Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toughness and Strength
(11-27-2018, 01:19 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How many people have hired Chuck in a truck to paint the house or remodel the bathroom and very quickly realized the money they saved was a giant mistake ?

Hey now....Son of Paul got a twofer out of Ludwig von Dumbass for a quarter of a century...half ass line coach and 3/4 ass dinner engagement entertainment for the price of one! Yey? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:42 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Don't forget the litany of injuries either. The strength and conditioning coaches are probably a place where the cheap bastard cuts corners to save those pennies 

Who needs a strength coach and state of the art equipment? Mike Brown splurged for 60 Total Gyms, a dozen Shake Weights, and a few dusty Ab Loungers.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The cheap bastard (your words) gave them the state of the art workout area and equipment????

Why don't we place blame where it belongs for once, on strength coach and players who have no work ethic.

thats because the cheap bastard won't pay for real talent! Any more questions??? Now run along!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: George just laid it out there for ya....another lifer like Piano Paul.  Yeah...probably has one dude and ither teams have 12...like our scouting department. Cheap bastard is right. He finds ways to rub two nickles together in an effort to make a dime, best believe that. 

Even if successful, what would that get you?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Even if successful, what would that get you?  

Exactly the point of the adage. I'm sure you're familiar with the term "throwing good money after bad"....it's kinda along those lines.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:41 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Who needs a strength coach and state of the art equipment?  Mike Brown splurged for 60 Total Gyms, a dozen Shake Weights, and a few dusty Ab Loungers.

The Bengals DO have state of the art equipment. And, when Pollack got here and didn't like the blocking sleds PA used, they were all replaced with what he wanted. Again, there are enough legitimate gripes about this organization, I don't know why people feel the need to make things up....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals DO have state of the art equipment. And, when Pollack got here and didn't like the blocking sleds PA used, they were all replaced with what he wanted. Again, there are enough legitimate gripes about this organization, I don't know why people feel the need to make things up....

It wasn't sleds....PA didn't have things like the chute and other practice equipment. He preferred arm pads....

Reply/Quote
I expect some of that there newfangled “Nautilus” equipment might arrive at the PBS gym any day now. Mikey Boy probably found some used stuff from a local gym.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: It wasn't sleds....PA didn't have things like the chute and other practice equipment. He preferred arm pads....

Well you get my drift.... Pollack asked for new equipment and got it.... and the Bengals just totally revamped their strength facility.

https://www.bengals.com/video/new-weight-training-area-15877514
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well you get my drift.... Pollack asked for new equipment and got it.... and the Bengals just totally revamped their strength facility.

Those who decided to highjack the thread with going after MB don't like facts that dispute their arguments. MB may be cheap, but the point of this thread is why is our team so much weaker than other teams? We can't plant and drop someone and that is on workouts in the weight room so strength coach(es) and players work ethic.

I get it some think MB is cheap, God Bless you so now can we get back on thread topic.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Or maybe Chip is a sorry stack of shit like Piano Paul and stays put in a comfy position he knows he most likely won't lose for less money. The other simple business adage.....you get what you pay for.

Chip actually has a good pedigree.  He was an assistant at Ohio State, Penn State's strength and conditioning coach, went to the SB as the Charger's strength coach, won a ring as the Ravens strength coach, and seems to still be working on furthering his education and certifications(at least per his bio).

A couple of other things I would look at are technique and effort.  Injuries tend to happen when you don't go 100%, and this team really seems to lack in the effort department.  

I think another possibility is other teams are known to cheat and slide in extra full pad practices.  I highly doubt we are doing the same.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals DO have state of the art equipment. And, when Pollack got here and didn't like the blocking sleds PA used, they were all replaced with what he wanted. Again, there are enough legitimate gripes about this organization, I don't know why people feel the need to make things up....

Was joking
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
This team is done. Gut everything except the players.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Injuries are way more a matter of luck or bad intent by opponents than a lack of toughness.  What on earth could Eifert have done in the weight room to have prevented a guy from diving into his knee?

And I don't agree that strength is an issue either.  If it was all about strength, no DB would ever tackle a back or TE.  It's not physical with this team.  It's lack of desire and terrible technique.

I don't know if Chip Morton is a problem or not.  But he was here when Zimmer had the #4 defense.    Did he forget how to do his job since then or have the players forgotten how to do theirs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well you get my drift.... Pollack asked for new equipment and got it.... and the Bengals just totally revamped their strength facility.

Yes sir.....I recall an article talking about all of that.....I was just messing around.  Alexander didn't have a lot of the equipment used in linemen drills by his own choice. Headscratcher......

(11-27-2018, 11:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Those who decided to highjack the thread with going after MB don't like facts that dispute their arguments. MB may be cheap, but the point of this thread is why is our team so much weaker than other teams? We can't plant and drop someone and that is on workouts in the weight room so strength coach(es) and players work ethic.

I get it some think MB is cheap, God Bless you so now can we get back on thread topic.

I wasn't derailing, just wondering out loud if that was an area where he cut corners.  We all know Mike likes corner cutting.....look at our scouting department for example.  After that, yes, it was late, and I was having sarcastic fun....sue me, this season has brought that back out in me. LOL 

(11-27-2018, 01:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: Chip actually has a good pedigree.  He was an assistant at Ohio State, Penn State's strength and conditioning coach, went to the SB as the Charger's strength coach, won a ring as the Ravens strength coach, and seems to still be working on furthering his education and certifications(at least per his bio).

A couple of other things I would look at are technique and effort.  Injuries tend to happen when you don't go 100%, and this team really seems to lack in the effort department.  

I think another possibility is other teams are known to cheat and slide in extra full pad practices.  I highly doubt we are doing the same.

Interesting info on Chip, thanks for the clarification.  So, it would seem Marvin brought him over with him from Baltimore.  Color that theory of mine WRONG. Smirk

You make a strong point about the effort, half assing is a sure fire way to get hurt, or playing to not get hurt.

Why can't we cheat some? Sad

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget the litany of injuries either. The strength and conditioning coaches are probably a place where the cheap bastard cuts corners to save those pennies 

LMAO.   Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Thats some funny shit my man!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:30 PM)McC Wrote: Injuries are way more a matter of luck or bad intent by opponents than a lack of toughness.  What on earth could Eifert have done in the weight room to have prevented a guy from diving into his knee?

And I don't agree that strength is an issue either.  If it was all about strength, no DB would ever tackle a back or TE.  It's not physical with this team.  It's lack of desire and terrible technique.

I don't know if Chip Morton is a problem or not.  But he was here when Zimmer had the #4 defense.    Did he forget how to do his job since then or have the players forgotten how to do theirs?

In the case of Eifert.....it's DEFINITELY bad luck, and I'd say the Denard injury was too.  However, on defense, or either line....bad technique or taking plays off can get you hurt.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: In the case of Eifert.....it's DEFINITELY bad luck, and I'd say the Denard injury was too.  However, on defense, or either line....bad technique or taking plays off can get you hurt.

Exactly.  And you can't really lay that at the feet of the S/C coach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:28 PM)McC Wrote: Exactly.  And you can't really lay that at the feet of the S/C coach.

True.

Reply/Quote
If we totally redo the coaching staff, I have absolutely no problem with keeping Morton and Simmons.
Reply/Quote