a 4th in 2024 for Reader, 6th rounder for Boyd, 4th for Higgins if you're going to get about the same value as the 2025 comp picks.

If you can get better than that for any of them and the Bengals are 1-6 or maybe 2-5 going into the trade deadline, you have to consider it.

Boyd especially I think should be on the block in this scenario.
It would open the door for Jones to get more playing time, and you could probably bring up one of the PS WRs as depth with Jones getting to be de-facto starting slot.

I can't imagine the run defense without Reader given how bad it's been even with him there.
He's probably the least expendable this year out of the 3 you listed.

I view a 3rd Comp & a 4th RD pick has similar value. I should have said 3rd Comp or 4th RD pick and  higher in the OP. Same for 4th rd Comp to 5th rd pick & 5th rd comp to 6th rd pick.

As for the most valuable of the three players I would go Tee, DJ, Boyd. You're 100% right that the run defense would be terrible(more than it already is) without DJ but he will be 30 and I'm not sure he would be worth a franchise Tag number of 20 Million. 

Tee would be worth the Tag (IMO) and he will be only 25.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 02:10 PM)J24 Wrote: I view a 3rd Comp & a 4th RD pick has similar value. I should have said 3rd Comp or 4th RD pick and  higher in the OP. Same for 4th rd Comp to 5th rd pick & 5th rd comp to 6th rd pick.

As for the most valuable of the three players I would go Tee, DJ, Boyd. You're 100% right that the run defense would be terrible(more than it already is) without DJ but he will be 30 and I'm not sure he would be worth a franchise Tag number of 20 Million. 

Tee would be worth the Tag (IMO) and he will be only 25.

Tee gonna have to start playing a bit better if he wants a Tag or a big contract.  So many dropps already.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 04:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tee gonna have to start playing a bit better if he wants a Tag or a big contract.  So many dropps already.

He's getting tagged unless he had a major injury or signs a contract extension.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 04:55 PM)J24 Wrote: He's getting tagged unless he had a major injury or signs a contract extension.

This is my guess as well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2023, 04:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tee gonna have to start playing a bit better if he wants a Tag or a big contract.  So many dropps already.

agreed...doesnt look anything close to a guy that fetches a high draft pick right now....even when Burrow manages to get it to him it seems to always be a bobble and maybe catch...very strange whats going on with him.   
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 02:08 AM)J24 Wrote: If the Bengals lose these next two games do you trade some key guys who will be FA next season or do you play out the rest of the season with them?

Always an interesting conversation.

I don't think Tyler Boyd will command alot of attention. Last year of his deal, 29 years old, and a slot only WR.

Someone will give up something for DJ Reader maybe even as high as a top 50 pick even with age and last year of his deal.

Tee Higgins of course is the top trade contender. Even with the bad start his career shows the type of player he is and would be worth a top 32 pick easy. I would like to see the Bengals try to collect multiple picks foe Tee because I like rhe depth of the 2023 draft class.

Another name I'll throw out if things don't go well is Chidobe Awuzie. Teams always want corners
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 10:25 AM)Synric Wrote: Always an interesting conversation.

I don't think Tyler Boyd will command alot of attention. Last year of his deal, 29 years old, and a slot only WR.

Someone will give up something for DJ Reader maybe even as high as a top 50 pick even with age and last year of his deal.

Tee Higgins of course is the top trade contender. Even with the bad start his career shows the type of player he is and would be worth a top 32 pick easy. I would like to see the Bengals try to collect multiple picks foe Tee because I like rhe depth of the 2023 draft class.

Another name I'll throw out if things don't go well is Chidobe Awuzie. Teams always want corners
So I have question for you?

If you're Duke would you trade Higgins for Burns(Panthers) straight up?
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 07:11 PM)J24 Wrote: So I have question for you?

If you're Duke would you trade Higgins for Burns(Panthers) straight up?

No. The point of trading Higgins is to get future assets on cheap rookie deals. Trading for Burns puts them in the same position of having to fork over a huge contract this upcoming off-season. If they are gonna pay one I'd rather the guy that's been in the locker room with Tee.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 12:56 PM)Housh Wrote: No team would give draft Capitol when they could just wait  

If i were a bad team even the Bears or us i would not give a pick when i know they’ll be free agents anyway

If you're less than half way through the season and you could add a piece that would put you over the top, you would definitely give a pick, for that reason and so that you don't have to over/out-bid opponents in the offseason.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote