Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough one
(12-04-2018, 10:12 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’d like to think he’s in here trolling with the comment, but.....

We'd all like to think that, BUT ....
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote:
Gene Steratore was on the radio this morning saying every long snapper has their "thing" and as long as it doesn't go too far (judgement call) the officials let it go.  He said THIS guy usually gets talked too about his flexing before snapping...so the officials knew he did it all the time.

Unfortunately they didn't give the opposing team the same leeway when they KNEW he moves and could cause a quick jump.  The first offsides was close.  It could have been the same no flag they did all game with LA.

Them's the breaks....
He’d be my center on EVERY 4th and less than 5 play on offense. Seriously if he’s going to be allowed to do that, I’d take full advantage.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: I know a couple Raiders fans...in years like this when they couldn't beat a pair of twos all they want is to beat Pittsburgh because of the Immaculate Reception.

But it's STEELERS fans that live in the past.   Smirk

My brother would say that wasn't a reception and that shouldn't count and would bring it up even though if happened before he was alive. He acted like he saw the play live and would always say the Raiders should have won. The funny thing is he never watched a game of football. He couldn't tell you more than 3 players on their team. He claimed he started rooting for them because he liked their colors. He was also like your friends, he would be ok with them going 1-15 as long as that 1 win was against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: My brother would say that wasn't a reception and that shouldn't count and would bring it up even though if happened before he was alive. He acted like he saw the play live and would always say the Raiders should have won. The funny thing is he never watched a game of football. He couldn't tell you more than 3 players on their team. He claimed he started rooting for them because he liked their colors. He was also like your friends, he would be ok with them going 1-15 as long as that 1 win was against the Steelers.

Uhg...I have a couple friends like that.  They hate football but love when the Steelers lose because they have friends who are fans.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 04:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Uhg...I have a couple friends like that.  They hate football but love when the Steelers lose because they have friends who are fans.

Yeah that's him. He was also a fan of the Yankees in baseball and would laugh when the Pirates sucked and said I should root for a real team. I said name 5 players on the Yankees team. He just shut up. I said exactly, you don't watch baseball, so don't tell me who to root for. I wanted to take him to see a Yankees game the year he passed away and we had a date all set, but he lost his job before then and ended up committing suicide. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 05:12 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah that's him. He was also a fan of the Yankees in baseball and would laugh when the Pirates sucked and said I should root for a real team. I said name 5 players on the Yankees team. He just shut up. I said exactly, you don't watch baseball, so don't tell me who to root for. I wanted to take him to see a Yankees game the year he passed away and we had a date all set, but he lost his job before then and ended up committing suicide. 

Whoa!  That took a quick turn!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 05:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whoa!  That took a quick turn!

Yeah I guess I shouldn't have just blurted that out to complete strangers. I just got caught up in the moment and wasn't thinking. 
Reply/Quote
Gene Steratore was on the radio this morning saying every long snapper has their "thing" and as long as it doesn't go too far (judgement call) the officials let it go.  He said THIS guy usually gets talked too about his flexing before snapping...so the officials knew he did it all the time.

Unfortunately they didn't give the opposing team the same leeway when they KNEW he moves and could cause a quick jump.  The first offsides was close.  It could have been the same no flag they did all game with LA.

Them's the breaks....

There's actually an obscure rule that could have awarded the Chargers the points even had they missed the final attempt.  It's a judgement call, but when a defense has consecutive offsides like that, it can be interpreted that the defense is purposely committing fouls in order to stop the offense from scoring.  In that case, the offense is awarded points.  I'm not sure it's ever been enforced, but it's a rule, nonetheless.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 05:39 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah I guess I shouldn't have just blurted that out to complete strangers. I just got caught up in the moment and wasn't thinking. 

No problem...lol.  I was just surprised.  Life happens.
Reply/Quote

Them's the breaks....

I love the logic behind just grandfathering in a pump fake snap move for certain players just because it's their "thing" as if it should have ever been allowed to become their "thing" in the first place. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2018, 07:54 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I love the logic behind just grandfathering in a pump fake snap move for certain players just because it's their "thing" as if it should have ever been allowed to become their "thing" in the first place. 

If he's not moving the ball I get why they just warm him.  And it's not the officials job to tell the opposing team.  That would on Coach "We ran out of smoke" to tell his guys.

But if officials are going to "let them play" that way they any thislcose offsides should be allowed too.

But then we're basing this off part-time employees being consistent from crew to crew when they almost enver train together.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 07:28 AM)6andcounting Wrote: He was trying to end that kicker's career on that play, but just ran the wrong way. He would have gotten away with it to, but Brad caught him.

Don't forget those meddling kids.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: My brother would say that wasn't a reception and that shouldn't count and would bring it up even though if happened before he was alive. He acted like he saw the play live and would always say the Raiders should have won. The funny thing is he never watched a game of football. He couldn't tell you more than 3 players on their team. He claimed he started rooting for them because he liked their colors. He was also like your friends, he would be ok with them going 1-15 as long as that 1 win was against the Steelers.

We Bengals fans aim much higher.  2-14
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:58 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Steelers will beat the raiders and go 1-1 with the patriots and Saints. Book it.

You were saying?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:41 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You were saying?

Is this smack towards me about being wrong about your team winning against what was a 2 win team?

I guess I’ll eat crow?

Reply/Quote
I just saw the last minute of the game. I didnt realize they put themselves in a position to tie. I dont know about you, but im getting tired of seeing the steelers have a chance at the end of every loss. Seems like every week they have a chance to tie or take the lead in the last 5 seconds. It happened in the Jags game too but they managed to squeak that one out.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I just saw the last minute of the game. I didnt realize they put themselves in a position to tie. I dont know about you, but im getting tired of seeing the steelers have a chance at the end of every loss. Seems like every week they have a chance to tie or take the lead in the last 5 seconds. It happened in the Jags game too but they managed to squeak that one out.

They did with the same play that Miami beat the Patriots with, it’s just that JJSS didn’t score the TD
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:53 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Is this smack towards me about being wrong about your team winning against what was a 2 win team?

I guess I’ll eat crow?

Smack is smack.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I just saw the last minute of the game.  I didnt realize they put themselves in a position to tie.  I dont know about you, but im getting tired of seeing the steelers have a chance at the end of every loss.  Seems like every week they have a chance to tie or take the lead in the last 5 seconds.  It happened in the Jags game too but they managed to squeak that one out.

That's just because they usually suck eggs for the first quarter or so and have to play from behind.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
Damn.....Tomlin missed out on unleashing hell again.  Pesky ass Raiders. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote