Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough one
Playing with the backup QB an all those injuries.

At least all that assures that Marvin get another chance next year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
You think those are reasons he gets another chance?

He would regardless.

Reply/Quote
Honestly this Bengals team would be 6-6 right now without all those injuries. Some real tough luck they've had this year.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Playing with the backup QB an all those injuries.

At least all that assures that Marvin get another chance next year.

Yup the excuse is ready to go.  The Steelers are assured a minimum of two more wins not counting the one coming up.    
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yup the excuse is ready to go.  The Steelers are assured a minimum of two more wins not counting the one coming up.    

While the Ravens have a tougher row to hoe, they will put the pressure on the Steelers if they win three of their last four. Then the Steelers will have to beat the Pats or the Saints to win the division. The Steelers seem to be playing down to the competition these last games.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Honestly this Bengals team would be 6-6 right now without all those injuries. Some real tough luck they've had this year.

Yeah you're right and they would only be one and one half games behind your team. I think the Steelers have been looking ahead and living in absolute fear of the Patriots coming to town. It's like Brady riding into town with a shiny badge and all the loudmouth rats running and hiding under the floor boards. This is going to get good. Hey baby bring me some popcorn.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:06 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: While the Ravens have a tougher row to hoe, they will put the pressure on the Steelers if they win three of their last four. Then the Steelers will have to beat the Pats or the Saints to win the division. The Steelers seem to be playing down to the competition these last games.

I just meant they have two more guaranteed wins next year as Marvin will be here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I just meant they have two more guaranteed wins next year as Marvin will be here.

I heard somewhere that his 2019 contract is a team option. If his salary is guaranteed he will definitely be the coach next year. Old Mikey is not going to pay two coaches. Hopefully we get a young coach who will be able to get the most out of his players.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:14 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah you're right and they would only be one and one half games behind your team. I think the Steelers have been looking ahead and living in absolute fear of the Patriots coming to town. It's like Brady riding into town with a shiny badge and all the loudmouth rats running and hiding under the floor boards. This is going to get good. Hey baby bring me some popcorn.
lol. Bragging about hypothetically only being 1.5 games behind the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: lol. Bragging about hypothetically only being 1.5 games behind the Steelers.

Lol bragging when your team has lost two in a row and got lucky when they got out of Jax with a win. Don't worry Ben will shame his teammates to a super bowl win.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: lol. Bragging about hypothetically only being 1.5 games behind the Steelers.

BTW where in the hell is the rest of the Bragging Bunch. Things settle down with losses. Don't feel bad they can probably come out of their safe space  after they play the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Lol bragging when your team has lost two in a row and got lucky when they got out of Jax with a win. Don't worry Ben will shame his teammates to a super bowl win.

(12-03-2018, 08:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: BTW where in the hell is the rest of the Bragging Bunch. Things settle down with losses. Don't feel bad they can probably come out of their safe space  after they play the Raiders.

Who's been bragging about any of this?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: BTW where in the hell is the rest of the Bragging Bunch. Things settle down with losses. Don't feel bad they can probably come out of their safe space  after they play the Raiders.

Sounds like Steelers fans keep an even keel. Don't get over excited about losses.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Who's been bragging about any of this?

The Brad Fritz School of Assumptions (Slogan:”We make an ass out of you and me!”) can boast of another proud graduate.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:08 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The Brad Fritz School of Assumptions (Slogan:”We make an ass out of you and me!”) can boast of another proud graduate.

Oh guy with his eight year old son's hat on, are you referring to the assumption that the Bengals would only have one more win if Eifert,Gio,Mixon,Dalton,Vigil, Brown,Burfict,Glenn, Dennard,PriceEct,etc. etc...were healthy??? I made no assumptions I only talked smack about how all the posters on smack talk crawl back in their safe places when their teams not doing so well , even though they are doing so much better than the rest of the division. I guess my comment must have given Steelers fans a little fire because it has woken them up.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:39 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Oh guy with his eight year old son's hat on, are you referring to the assumption that the Bengals would only have one more win if Eifert,Gio,Mixon,Dalton,Vigil, Brown,Burfict,Glenn, Dennard,PriceEct,etc. etc...were healthy??? I made no assumptions I only talked smack about how all the posters on smack talk crawl back in their safe places when their teams not doing so well , even though they are doing so much better than the rest of the division. I guess my comment must have given Steelers fans a little fire because it has woken them up.

Okay, I guess I'll have to walk you through this.  

In post #10 of this thread, you taunted sixandcounting for bragging.  In post #12, he rightly pointed out that no Steeler fan was actually bragging about anything.  Like Brad (BFritz21), you assumed you knew what sixandcounting's motivations were and interpreted them as bragging, even though he had done nothing remotely close to that. In effect, you responded to a comment that no one made, which is very much a Brad move. 

You are, therefore, making a case for being the absolute worst poster on this forum.  However, Brad does not seem to be going down without a fight.  In the other 'Tough One' thread, Brad is arguing that a Steeler should be punished because he could have  injured the kicker, even though no contact was made on the play.  So, if you’re going to win this one (and you’ve stayed in it this far), you're going to have to dial up the stupid.  

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:08 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Okay, I guess I'll have to walk you through this.  

In post #10 of this thread, you taunted sixandcounting for bragging.  In post #12, he rightly pointed out that no Steeler fan was actually bragging about anything.  Like Brad (BFritz21), you assumed you knew what sixandcounting's motivations were and interpreted them as bragging, even though he had done nothing remotely close to that. In effect, you responded to a comment that no one made, which is very much a Brad move. 

You are, therefore, making a case for being the absolute worst poster on this forum.  However, Brad does not seem to be going down without a fight.  In the other 'Tough One' thread, Brad is arguing that a Steeler should be punished because he could have  injured the kicker, even though no contact was made on the play.  So, if you’re going to win this one (and you’ve stayed in it this far), you're going to have to dial up the stupid.  

What is your number stupid?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What is your number stupid?

605-475-6962

Give me a call.  Seriously.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:08 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Okay, I guess I'll have to walk you through this.  

Post # 9 I was accused of bragging for saying our record would have been better without the injuries. Sixandcounting was giving a backhanded jab at the Bengals and I responded. Is that what you are supposed to do on Smack talk? Putting down the Bengals doesn't make the Steelers any better but that is what bullies do. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 10:16 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Post # 9 I was accused of bragging for saying our record would have been better without the injuries. Sixandcounting was giving a backhanded jab at the Bengals and I responded. Is that what you are supposed to do on Smack talk? Putting down the Bengals doesn't make the Steelers any better but that is what bullies do. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Yeah, you didn't get it. But my earlier post is the only explanation you get. Failure to comprehend on your part does not constitute an obligation to help you understand on my part.
Reply/Quote