Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough one
Playing with a bunch of guys that won't stop jumping offsides on a FG attempt. 

At least all that assures that Tomlin can unleash hell next week. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:35 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playing with a bunch of guys that won't stop jumping offsides on a FG attempt. 

Good to see the refs can occasionally spot an offsides/false start.  Waiting for halfbrain to point out how the NFL fixes games for the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:42 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good to see the refs can occasionally spot an offsides/false start.  Waiting for halfbrain to point out how the NFL fixes games for the Steelers.

Yeah, all that fixing crap is old, lazy and lame. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Didn't a ref get fired for missing something like that in a Cleveland game? Offsides and illegal motion are pretty much the easiest calls to make, and there are two guys standing right on the line just to watch for those.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:55 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't a ref get fired for missing something like that in a Cleveland game?  Offsides and illegal motion  are pretty much the easiest calls to make, and there are two guys standing right on the line just to watch for those.

Yep.. If was LAC vs Cleveland.

Refs totally blew multiple calls...but let me share what I wrote this morning about it:

Quote:Refs suck.

But GREAT teams overcome that...IF they don't make mistakes that kill themselves.

Steelers have a future HOF QB, WR and great O-line. Defense is starting to gel a bit.

But they are are not a top three team in the AFC (let alone the league) with their inconsistency.

That's just the way it is.

I hoped I was wrong but I thought the Steelers would lose last night...and if they don't put 60 minutes together they will lose to New England and New Orleans too.

Right now they still might win a bad division but it's going to take a big turnaround for them to go anywhere in the playoffs.

As I always say: You have to get in first and then anything can happen.

Might lose in Oakland too.  The Steelers do not have a great history there.

Their collapse may say Harbaugh's job too if he can squeak into the playoffs or win the division.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, all that fixing crap is old, lazy and lame. 

I used to think it was "fixed".  And I still think that sometimes the part-time employees the NFL hires to oversee their billion dollar entertainment program call things to keep games close...whether that is intentional or just something they do to "help" lesser teams.

But more and more I am just convinced that they are incompetent.  The game is too fast for these old guys.  And yes, being part time doesn't help.  They have other things to think about all week except this AND if they lose their job they just go to the weekday one.  
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.. If was LAC vs Cleveland.

Refs totally blew multiple calls...but let me share what I wrote this morning about it:

Might lose in Oakland too.  The Steelers do not have a great history there.

Their collapse may say Harbaugh's job too if he can squeak into the playoffs or win the division.

But you shouldn't have to overcome incompetence, and that was an 8-3 team they were playing.  The best you can hope for with these morons is that it evens out for both teams throughout the game, but it's hard to overcome a TD that shouldn't have happened.  I guess the biggest question is did it give them an advantage on that play.  Those are the ones that really bug me.    
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But you shouldn't have to overcome incompetence, and that was an 8-3 team they were playing.  The best you can hope for with these morons is that it evens out for both teams throughout the game, but it's hard to overcome a TD that shouldn't have happened.  I guess the biggest question is did it give them an advantage on that play.  Those are the ones that really bug me.    

If the bogus TD had occurred at the end, I'd be more upset with the refs.  But the Steelers but a 16 point lead after that and still pissed the game away.  This loss is not on the refs.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:11 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But you shouldn't have to overcome incompetence, and that was an 8-3 team they were playing.  The best you can hope for with these morons is that it evens out for both teams throughout the game, but it's hard to overcome a TD that shouldn't have happened.  I guess the biggest question is did it give them an advantage on that play.  Those are the ones that really bug me.    

TWO touchdowns that shouldn't have happened (block in the back on the punt return).

But the Steelers still scored 30 points.  You need the D get off the field of get a TO at some point too.

And lost in it all is the missed XP that was the difference in the game.  It would have forced LA to go for two (again) after the last TD.

No, the team did enough to lose too.  And the players all said that postgame.
Reply/Quote
Relax, no big deal 16 point lead was blown. The good news no impact players were hurt so next week kill the Raiders and on to winning the division.

I am rooting for Steelers since Bengals tanked (again).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Relax, no big deal 16 point lead was blown. The good news no impact players were hurt so next week kill the Raiders and on to winning the division.

I am rooting for Steelers since Bengals tanked (again).

Just the starting running back.   Mellow

But I get the sarcasm from the guy who has celebrated injuries for opposing players (Steelers) before.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just the starting running back.   Mellow

But I get the sarcasm from the guy who has celebrated injuries for opposing players (Steelers) before.   ThumbsUp

And somewhere Le’veon Bell is smiling.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:47 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: And somewhere Le’veon Bell is smiling.

That's a false narrative too.

Fans crying and moaning about "See!!!11!!1!!! We needed Bell in case Conner got hurt!!!"

Meanwhile Bell was injured three of the last four seasons.

Then Connor would be the next man up.

Now it's the next man up.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:42 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good to see the refs can occasionally spot an offsides/false start.  Waiting for halfbrain to point out how the NFL fixes games for the Steelers.

I only have half of my brain but I'm smart enough to know when that was too objective to even ignore.  

I will point out, however, how dirty the Steelers are with three offsides (the third one on the kick that was good) and how the NFL is so bias that they won't even be punished.

Why should they be punished you ask (I know you will because Steelers fans aren't smart enough to see the obvious)?

Multiple guys running in full-speed and diving at the kicker while his leg is in the air could end the kicker's season, or possibly even his career, especially if they hit his plant leg.

So, please explain to my half brain why you're ok with the Steelers playing dirty and putting other players in danger.

(I also love the way you tried to switch the narrative to avoid acknowledging what a joke your team is.)
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:35 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playing with a bunch of guys that won't stop jumping offsides on a FG attempt. 

I figured this would be a game they would lose. It sucks though that they lost this game when they had  the lead most of the game. Offsides on the first field goal attempt at the end of the game is what pissed me off the most. IF Haden wouldn't have jumped, the game would have went to over time. Anything could happen then. Oh well, the Steelers inability to score most of the second half is the reason they lost. It was a disgusting display.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I only half of my brain but I'm smart enough to know when that was too objective to even ignore.  

I will point out, however, how dirty the Steelers are with three offsides (the third one on the kick that was good) and how the NFL is so bias that they won't even be punished.

Why should they be punished you ask (I know you will because Steelers fans aren't smart enough to see the obvious)?

Multiple guys running in full-speed and diving at the kicker while his leg is in the air could end the kicker's season, or possibly even his career, especially if they hit his plant leg.

So, please explain to my half brain why you're ok with the Steelers playing dirty and putting other players in danger.

(I also love the way you tried to switch the narrative to avoid acknowledging what a joke your team is.)
Typical Brad.

Make up a false rule or a false truth and use it as evidence of bias when a team isn't punished for it. 

Also, no one mentioned you by name, so how do you know that his post was talking about you?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:07 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Typical Brad.

Make up a false rule or a false truth and use it as evidence of bias when a team isn't punished for it. 

Also, no one mentioned you by name, so how do you know that his post was talking about you?

Who else on this board is missing parts of their brain?

Please don't tell me that you are really trying to argue that he wasn't referring to me because I know Steelers fans are delusional and live in their own little fans world but I don't even think you can make something up to contradict what I'm saying.

Also, what "false rule or false truth" did I make up?  This should be fun because Steelers fans claim all kinds of stupid things and expect to never be called out on them.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I only half of my brain but I'm smart enough to know when that was too objective to even ignore.  

Welp, that's the end of this thread...so much for a good conversation.

I guess we should ban trying to block kicks...
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:04 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I figured this would be a game they would lose. It sucks though that they lost this game when they had  the lead most of the game. Offsides on the first field goal attempt at the end of the game is what pissed me off the most. IF Haden wouldn't have jumped, the game would have went to over time. Anything could happen then. Oh well, the Steelers inability to score most of the second half is the reason they lost. It was a disgusting display.

Might lose in to the Raiders...it's happened frequently.

Will probably lose to the Saints and Patriots.

Might still make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote

This sentence is literally too good to be true, for multiple reasons. 

Quote:I will point out, however, how dirty the Steelers are with three offsides (the third one on the kick that was good) and how the NFL is so bias that they won't even be punished.

I believe they were penalized in each instance.  How is offsides "dirty" btw?

Quote:Why should they be punished you ask (I know you will because Steelers fans aren't smart enough to see the obvious)?

Please wait a second, I'm making some popcorn for this.

Quote:Multiple guys running in full-speed and diving at the kicker while his leg is in the air could end the kicker's season, or possibly even his career, especially if they hit his plant leg.

As GMDino already stated, trying to block a kick is now dirty?  Getting the popcorn was so worth it.

Quote:So, please explain to my half brain why you're ok with the Steelers playing dirty and putting other players in danger.

I literally just achieved the perfect butter to salt ratio.

Quote:(I also love the way you tried to switch the narrative to avoid acknowledging what a joke your team is.)

Well, they certainly blew it the last two weeks, no doubt.  Not sure that a Bengals fan has any foundation to label another team a joke though.
Reply/Quote