Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Toxic lockerroom players speak
whoa....Lou and Jim Turner specifically called out

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-culture-problem

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Isn't this the exact thing Zac said he was eliminating? We all know what a joke Jim Turner is who is named in this article but not much respect for Lou either, why are these guys still coaching? Fire your terrible hires Zac!

"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:03 AM)corpjet Wrote: Isn't this the exact thing Zac said he was eliminating?  We all know what a joke Jim Turner is who is named in this article but not much respect for Lou either, why are these guys still coaching?  Fire your terrible hires Zac!

It's a scathing article and exemplifies why Zac and his coaching staff must go.

Edit: This is the kind of article that might lead to more players speaking aloud. It's only going to get uglier since Burrow isn't at QB to lead the squad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Losing Burrow in such horrific fashion was the last straw. You saw how the team gave up right after it happened. Same old Bengals had to creep in their minds as it did all over the league.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If you are looking down the barrel of a 5th losing season in a row and a 2nd 2-win season in a row and the locker room isn't pissed you have a locker room full of apathetic losers, dontcha?
Reply/Quote
This didn't happen under Marvin Ninja
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If you are looking down the barrel of a 5th losing season in a row and a 2nd 2-win season in a row and the locker room isn't pissed you have a locker room full of apathetic losers, dontcha?

there is pissed and there is driving a bus...this was a bus

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:10 AM)pally Wrote: there is pissed and there is driving a bus...this was a bus
Seems like a train
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Culture may be bad...but if your gripe with a coach is being called a dum MF'er you probably will have issues in most NFL locker rooms. It's a mentality that is being phased out but definitely still exists with a ton of coordinators. I got a buddy who is a practice squad guy who has bounced around to a couple of teams who text me and laughed about that part.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor and basically his entire staff need shown the door.
Reply/Quote
Zac and Co. need to go, that's all.
Reply/Quote
She's not one to write outlandish articles, thus I'm inclined to believe what Elise is saying.

3 quotes from unnamed players though, is hardly enough fuel for the fire.

Still, it goes back to what we've all been saying, that Turner and Lou are the two negative constants.

I would have to hope that someone with power takes notice and tells Zac that if he keeps those two, he's out of a job.

That would be a best-case scenario, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I believe the article because we’ve seen multiple players speak out on social medial. Zac seems like a soft spoken guy you has no control over the locker room and is in over his head with no coaching experience considering he was only a quarterbacks coach with the Rams. The article seems to throw shade on every coach. Lou being unapproachable and calling players dumb is a bad look along with the stuff written about Turner.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Zac Taylor and basically his entire staff need shown the door.

Sadly, they needed to be shown the door before this and losing Burrow is a one-two punch because it is quite likely to fulfill the FO's will to change as little as possible since this season is an injury-plagued wash.
Reply/Quote
Start fresh in 2021.

Please...for the love of God. Don't let this man destroy Joe's career and continue the Bengals down this hole of irrelevance.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Sadly, they needed to be shown the door before this and losing Burrow is a one-two punch because it is quite likely to fulfill the FO's will to change as little as possible since this season is an injury-plagued wash.

Absolutely

And it will not surprise me at all for MB and Co. to lean on the injury excuse and keep him for another season. In fact I'd be more surprised if Mike does the right thing and shit cans the whole bunch.
Reply/Quote
I feel that ZT will be let go this offseason.

Mike does the right thing ala waits till the end of the season but I have to imagine this isn’t good enough even with his low standards.
Reply/Quote
Seriously there is no good reason to keep Zac or his guys around, admit a mistake was made, Zac is in way over his head and his hires on both sides of the ball have done nothing to prove their worth.

Cut bait and lets move on!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: She's not one to write outlandish articles, thus I'm inclined to believe what Elise is saying.

3 quotes from unnamed players though, is hardly enough fuel for the fire.

Still, it goes back to what we've all been saying, that Turner and Lou are the two negative constants.

I would have to hope that someone with power takes notice and tells Zac that if he keeps those two, he's out of a job.

That would be a best-case scenario, IMO.

I think they are gone after this year.  If they are keeping Zac, they need sacrificial lambs for the fanbase.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: Culture may be bad...but if your gripe with a coach is being called a dum MF'er you probably will have issues in most NFL locker rooms. It's a mentality that is being phased on but definitely still exists with a ton of coordinators. I got a buddy who is a practice squad guy who has bounced around to a couple of teams who text me and laughed about that part.

I agree that a lot of coaches probably use harsh language with their players.  But the coaches have to have earned some respect and have credibility before it is acceptable.  

The "bully" approach to coaching might work in high school and college when the coaches are men and the players are boys.  But when you are in the NFL coaching grown men they will not be impressed by screaming and cussing.  I am sure there are NFL coaches who scream and cuss, but they have to have the "field cred" to back it up.

Good players WANT TO be coached hard.  They know that will help them get better.  They don't mind good coaches screaming at them.
Reply/Quote