Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tour de France
Does anybody like watching this thing besides me?

It is one of my favorite sporting events of the year. I got really hooked when Lance in his biking pants was killing folks (PEDs aside). But I've always been a fan going back to the days of Miguel Inderain.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course I do !
Reply/Quote
Tightest pants in the sports world.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anybody like watching this thing besides me?

It is one of my favorite sporting events of the year. I got really hooked when Lance in his biking pants was killing folks (PEDs aside). But I've always been a fan going back to the days of  Miguel Inderain.

This part made me a little uncomfortable, so i decided to steer clear of this thread. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
All joking aside, the Tour is arguably the hardest sporting event on earth. I really respect those guys. But it is boring to watch.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All joking aside, the Tour is arguably the hardest sporting event on earth.  I really respect those guys.  But it is boring to watch.

Luckily it comes on quite early in the states; so I DVR it. 

I will fast forward through much and watch the sprints and the climbs. 

The scenery and the commentary about the area is also quite interesting. 

Reply/Quote
I like the camera angles where they're right on top of the riders, and you wonder how they can get that close without a major accident occurring. As a sporting event, no, it doesn't hold my interest. But, I like to watch curling on tv, so, I won't criticize.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Problem with biking is, it's full of lies and disguise. Whoever breaks the rules most slyly wins. Whcih took away lots of my respect for the athletes and most of my fascination for the sport.
- More than half of the field are "asthmatics" so they can swallow stuff legally that would be forbidden. Hard for me not to think of that as ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 07:14 PM)hollodero Wrote: Problem with biking is, it's full of lies and disguise. Whoever breaks the rules most slyly wins. Whcih took away lots of my respect for the athletes and most of my fascination for the sport.
- More than half of the field are "asthmatics" so they can swallow stuff legally that would be forbidden. Hard for me not to think of that as ridiculous.

But you like football don't you ?

Guys are clean in NFL.

Confused
Reply/Quote
If they ain't dopin', they ain't racin'.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 07:43 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: But you like football don't you ?

Guys are clean in NFL.

Confused

Yeah I know. It's still different though. It's not so much about being clean, it's more about the lies and disguises. I'm not for legalizing doping as a whole, but it sure would make cycling more honest. Footballers don't have to swear to the press every other day that they didn't take anything just for eventually getting caught taking something.
Plus, clean or not obviously bothers me less in a team sport. I know my sentiments are not entirely consistent there. I have learned to live with that.
Reply/Quote
Armstrong was a liar. Not all cyclists are doping.
Reply/Quote
But I remember the drama I made when I did post "Armstrong is the biggest fraud of history" way before he talked on Oprah's show and I had all a bunch of birds names. French losers, Frog, Coward, WWII ( lol ! as If someone here made WWII ) but the truth is that he was a fraud but not all cyclists are frauds.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 01:34 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Armstrong was a liar. Not all cyclists are doping.

Only the ones who win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 05:27 PM)McC Wrote: Only the ones who win.

If you say so.
Reply/Quote
I remember the American rider that credited his good performance to Whiskey. Found out he was doping.

Reply/Quote